Uncharted Territory
1311 posts

Re: Positive people need to be more vocal!

Jan 25, 2013

How many games that are online for 4 + years have evolved this slow.

Effort in the core of home has been extremely slow to stagnant since no direction for home has ever been announce after the release.

Phill Harrison was the only one I can remember that even had a vision and shared it with the Playstation community.

Jack Buser gave no indication of the direction of home during his brief visit with home community.

4 + years and third party developer did magic with bringing digital items to home with a limited core.

I credit third party for getting the few core updates that have been released. 

Driving sales, Sony had no choice but to update just because of the volume of items purchased.

Remember Home was out before  PS+ was even around.

Everyone has the right free core updates, its still the beginning of a vision that has not yet been seen or articulated..

To myself, when a destination is disclosed for ps homes future, I can make that decision about investing in core support.

Home user's should not have to purchase a unknown destiny,  if that makes any sense.

Perception shared is a very important part of any impending success.

Message 21 of 48 (275 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Jan 25, 2013
The rule is. If you have a bad experience, you are most likely to tell 10 people about your experience than a positive one. And, that's for every where.

Home/Sony being easy targets. People become more harsh and lash out on them. And, will report their bad experience and be more negative and very vocal.

I only wonder how Home/Sony can take so many more complaints, before it goes under??

People will always tell you about the bad customer service they had. Even in real life, people rarely mention oh, what great customer service they had. We all do it.

Sony and Home, more bad than good. When it comes to the PS3.
Message 22 of 48 (262 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2651 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 25, 2013

ILLUMIN-X wrote:

I've seen people straddle the fence and voice how they feel when Home is doing it right, as well as when Home is doing it wrong as bag of earwax. maybe their just trying to please both sides or are attempting to be politically correct. 

I don't see it that way at all. There is nothing wrong with giving credit when credit is due but also offering constructive criticism when one feels it's warranted. It's not reasonable for anyone to be positive or negative all the time about everything.

Home has its upsides and downsides. All we can do is try to be honest, objective and call it as we see it.

castle3
Message 23 of 48 (249 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
102 posts

Jan 25, 2013
I'm sorry if I came across as saying font complain. That's not what. Was saying at all. I do believe that we shouldn't attack others for their beliefs. I'm saying that we need to be more positive as well. For example, we all know that Lockwoods Mercia space is a failure. It is completely correct to complain about it, even more so if you spent money on it. What's incorrect is to start attacking Lockwood, Sony and those who may feel Mercia is fine with them in a personal way. I am also saying that we need, on these forums, more people to talk about the positive things on Home as well. I'm not saying to be a brown noser who says that Sony and the devs can do no wrong and I'm not saying not to be angry. All I'm saying is that we need people who are happy with something about Home to speak up for it and to be able to do so without the fear of being attacked.
Message 24 of 48 (234 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3241 posts

Jan 25, 2013

X-MsLiZa-X wrote:

ILLUMIN-X wrote:

I've seen people straddle the fence and voice how they feel when Home is doing it right, as well as when Home is doing it wrong as bag of earwax. maybe their just trying to please both sides or are attempting to be politically correct. 

I don't see it that way at all. There is nothing wrong with giving credit when credit is due but also offering constructive criticism when one feels it's warranted. It's not reasonable for anyone to be positive or negative all the time about everything.

Home has its upsides and downsides. All we can do is try to be honest, objective and call it as we see it.

Yes I concur and agree...however....I've also noticed there are some that always stay within the same parameters in every response. Its like saying, "Yes Grandma I did enjoy the peppermint that was in your purse, even though it had lint on it and tasted like mothballs"...every single post. LOL

Bittersweet each and every time as not to offend Grandma.

If something is done right and is deservant of accolades...then by all means...clap till you drop.

And by the same token, if  somethin is done halfassed with no care or quality put into it...throw rotten tomatoes.

But there is no both every single time. Thats being politically correct.

Straddling the fence is completely different because opinions may change along with viewpoints and sentiment.

