Lombax Warrior
102 posts

Re: Positive people need to be more vocal!

Jan 25, 2013
If something is broke, then by all means mention it, but don't hate and bash others who like it broke. If you like something, mention it, but don't hate and bash others who dislike it. Also, why bash those who purchase everything on Home? I know, I know, if people keep spending on Home even at the outrageous prices (which is really a personal opinion) then the prices will never go back to what they used to be. Even still, why bash others because they don't agree with your ideology? It is counter productive and that's what we need to avoid.
Message 11 of 48 (281 Views)
Fender Bender
2651 posts

Jan 25, 2013
Many people just tend to take it too personally when anyone has an opposing point of view.

If one criticises Home too harshly, they're branded as a negative whiner. If one supports Sony too strongly, they're a corporate shill.

I should know because I've been called both...which basically confirms that I am neither. I just say what I think, positive or negative. It helps to offer a potential solution along with one's complaint though.
castle3
Message 12 of 48 (271 Views)
Fender Bender
1473 posts

Jan 25, 2013

I LOVE PS home!

I think people complain, because they love home and care enough about it continuing, to complain if something upsets them.

Still others just complain because that's what they do. Trying to start up something or stir the pot a little more.

I LOVE the new locomotion features that home has introduced and hope they continue to do so.

I LOVE the new fashions that Granzella and others have introduced.

I look forward to many more new and fascinating things that will be brought to home this year.

Yes, some I may not like, but I feel I will still continue to LOVE home.

If we took just five minutes, to recognize each others beauty, instead of attacking each other for our differences .............
Ellen Page
Message 13 of 48 (242 Views)
Fender Bender
3075 posts

Jan 25, 2013

I try to be possitve on here by using a little humor now and then. But that irritates some people on here. I also find that sometimes when your trying to be possitive with your posts or threads there's always some negative person or troll who has to put what you said down. So that's why possitive people probably don't post as much because they don't want some negative troll to spoil thier mood. I admit sometimes I also tend to complain abit when I'm not happy with the latest Home content. I don't do it all the time, but still sometimes I join the crowd of complainers and that's not always a good thing.

bobs fed signature
Message 14 of 48 (224 Views)
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Jan 25, 2013

X-MsLiZa-X wrote:
Many people just tend to take it too personally when anyone has an opposing point of view.

If one criticises Home too harshly, they're branded as a negative whiner. If one supports Sony too strongly, they're a corporate shill.

I should know because I've been called both...which basically confirms that I am neither. I just say what I think, positive or negative. It helps to offer a potential solution along with one's complaint though.

This is so true'

HomeStationMagazine
Message 15 of 48 (222 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1311 posts

Jan 25, 2013

Shilly Whiners, tricks are for kids.

Message 16 of 48 (206 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2760 posts

Jan 25, 2013
Perhaps the new games and their rewards have become too easy. I remember when the Forum was full of Game and Reward guides. Group efforts to gain rewards and social events were common. From the Support Forum, it appears many of Homes technical problems for users are not universal and appear difficult to solve. My overall experience with Home is that most issues eventually get solved, just not on OUR desired time schedule. Do not forget, many issues require both the content Developer and Sony working together to fix. Over the past year, most Developers have been communicating with users very well, unlike in Home's earlier days.
Posted Image

Message 17 of 48 (188 Views)
Fender Bender
3241 posts

Jan 25, 2013

Ench, isnt "labeling" those who are vocal as to why they feel Home is failing the community at large as 'complaigners", yet in the same breath labeling those that are Sony apologists as "positive voices"  kinda hypocritical ?

I mean in a nutshell this isnt something that just popped up overnight.

Its been a steady decline in quality, and a spike in pricing, and sometimes the content doesnt even deliver as advertised.

I've seen people straddle the fence and voice how they feel when Home is doing it right, as well as when Home is doing it wrong as bag of earwax. maybe their just trying to please both sides or are attempting to be politically correct. But the bottom line is there is no wrong or right when people voice their satisfaction or displeasure. ESPECIALLY when they're spending their money.

