Lombax Warrior
171 posts

Re: Please resolve this issue. I am NOT a hacker!

Nov 10, 2012

Wow people are taking it too seriously xD

Message 11 of 30 (318 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1691 posts

Nov 10, 2012

Enjoy your fame! 

I bet tons of people are visiting your town = $$$

Message 12 of 30 (307 Views)
Hellfire Developer
775 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 10, 2012

zazzua wrote:

As many of us know, last Saturday there was a huge glitch in Home Tycoon that resulted in my name being on other peoples cities and this caused them to think I had hacked them. I had not and it was stated by moderators on these forums and even by Home Tycoon themselves on their FB page. 

However I am still being accosted in public places and being called a hacker to my face now. I really really want this to stop. I thought it would have calmed down by now but it hasnt and I hold Home Tycoon responsible for it.

Not one time have they sent out a message via the message of the day or through the actual game itself explaining what happened and how no one was hacked. Not everyone takes the time to follow up on these types of situations via forums or pages on FB. 

I myself have asked for an explanation and received none. Instead I was told to sit back and enjoy the extra revenues from lots of visitors. THAT NEVER HAPPENED! 

I am tired of being called names Home Tycoon and Im asking that you PLEASE fix this issue immediately. I have spent too much money to just let this account go and I cannot change my name. This is effecting my game play experience and if you think I log into PS home just to hang out in my apt and dance then think again. 

Please fix this!

I'm happy to go on record again to clear zazzua's name here. This was an issue related to the Amazon server outage, there was no hacking involved, and zazzua had nothing to do with the issue. The problem only lasted a couple of hours and was promptly fixed. No worries!

Like Hellfire Games on Facebook and sign up for our e-mail newsletter for exclusive updates & giveaways!

Message 13 of 30 (273 Views)
Survivor
1924 posts

Nov 10, 2012

If it helps, I never thought you were a hacker. And to be honest, if you hadn't posted this here I would have forgotten your name entirely. LOL

I'm sure most people understand that there was just a freak server error. You were just the name the server picked at random. Could have been any one of us.

But there are millions in home and billions of users on the internet. This instant modern connectivity we have means jerks and idiots from around the world are just a keystroke away. We all have to learn to ignore ignore ignore. it's the only way to survive the internet.

Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 30 (231 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
837 posts

Nov 10, 2012

You should call sony and tell them the situtation they have let users change there name in the past for good reasons and this sounds like one.

Message 15 of 30 (224 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1924 posts

Nov 10, 2012

Novus-Cooldown wrote:

I'm happy to go on record again to clear zazzua's name here. This was an issue related to the Amazon server outage, there was no hacking involved, and zazzua had nothing to do with the issue. The problem only lasted a couple of hours and was promptly fixed. No worries!

hey Novus, how about at the very least giving the guy some gold coins as an apology?  Seriously, virtual money won't cost you anything. Just give him a thousand gold for his trouble. That may seem like alot. But he didn't deserve to be targeted for abuse. And it won't cost you any real money. Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 30 (223 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13184 posts

Nov 10, 2012

EdwCarnby wrote:

hax

(incaseyoualreadyreaddevsreplyitsnotactuallyahack)

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Message 17 of 30 (216 Views)
Wastelander
837 posts

Nov 10, 2012

I second that give him some coins.

Message 18 of 30 (212 Views)
Highlighted
Fender Bender
2291 posts

Nov 10, 2012

Hey, Zazzua, I bet you're feeling kinda bad right now, so I thought you might like this little song I stole from Jimmy Buffet...

(pulls out six-string guitar)

Nibblin on sponge cake
Watchin as I make
All of those buildings for the workers to toil
Strummin my six-string
On my front porch swing
Smell those shrimp they're beginnin to boil

Wasting away again in Zazzuarittaville

Hey, that's not the name I gave it, I thought

Some people say that it's a hacker to blame

But I know it's nobody's fault

Message 19 of 30 (191 Views)
Splicer
40 posts

Nov 14, 2012
LOL...that is awesome Kat! Thank you for making me smile!
Message 20 of 30 (120 Views)
0 Likes