Message 25 of 48 (226 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
982 posts

Jan 25, 2013

ILLUMIN-X wrote:

X-MsLiZa-X wrote:

ILLUMIN-X wrote:

Yes I concur and agree...however....I've also noticed there are some that always stay within the same parameters in every response. Its like saying, "Yes Grandma I did enjoy the peppermint that was in your purse, even though it had lint on it and tasted like mothballs"...every single post. LOL

Bittersweet each and every time as not to offend Grandma.

If something is done right and is deservant of accolades...then by all means...clap till you drop.

And by the same token, if  somethin is done halfassed with no care or quality put into it...throw rotten tomatoes.

But there is no both every single time. Thats being politically correct.

Straddling the fence is completely different because opinions may change along with viewpoints and sentiment.

lol X after seeing your "I concur" statement all I could think about was this....

Spoiler

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 26 of 48 (219 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2651 posts

Jan 25, 2013
Point taken. That's where objectivity comes in, I guess. There's no upside in fabricating a silver lining just to make people feel better.
castle3
Message 27 of 48 (218 Views)
Fender Bender
3241 posts

Jan 25, 2013

See ?

WE ALL CONCUR ....LOLLLLLLLLLLLL

Message 28 of 48 (210 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
136 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 25, 2013

Honestly I don't blame the developers n such 4 not always responding I wouldn't want 2 respond knowing no matter what I say wether good r bad I'm goin 2 get criticized n yeeveryone and all that's not necessarily true i have seen plenty of developers responding n fixing things like the developer 4 tycoon always helping people some people r just plain rude n ungrateful I wouldn't want 2 help nyone yes there's been problems but least they r trying as 4 positive posting on my part don't think all the complaints r bad or not warranted I've been frustrated myself but the people that attack people personally is unnecessary complain bout something warranted like Avalon n the crystals stop attacking gw n the developers treat therm better n they might feel better at communicating back man I need 2 get my comp figured out my spellcheck on my cell is annoying not even correcting the words correctly 

Message 29 of 48 (198 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
PlayStation MVP
3243 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 26, 2013

krypticLyfe wrote:
We all see a lot of complaining on these forums, and many have good reason too. What I have noticed though, just doesn't seem right to me. Those who complain, especially those who complain just to have something to say, are way more vocal than those who are happy about something. When someone defends what they like, they are attacked brutally and usually only few if any ce to their defense. I was looking forward to the update very much, and now it's pushed back. I personally believe its because more people were heard complaining than not. I guilty of not speaking up as well, but no more! I want this update! I hated having my HDD cluttered by the Home saves! I look forward to the other changes! I want the friggen ice palace and all it's beautiful blueness! I think GW is doing all Sony of America is allowing him to do and isn't granted the freedom that SCEA and the other regions allow their mods to do! And gee golly wow SOA Home is the best by far, and I LOVE the new Hub!!!! Well, ok, I would rather have CP back, but you get what I'm saying.

:^/ I don't think it was the number of people who weighed in against the update versus for it. I suspect it was more a matter of the thoughts expressed within the discussion. Some of us antiipated troubles with the proposed changes and posted to bring these troubles to Sony's attention. Those issues would be better addressed before rolling out the change instead of after.

I agree that many folks could stand to be more civil in their interactions with others. Especially the back-and-forth quarrels clutter the pages, distracting readers from the actual discussion. This is detrimental to the community's efforts to air their concerns for Sony's consideration, and so people should refrain from that.

:^/ As for Home saves taking up room, they don't, really. A Home furniture save file uses no more room than a long-winded forum post, or similar. Another comparison, your own forum picture,

E0025.png

-uses 61.96 kilobytes of data, which is more than the default furniture file for the Harbor Studio, for example. Home saves really are that miniscule. Consider also, the ratio of users to servers is millions to one, so Sony will need millions of times more room on their drives to accomotdate our saves than the saves take on our drives. If our saves were truly cumbersome, as many feel, Sony wouldn't be able to host them all.

Message 30 of 48 (136 Views)