Keyblade Wielder
5754 posts

Re: Polar Rush - Tundra Lodge Review / Guide / Suggestions

Apr 7, 2014

I just took a quick video of the new track! D-Nitrate did a great job with it!

Message 21 of 37 (562 Views)
Welcoming Committee
6037 posts

Apr 7, 2014

smokingpistol wrote:
B_MW, I like how in Granzella's Southern Hideaway public space you can sit on dock edge next to the spawn point and how in the Adventure District you can sit on a plank board overlooking the water Smiley Happy

I didn't know that about Granzella's Southern Hideaway. I always port to my Private Hidaway personal space and enter Southern from there. 

I haven't been to Adventure District in awhile. I'll have to check out this plank.

Thank you for the info.Woman Happy

=+=Irresponsible kids are raised by irresponsible parents who were once irresponsible kids themselves.The vicious cycle continues.=+=[/IMG]
Message 22 of 37 (556 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4505 posts

Apr 8, 2014

Awesome video Stephie!  Thanks so much for making it. I went ahead and added it to the OP as well as several new additons like:

Here are pics of each location on the map where you can find the reward marker (replaced by Santa Claus) :smileyhappy:

Mon = Dining Chair
Juggernaut Home Screenshot_88.jpg

Tue = Dining Table
Juggernaut Home Screenshot_86.jpg

Wed = Ice Tub
Juggernaut Home Screenshot_92.jpg

Wed = Armchair
[insert pic of wednesday's Armchair reward marker location]

Thu = Bar 
Juggernaut Home Screenshot_89.jpg

Fri = Bar Chair
Juggernaut Home Screenshot_129.jpg

Sat = Faux Fur Rug
Juggernaut Home Screenshot_85.jpg

Sun = Cuckoo Clock
Juggernaut Home Screenshot_87.jpg

Sun = King Sized Bed
Juggernaut Home Screenshot_91.jpg

Also added some of the missing pics/info for the course:

Juggernaut Home Screenshot_93.jpg

Juggernaut Home Screenshot_82.jpg

Juggernaut Home Screenshot_84.jpg

Juggernaut Home Screenshot_132.jpg

Juggernaut Home Screenshot_83.jpg

Juggernaut Home Screenshot_126.jpg

Which leads me to how I have set up the wonderful Racing Gates and the rules of a "registered" lap time.

First of all, I am using the Start/Finish Gate active items from Game Mechanics (each gate uses 3 slots and is located in the Ornament folder instead of Appliance):

9ae5806c87d8e39f31175803baae228e.png

These are terrific for racing, and work great in this space.  There are a few different ways you can use them to race with.

I prefer having them up on the deck around the stairs making it easy to race against multiple people at the same time, and adding the extra challenge of running to the snowmobiles, and exiting and running back up the stairs.

Juggernaut Home Screenshot_102.jpg

Also, by ending the race at the top of the stairs, it makes a natural gathering area after each race and a convenient way to view and update the leaderboard.

That's right, I also added a leaderboard by using the Personalized Large Sign also by Game Mechanics:

06ef7713711699336764b8645ab16e65.png

This sign allows you and your guests to view AND edit it, thus possible to make a list of best recorded times and or race results.

Juggernaut Home Screenshot_127.jpg

Now the great thing about these gates is that even if you are racing with several others, each gate keeps track of each person's time, so it isn't important that everyone start at the exact time - although its more fun to.

So for this layout, you would walk up to an available gate from the opposite side you plan on racing to, click on it, then click "Set-up" and then click X. If done correctly, your name will appear on the gate and the timer will reset to 00:00:00 if it wasn't already.  Now you are ready to go.  When you and anyone you might be racing against are ready, run through the gate to start the timer.  Run down to the default snowmobiles, pick one and start racing! 

If it's a one lap race, just exit your snowmobile near the stairs and run up and through your gate to end the time.  If it's for multiple laps, keep going until the last lap then exit and run up the stairs.

Now it is certainly possible to place gates out on the course by the starting spot:

Juggernaut Home Screenshot_95.jpg

Juggernaut Home Screenshot_94.jpg

The nice thing about having the gates located there is that you can start and stop the timer without having to get on or off the snowmobile - so it will record an exact lap time of just the course.  It also would allow for a lot more gates for a larger race.  The downside is that if you are going to have a multi lap race, each driver will have to be VERY careful not to drive under their gate until after their last lap or it will stop their timer.  That said, this is certainly a nice option to have, and I enjoy both set-ups.

More updates to come...

