Sep 01 2012
By: ck2875 Fender Bender 3345 posts

Portable EOD Screen Size Accuracy

[ Edited ]
51 replies 670 views Edited Sep 1, 2012

Something that I noticed with these EODs (as much as I like them and continue to place them in each space I own) is the unrealistic proportions of the screens sizes in comparison to their real world counterparts. For anyone looking to buy only one of these EOD TVs, I would suggest buying the size bigger than you think you want, and definitely visit someone with the screens to show you how they look before you buy one.

To me (i.e. This is my personal opinion), the screen sizes in reality would be around the following sizes:

• 22 inch TV = 22 or so, so this is fairly accurate imo.
  • 40 inch TV = around 30" (I stare at a 40" TV in my apartment all day. The Loot 40" is definitely smaller).
  • 60 inch TV = around 40" (My parents have a 60" TV. It is huge. This size appears to be what I own (40")).
  • 80 inch TV = around 60"
  • 140 inch TV = maybe 120"
  • 240 inch TV = around 180" (hard to picture, but that doesn't seem like 20 feet diagonal to me). Since I was having trouble estimating what 240" / 20' would look like, see my "Fun with Numbers" below.

Am I alone in these observations, or does anyone else here agree?

Fun with Numbers:

Attack 8.33 woman 2.jpg

• 240" inch TV / 12 in/ft is 20 feet diagonal TV. To me that seemed way off that the actual TV we received, and the one pictured.
  • 240" TV in promo pic is 2.4 women laid diagonally. The woman is approximately 150 pixels tall and its 60 pixels from her head to belt. (60/150) = .4 woman.
  • 240 inch TV / 2.4 women = 100 inch / woman.  100 inches / 12 in/ft. = 8.33 foot tall woman. So the woman standing next to the EOD is 8.333 feet tall. Either she is really tall (doubtful that she is that tall), or that TV isn't 240 inches. 
  • If we assume that the woman is 5'8" that is a 68" tall woman. 68" x 2.4 women = 163.2 inch TV. That's a difference of 76.8 inches (or more than 6.4 foot of TV) [or more than one complete woman] that is missing.
  • If we assume that our model is the world's tallest woman (7'8" Yao Defen), then the 2.4 women x 92" tallest woman in the world = 220" TV screen, which is still shorter than the promised 240"

YaoDefen

(Picture of World's Tallest Woman, Yao Defen)

Pictured differently, the 240" should be at least as large as the 140" + 60" + 40" tv's laid diagonally.

example2.jpg

Message 1 of 52 (670 Views)
Wastelander
631 posts

Re: Portable EOD Screen Size Accuracy

Sep 1, 2012

HAha your killing me the tall woman well she big but i think the 240 is big but i think you need to chose the right HD tv better view i pick the 240 because it better picture to see or just buy the personal space of hollywood in LOOT store and measure the size of the tv and you know try to compare.

Message 2 of 52 (664 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

Sep 1, 2012

Good observations and I agree, the larger screens especially seem off as far as what they are claimed to be. I'm not too concerned by it myself, but good point about wanting to possibly select one size larger if one is thinking in terms of  the scale compared to their real-life counterparts.

Message 3 of 52 (630 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
778 posts

Sep 1, 2012

just buy the bundle , it makes the most sense !  (:

HOMELINGS ROCK!!!!
Message 4 of 52 (610 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1403 posts

Sep 2, 2012
No with the price of the mansion which also come with huge TV in each of them and inaccurate size, these tv bundle are just not worth to buy at all. To buy the biggest one 240 at $12 also too expensive. Left me no choice l so I bought 140 one for 7.99 eventhough the price is like the whole Dream Island
Message 5 of 52 (519 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28555 posts

Sep 2, 2012

I bought the bundle and I'm having fun spreading it out to several of my personal spaces and clubhouse. Wall mounted or floor, the biggest screen to the smallest. Whatever screen that seems to belong to a particular space. I am getting my money's worth.

As I always do.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 6 of 52 (515 Views)
Survivor
2039 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 2, 2012

In this paticular case, getting your money's worth is determined by how much time and how often you actually spend in your personal spaces and club, IMO. For example, if you pay $15 for the bundle to get all the TV's and you rarely go to your personal spaces....then that would seem like a waste of money to me. In other words, youre paying $15 for something you'd prolly not use that often if you spend most of your time in public spaces with friends, etc... Now, if your financial situation affords you the luxory of dropping cash on items and bundles like youre Donald Trump every week...then NVM LOL...but most of us poor folk cant do that. 

I just bought the individual 60in TV in case any of my friends wanted to watch movies in the club, as they can come and go whenever, without me being present. Since all my friends can benefit from my purchase for free, basically...i didnt mind the price difference compared to that of the bundle. So....i guess it all comes down to your personal prefrence. ^_^

I'm A Shadow. One That No Light Will Shine On. As Long As You Follow Me....You Will Never See The Day.
Message 7 of 52 (493 Views)
Fender Bender
2961 posts

Sep 2, 2012

Save your money folks your better off getting only the free one here. If you really want movies get the personal space with the 2 big screens and you get music as well. They don't work all the time but at least you don't have to clear out 25 slots for them. Has anybody figured out yet that loot has total contempt for our community. I was just wondering since loot had no problem throwing this scam bundle out there.

I love how loot pointed out "this is what we wanted". Yeah but that was back in 2009. When they wouldn't dare charge prices like this. Especially to get access to a free program what kind of deal is this? Do you really want to pay for commericals? That's what there doing here. Then they lie about the sizes of these things. These eod's aren't worth a 1/3 of what they are charging here.

Remember these people are always grubbing for money anyway. So why don't you wait till they put these things on sale. Look how long it took for them to put the MIB garbage on sale that only took a few weeks. True they lumped those together in a ridiculous bundle. But 50% off is better than what they want now for these things...

AlphaZone4.com | Home Item Database
Map
Map

Schlachlen-Haus fünf ................................

Message 8 of 52 (472 Views)
VP of Gaming
28555 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 3, 2012

strider367 wrote:

Save your money folks your better off getting only the free one here.

I suspect that a lot of people would like to view movies and television in other personal spaces than just the ones that come with the EOD. So if anyone is wondering about the Portable EOD and if they should get it/them or not, simply ask to try it out and make an informed decision.

I am available (usually after midnight until 0600 EST)  if you want to take a peek. Just send me a friend request via the XMB and type EOD in the body of the request. I will be very happy to show you what it looks like. 

Make up your own mind. And not let someone else do it for you.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 9 of 52 (457 Views)
Fender Bender
3345 posts

Sep 2, 2012

Conrad_Max wrote:

strider367 wrote:

Save your money folks your better off getting only the free one here.

I suspect that a lot of people would like to view movies and television in other personal space than just the ones that come with the EOD. So if anyone is wondering about the Portable EOD and if they should get it/them or not, simply ask to try it out and make an informed decision.

I completely agree with Conrad here and suspect a lot of people will like having these portable, viewable TVs. In my original post, I am in no way suggesting that people shouldn't get one of these EOD, as I really do like their addition to my apartments. I simply wanted to point out that they seem smaller than I expected based on real world observations of what these sizes look like, and help people make an informed decision. Anyone can send a friend request to me as well, if they are wanting to see what these look like and test them out.

Message 10 of 52 (429 Views)