Message 18 of 48 (173 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
735 posts

Jan 25, 2013

I'd love to not complain, I really would! BUT - complaining constructively can change things for the better! We can't just sit back and allow rip-offs to occur.

Take for example the new Lockwood Prairie. I actually love the place. What I don't love is when the prices for horses suddenly increased. I mean, really, how do you get $1.49 wrong when it's supposed to be $3.99? I don't think it's a mistake, I think they saw how many they were selling and increased the price for more profit, not that I blame them but wow, don't do it right in the middle of the day for people to see! Lol.

And this recent update announcement, sorry to bring it up again, but wow. New text colors and color wheel would be refreshing to all users. Everyone should get a chance, even if it costs money, on Home. Yes, PSPlus users should get discounts, I won't deny that, but to keep this exclusive is mean, taking our ideas and leaving a lot of us out. Bully stuff.

I love a lot of things about Home, though, which is why I keep using it. I love buying clothes because it's cheaper than in real life, hah. I kind of use Home for just dressing up my avatar! I also love it for the socialization with friends in a cool atmosphere that I can't visit in real life this time of year, like the beach. Home is a fantasy land in a way!

However, if our ideas were taken to heart with everyone's enjoyment in mind there would be a lot less complaining! Home is supposed to be a place where we all belong. ~Not to sound corny.~ Lol. Smiley Happy

Message 19 of 48 (164 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
359 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 25, 2013

1.75 is delayed, because of server issues it created.  http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home/New-1-75-not-coming-on-1-30/m-p/39386347#U39...

Im posotive im glad GW isnt allowed to do more by sony, lol

basic communication non existent and pick and chose when and if he can do portions of his job. blog posted hours after home comes up. cut paste send, and its still not close to correct.

GW but hurt diva rant, and threat to shut down blog forum, like he can, and has the power, lol

So you all want me to be more vocal. Here you go. I hope this all makes sense and makes everyone a little more understanding. Unfortunately, I cannot be more like this all the time, but here's a moment I'm sharing with you to provide a little more insight.

The plan was to let everyone in on the major change as early as possible, following up with a global sync of releasing the Patch Notes in full (once they were finalized), which is scheduled for tomorrow. This is all according to plan, regardless of any drama-canes that might result of it. If I have to take one for the team because people want to kill the messenger, or because some community member gets out of line and doesn't like being corrected, it's par for the course in my line of work. It's unfortunate, but I do not have time to waste with pettiness when I aim to deliver a message in good faith for everyone to let them know changes they should know as early as possible. It was actually *my* idea to share it that early—global community management agreed with me, so you're welcome from my heart to yours (honestly). I could just let things happen, but I do aim to ensure things run as ideally as possible for everyone's satisfaction, but it's mostly behind the scenes work, so you don't have to see or worry about it. I guess a dividend from that is that no one knows how much I work *for* them, so I get little credit or appreciation. I'm not asking for any, but you'll have to trust me on that. Believe it or not, I do love this community and try to serve it the best I can. So if someone feels butt-hurt, I'm sorry, but I refuse to tolerate nastiness. No one is allowed to be a jerk here. So knock it off. I've been saying that since 2008 and won't be stopping anytime soon. I also don't read entire threads of a drama-cane, so you can bet I didn't read the entire recent one either. Nope. Not going to do it. I have far more important things on my plate at all times that require my attention more than a single, ridiculous thread bashing me or us or Home in general. I have a world to run folks, because I can stop working and let things fall apart if you prefer. No more blog posts, we can retire the Home forums, and put this baby to bed...

But I prefer to do Home justice by working my tail off, each and every day. And I'm fond of smiles and hearts, so even when I may not be happy with the way you guys blow things out of proportion and/or blame me for things out of *my* control, or with the way things are at that short moment in time, I stay optimistic and continue to do my best to serve this amazing community. :smileyvery-happy::heart:

Im also posotive someone takes themselves a bit too seriously, and may need a nap.

Message 20 of 48 (163 Views)
0 Likes