Lombax Warrior
171 posts

Re: Please create a ''New CP''

[ Edited ]
Oct 29, 2012

I understand they wanted to revamp Home and give it a new look when adding the new games (which I loved) because of so many of the new rewards. Back on topic, They decided to revise the main scene of Central Plaza, while understandable, many people did actually enjoy the open enviroment that it had, as well as round. It also I recall having the ads tastyfully inserted, maybe a few on the exterior walls, and the occasional station to showcase events or spaces. However the hub seems more to me as a confined space, I know what you're thinking (we've been over this again, in several, several threads), it's just obvious, and seems to have the vertical colomns placed with let's count..3 ads on each It would be nice if they released another default space because I see more leeway towards bring upon a new open ended more realistic scene. 

Again this has all been said before, again and likely will continue to do so..deal with it.

People aren't satisfied and it will continue to be voiced. In all honesty, it's been a while since they released a revamp, and with all the updates, I see them bringing one soon. However in all things that are created on Home, you have to question the motive, what will make Sony, spend countless hours, along with initial funds, for? We all know money. It was refreshing when they added bootleggers, the rc races, the ferris whell at pier park, the sports and action district. If only they would constantly add public spaces to keep us interested. How long has it been since they have released a totally new public space with rewards? 

Message 11 of 58 (256 Views)
Gaming Beast
1961 posts

Oct 29, 2012

ooOHinataOoo wrote:

TSUNADE1224 wrote:

Love the pics Smiley Happy That would make a wonderful space to hang with friends. Im not one of the people that are attached to the old CP but I've always questioned why was it removed. EU and JP still have their CP, so why decide NA should not have one? And what you have right now as CP is no where near to what it used to be or what other regions have.  A space like the one in these pics would be similar to what was there and would make a lot of people happy.  Home is a social community and it would make sense to have a space like this for everyone to hang, share and meet new people Heart

The only Home that still has there Home Plaza is Japan Home. NA, EU, and Asia Home all had there Plazas removed and changed into the Hub. EU only brought back their old Plaza for Halloween.

I prefer the EU Home square before the update. That boardwalk and port version made the NA central plaza look lame.

sword-art-online
Message 12 of 58 (252 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5870 posts

Oct 29, 2012

I agree.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 13 of 58 (240 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
356 posts

Oct 29, 2012

Why specifically do people miss CP? It was a boring space.

Other than nostalgia, or REALLY loving saucer pop. There is no reason to have CP come back.

Message 14 of 58 (232 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11096 posts

Oct 29, 2012

xJeris wrote:

Other than nostalgia, or REALLY loving saucer pop. There is no reason to have CP come back.

Even though CP was before my time, I've often wondered this myself. Perhaps because the Hub sucks? IDK.

I've seen enough pics and video, and it didn't look like all that to me.

JP's Home Square is boring as hell. If NA was to get a makeover, then they should just use the EU one, at least that's a real hub and is easily transformed for certain events.

Message 15 of 58 (222 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
171 posts

Oct 29, 2012

xJeris wrote:

Central Plaza had trees, water, open air. Sure we had the theater and Bowling alley access for fun, as well as a dance place. I like open enviroment with a open sky that feels like a park

Spoiler
What the Hub has, a confined space. It feels bombarded with advertisements everywhere. It feels like a second mall. Do you really enjoy having the exclusives store, the games, clothing, adds everywhere? IT'S IN THE MALL AS WELL. If we wanted to shop we can go there, we don't need the central place showcasing what we already are showcased. I am aware that is the starting point, yes the starting point for ALL newbies, and sony want to make it available for them to purchase. I might go out on a limb here, but say we were all noobs, and we were able to get around just fine if we needed to buy clothing. We don't need it shown to us in every single available space for the sake of advertisement.

(That was a rant).

We have the mall for the stores and shopping and don't need them in the hub IMO. I personally only buy from the Navigator, I do not see a reason to spend time going to each individual store, although some might like it, respectfully I see it as redundant. 

We might not need to bring CP, but I feel a revision would certainly would be nice. 

Message 16 of 58 (216 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5870 posts

Oct 29, 2012

CMCSAVAGE wrote:

Even though CP was before my time, I've often wondered this myself. Perhaps because the Hub sucks? IDK.

I've seen enough pics and video, and it didn't look like all that to me.

JP's Home Square is boring as hell. If NA was to get a makeover, then they should just use the EU one, at least that's a real hub and is easily transformed for certain events.

If you mean the Home Square that EU has now, then no. Their Home Square isn't that good and they just throw everything into that space and make it look cluttery. The old Home Square was better. We should have their old one.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 17 of 58 (214 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2003 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 29, 2012

Could satanic forces be at work with the removal of original CP because now we are being mocked with the Yeti Space which duplicates CP and forces people to stand out in the cold like in a concentration camp remembering what it used to be like and punishing us every day with the memory. This is how sinister forces work their favorite degradation of slow torture as they remove all hope and force you to realize that the Hub is your future grave and you will never experience the paradise that was the original CP.  And for the final touch the sinister forces gave us a chunk of CP as a reward to put in our spaces to forever remind us that our feelings mean nothing and get used to it because your money is all we care about.  This is a cruel world get used to it.  Now in other news Hurricane Sandy has just touched down and destroyed the East Coast.  West coast rules.

Message 18 of 58 (204 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Oct 29, 2012
^abysmal you're awfully cheery today ^_^
Support Forums
Message 19 of 58 (187 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
162 posts

Oct 29, 2012

i personally would not like it if they brought back a Central Plaza...isnt the thing about making a better Home growing and not going back to something that once was?

what i would love to see instead (and i have brought this up in the forums and in suggestions) is a United Nations style park.

a fully dedicated all region space for people from every region server of Home can visit and hang out.

i enjoy when we have the all region spaces, even if the langue thing is a prob at times there are still ways to get around that and enjoy meeting other Home users from all over the world.

Old CP was just as boreing as the Hub and the other core spaces most the time too.

and i for one am not gona cry to bring it back just to stand on a bench...admitt it...that is the main readon most of you really want it back Smiley Tongue

Message 20 of 58 (169 Views)
0 Likes