Highlighted
May 30 2013
By: Bolavon Lombax Warrior 133 posts

Pottermore Charms

20 replies 980 views Edited May 30, 2013

So last night I finished level 56 on Charms and well that was it, I figured I would get a reward or something since I seen here and there I was getting cards threw the levels, but I guess not, keep in mind I didn't get 3 check marks on each one, but I did finish every level, so if you are working on them, don't expect a reward when you finish, just figured I would share that...

photo samurai-bujutsu-107698.jpg
Message 1 of 21 (980 Views)
Lombax Warrior
103 posts

Re: Pottermore Charms

May 30, 2013
I'm almost finished with all charms and with 3 check marks... The only thing I have gotten from it has been pottermore cards Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 21 (939 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

May 30, 2013

Someone needs to talk to Granzella or Lockwood to understand how Homies love rewards. 

Message 3 of 21 (925 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4056 posts

May 30, 2013

Bolavon wrote:

So last night I finished level 56 on Charms and well that was it, I figured I would get a reward or something since I seen here and there I was getting cards threw the levels, but I guess not, keep in mind I didn't get 3 check marks on each one, but I did finish every level, so if you are working on them, don't expect a reward when you finish, just figured I would share that...

Same experience for me. 3 pages of mind-numbing exercises in floating a feather around obsticles that randomly will end your game if you touch them (sometimes they will, sometimes they won't; sometimes smashing full speed allows you to continue, sometimes bumping at a feathers fall will restart your game) and nothing to show for my efforts. Can I get a scarf? Can I get a better looking pair of pants? Something? No... okay. Smiley Tongue

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 4 of 21 (916 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1668 posts

May 30, 2013
LOL or a free shirt with a people face on it?
Message 5 of 21 (908 Views)
I Only Post Everything
819 posts

May 30, 2013
Well the game maybe boring but how bout that six axis? Pretty neat thinks me.
Message 6 of 21 (905 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4056 posts

May 30, 2013

lauranichole25 wrote:
Well the game maybe boring but how bout that six axis? Pretty neat thinks me.

Okay, I'll admit, I liked the six-axis. I feel it's underutilized in games in general, much less in Home. After 56 levels, however, ... uggh.

Message 7 of 21 (896 Views)
I Only Post Everything
819 posts

May 30, 2013
I guess it was just either to hard for devs to include its use in games or there was no incentive to do so. Either way Sony's left it in the dust...but ya...what a waste. Oh! That flower game used it..that was fun.
Message 8 of 21 (886 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4056 posts

May 31, 2013

KMDash21 wrote:
I'm almost finished with all charms and with 3 check marks... The only thing I have gotten from it has been pottermore cards Smiley Happy

If you manage to get 3 checks on each one, let us know if you get anything. I'm too lazy to try, unless there's a reward. Smiley Very Happy

Message 9 of 21 (842 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4509 posts

May 31, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Someone needs to talk to Granzella or Lockwood to understand how Homies love rewards. 

nDreams as well.

I was just chatting with a friend about how developers need to design their spaces and games to encourage and reward people for coming back and playing multiple times.  

Unfortunately, not only has the 'Pottermore Card' collecting been a bit of a let down, but the restrictions in these spaces, and issues with the games has already led to a massive drop in attendance at the original Pottermore spaces, and I suspect we will only see a bigger drop in these new spaces as well.

Unless something drastic changes, I suspect in a month you'll be lucky to find more than a dozen people in any of the Pottermore spaces.

To me, this 'promotion' has been a massive failure, especially if it's intention was to attract new users to Home.  Because if this was my first impression of Home, it likely would have been my last as well.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 10 of 21 (811 Views)