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 23 of 37 (534 Views)
Lombax Warrior
45 posts

Apr 8, 2014

Please tell me how to get furniture and other items outside.  Someone said to click through spawn points very fast and the outside snow area will show.  I've done this 100s of time don't see the xtra spawn

Message 24 of 37 (525 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
80 posts

Apr 8, 2014

Top secret.

Maybe its through the ceiling..

Message 25 of 37 (492 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4505 posts

Apr 8, 2014
If it's a secret, it's the worst kept secret in the history of Home, but there are a few people that feel Home should be restrictive and limiting, and so even if there are clever ways of decorating spaces, even encouraged by devs by the design of their spaces and items, and even though this adds a great deal of creativity and entertainment to Home, helps sell spaces and items for those purposes, and even the Community Manger agreed are perfectly harmless to the stability of Home - some still feel the need to report any such discussions and moderators who aren't familiar with Home delete those discussions.

So instead of increasing sales and usage of Home, they are partially responsible for it's shrinking popularity and sales.

Everything you need to know about creatively decorating spaces is and has been out on the internet for a very long time, just don't expect any discussion on how to do that on this forum, as ridiculous as that might seem.

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 26 of 37 (475 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4505 posts

Apr 9, 2014

D-Nitrate wrote:
Here is a map I made showing the location and date of each reward (the only one I forgot where I found it was Wednesday's Armchair reward.  If anyone can confirm exactly where they found the reward marker for that, please let me know and Ill add it.  I checked the "Discussion Thread" that smokingpistol linked to, but that marker was one Tang didn't get a picture of, and I'm fairly certain it wasn't near the campfire where he thought it was - as that's the location of the Cuckoo Clock reward marker.

A friend of mine, Qwestmedia, was nice enough to find and send pics of the location of the Armchair reward - I'll add that to the map when I have time, but in the meantime here are the pics he sent me so those still trying to find it can before time runs out today so you don't have to wait another week to get it.:

Image20140409164148233.jpg

Image20140409164205529.jpg

Image20140409164237876.jpg

Image20140409164301447.jpg

Image20140409164319840.jpg

"Like it never happened"

Message 27 of 37 (443 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4505 posts

Apr 10, 2014

OK, I've updated the map to show the Reward Marker for Wednesday (Armchair) and added a coule pics to show more of the area near that reward spot:

Juggernaut Home Screenshot_26b.jpg

Juggernaut Home Screenshot_90.jpg

Juggernaut Home Screenshot_143.jpg

"Like it never happened"

Message 28 of 37 (425 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4505 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 13, 2014

I updated the OP with a few additions and chnages.  The biggest one was the addition of a new turn, as some where not making the slight dog-leg left turn on the last straightaway:

Juggernaut Home Screenshot_26track.jpg

TURN 9 - Rover

Juggernaut Home Screenshot_148.jpg

This dog-leg left turn can sneak up on you if you aren't careful, so don't wait to the last moment to start turning left or you'll find yourself going up the hill. 

I also update the info on turns 7 & 4:

TURN 7 - Boa's Belly

Juggernaut Home Screenshot_42.jpg

Named for the belly of a snake that constricts, this is the middle of the three consecutive hairpin turns that make up the giants S-turns, and is the easiest of the three hairpins as the path is wide and offers several different ways of approaching it.  Just be careful where you come out of it...

TURN 4 - The Boulders

Juggernaut Home Screenshot_81.jpg

Juggernaut Home Screenshot_82.jpg

This is a very controversial turn and created some interesting debates as well as some horrific crashes and carnage.  Due to the high contrast of the snow, especially when racing, it is easy to think that going right of the second boulder is still following the path, and is certainly much easier and faster than going left of the boulder, but when you actually walk around that area, it is clear that to the right of that boulder is a steep incline leading all the way up that small hill, thus not part of the intended track. 

In fact, once you place something on that side of the boulder it really becomes clear just how steep it is and how off the course it is.  And while going left of the boulder is certainly challenging due to the larger boulder in front that you have to pass on the right, and the trees just beyond the second boulder that you have to pass on the right of.

Juggernaut Home Screenshot_134.jpg

Juggernaut Home Screenshot_133.jpg

Juggernaut Home Screenshot_135.jpg

To help visually guide racers to the correct approach of that turn, I went ahead and placed those three hedge items leading out to the boulder, and that seems to have helped a lot - even though technically someone can drive right through them, at least this way they can't claim they didn't see them, and with a race spotter watching from above they can confirm the authenticity of a proper lap.

"Like it never happened"

Message 29 of 37 (369 Views)
Uncharted Territory
665 posts

Re: I updated the OP with a few additions and chnages. The b...

Apr 13, 2014

That looks like alot of fun. Who is the current champ?

Message 30 of 37 (360 Views)
0 Likes