VP of Gaming
34138 posts

Re: Pottermore Coming to Playstation Home April 2013

Mar 20, 2013

Conrad_Max wrote:

It's amazing how this thread has gone from a really cool and exciting announcement to the negative zone. But that is to be expected.

Regardless, the announcement is cool, the video beautiful and expectations high. But rather than pass judgment, I will wait and see how it all plays out.

its not negativity, its called constructive criticism. people are just voicing their wishes.

the Harry Potter space is neat, but some people would also like other stuff and/or more things. if Sony can bring us Pottermore, why not other things?

Message 101 of 126 (268 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
33 posts

Mar 20, 2013

I'm a huge Harry Potter fan and I'm really, really looking forward to this. I'm so excited already! I hope there will be personal spaces to buy too, maybe based on our Hogwarts House of choice? Hufflepuff please and thank you~<3

Message 102 of 126 (251 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
179 posts

Mar 20, 2013

my question is this, is this going to come to NA? . it would be great if it does, but i see nothing about what region/ regions it will be coming to

Uncharted 3 Stats Card by the Naughty-Kennel.com - Shortnsassy37
Message 103 of 126 (232 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Splicer
62 posts

Mar 20, 2013

In replay to U2crazy4me;

I was emailed on my NA account so it is for NA.

This is from England so that's why the EU ratings.

Pottermore and everything Harry Potter has been in the works for a long time, Look at the game Book of Spells. This is just an extension of the Sony and Pottermore working with one goal Playstation exclusives, I think we do have better things coming.

Also to answer the question of linking up your PSN ID there is one item still locked on the site, I am in the second book far past the requirement for linking up the ID and no way to do this as of yet.

I wish people would not look at the dark side so fast. Home has come a long way (I was in closed Beta) and the cost it is up to you how much you spend. You can spend years on home free if you want. But hey there are company's out there that do not owe you anything to say in business and still give freely. I choose to support those I appreciate and give them my hard earned money for the pleasure of spending hours on home with friends, playing games for a few Duckets.

I have no right to demand anything from them, but they give me items for free and let me play. So when I like something I buy it, That's called Business.

The developers have family's to feed, bills to pay to you know nothing is perfect and I agree Home has it's flaws but it is something nobody has done before, when you make a new world you have to make adjustments as Home does.

There is no other console that has a Home like ours and I for one like my Home and hope it will always be there when I want to jump out of RL and into Home Life.

Message 104 of 126 (226 Views)
Sackboy
283 posts

Mar 20, 2013

U2crazy4me wrote:

First I'll say that @Loki6669 I totally agree with what you said and actually even though I didn't get to put it up here before you a friend and I were having that same conversation earlier in the day about the matter.

Now for my real reason to post here, I hate to be the downer here but I think you all need to pay closer attention to the very beginning of the video.. The very first thing that comes up is the Pegi rating (a EU game rating system only) which is NOT the rating system that is use in NA for games. Second the next screen with the blue background, logo and a quick tone is also something that is only used in EU. So if you haven't guessed already what I'm trying tell you is all signs point to this game is either ONLY going to come out in EU and not NA or maybe just go to EU first. I'm just pointing this out cause I can see how many of you are getting your hopes up and yet missed the obvious sign it may not be an NA thing.. I'm not claiming that I know more then the rest just that signs are not good..

First, good eye on spotting the EU indicators in the video. I'm 99.9% sure we will be getting the Harry Potter content in the NA region as well. Why? EU has no Hub space and devs specifically took the time to code in the owl arrival/foreshadowing Smiley Happy

-60GB RIP 4-15-2010-
Message 105 of 126 (220 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5125 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 20, 2013

Loki6669 wrote:

U2crazy4me wrote:

First I'll say that @Loki6669 I totally agree with what you said and actually even though I didn't get to put it up here before you a friend and I were having that same conversation earlier in the day about the matter.

Now for my real reason to post here, I hate to be the downer here but I think you all need to pay closer attention to the very beginning of the video.. The very first thing that comes up is the Pegi rating (a EU game rating system only) which is NOT the rating system that is use in NA for games. Second the next screen with the blue background, logo and a quick tone is also something that is only used in EU. So if you haven't guessed already what I'm trying tell you is all signs point to this game is either ONLY going to come out in EU and not NA or maybe just go to EU first. I'm just pointing this out cause I can see how many of you are getting your hopes up and yet missed the obvious sign it may not be an NA thing.. I'm not claiming that I know more then the rest just that signs are not good..

First, good eye on spotting the EU indicators in the video. I'm 99.9% sure we will be getting the Harry Potter content in the NA region as well. Why? EU has no Hub space and devs specifically took the time to code in the owl arrival/foreshadowing Smiley Happy

EU also has owls in their Home Square, as seen in the picture below similar to the ones that are spotted in the HUB. It seems the Pottermore space will be coming to EU & NA.. I don't think we should worry about it not coming here Smiley Happy

(pic from the EU forums)

Message 106 of 126 (197 Views)
Sackboy
362 posts

Mar 20, 2013

maxima24 wrote:

In replay to U2crazy4me;

I was emailed on my NA account so it is for NA.

This is from England so that's why the EU ratings.

First off your two points you try to make here are completely invalid and shows you don't know anything about the ratings systems in either region. I can receive or send an email to anywhere in the world that doesn't mean that what I sent or receive on said email is coming to where I am no matter what the subject is.. As far as the rating systems go it has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with were something is made it pertains to the market it is being sold in. EU uses Pegi, NA uses ESRB and they are never or can never be mix matched. You can buy a game from an EU region with a Pegi rating from online but a Store in any NA region can not legally sell a game with a Pegi rating on it and vise versa.

The rest of your post has nothing to do with the thread and is completely off-topic and should be edited as such. No one mentioned anything that you brought up for you to make that lengthy comment to.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Message 107 of 126 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
362 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 20, 2013

Loki6669 wrote:

Thank you Loki.. I was merely pointing an observation is all, I wasn't claiming I knew for sure.. And you make a good point about the owls being in the HUB. I have yet to see them seeing I don't spend that much time in NA that much anymore nor do I regularly go to the HUB in the fist place. But now I'll have to go check it out for myself as well lol..

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Message 108 of 126 (163 Views)
Splicer
62 posts

Mar 20, 2013

I'm sorry if you got a bit upset U@crazy4me but to answer you.

The email was a direct marketing one sent to me as a user of Pottermore listed as a USA user (this is a worldwide site). Yes, you give your country which you live and get  marketing directed to you all they from around the world. Smiley Tongue

I do know how email works and marketing that is how I knew this was for NA.

I thought why should they make different videos showing different ratings for different country's I have never seen this before. It is a video probably made still in Beta. They are a EU developer, that's why the EU rating system.

As for the rest it was not directed to you anyway but those who feel entitled to only freebies and perfectly working software, which was mentioned here.  

Smiley Happy

Message 109 of 126 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
167 posts

Mar 20, 2013

Finally signed up due to this news. Figured myself for Ravenclaw, what scant vibes I've figured of the houses, but ended up in Hufflepuff. Yet, reading the introductory spiel for it, it seems to bear many coincidences with my life, past and present. Just so long as I don't have to be decked in a garish yellow in Home, I'll be fine. Maybe I should strike up conversation with some Ravenclaws, maybe bring a verdant mixture of those house's qualities.

That, and I should finally finish the second book and beyond.

Message 110 of 126 (357 Views)
0 Likes