Reply
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 08/14/2009
Offline
143 posts
 

Re: Please BAN ISE: EDO top 10 prize already hacked...

[ Edited ]
Feb 28, 2013

Loki6669 wrote:

Please stop trolling my thread because you may or may not be frightened of Sony peeking in your wardrobes^^ This thread is for people to speak up on a very valid concern. If you don't like this thread, please leave. I haven't created a myriad threads on the matter... just this one. Now please stop attempting to argue with people fed up with item hacks who post in this thread.

 


Alright, I said my last post would be my last, but clearly people don't understand what I'm saying, so I'm going to very simply explain it. The other reason is the argument I quoted needs to be addressed.

So, my first point. I'm not arguing against the overall point that you're making. I'm arguing with one of your supporting points. If you look earlier in this thread, you can see me respond to two legitimate criticisms that I openly agreed with. Here is what I mean, except I'll cut out some things:

Your thesis: ISE Hackers should be stopped. (Not once did I disagree with this overall point.)

One of your points: If people continue to hack items, prices may go up. (This is a point I have no problem with. I agreed with it earlier.)

 

The general theme of this thread: If people continue to hack items, rewards are less meaningful. (I've been arguing against this the entire time, not because it isn't true, but because the source of this argument is based on you wanting to be special, and it's a childish concept.)

Are we clear on this? Yes? Good.

Now, to respond to the quote: This is a forum. Forums are built for discussion. The entire point of a forum is that one person posts their opinion on something, and other people respond to their opinions. Not because we're "trolling," or to "get your thread locked," but because we legitimately disagreeing with something you said. Nobody on here is free from criticism, which is why I'm responding to you right now. If you're so sensitive that you can't handle that, then don't post anything in the first place. Just because you made a thread doesn't mean you get to choose what people can or can't say in response to it. None of my posts have been off-topic, and they've all been either responding to somebody or making a point of my own.

If you're wrong, I'm going to say you're wrong. That's all there is to it.

Message 91 of 202 (467 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 02/03/2010
Offline
10662 posts
 

Re: Please BAN ISE: EDO top 10 prize already hacked...

Feb 28, 2013

Oh great, King's here. Here we go... Smiley Indifferent

 

 

Seems those that defend ISE are the ones using it. Just saying

New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 92 of 202 (466 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/04/2011
Offline
6276 posts
 

Re: Please BAN ISE: EDO top 10 prize already hacked...

Feb 28, 2013

I have a few things to say about this.

 

To those who went in and grinded since day 1, I do feel bad for you all since you legit earned what you received. However, I'm sure anyone whose been on Home long enough to know about exploits and such saw this coming. Weeks before the 27th, there was talks already of people ISEng the leaderboard items. Yes, I do feel you're entitled to be angry or even upset. Though, you can't say you're surprised because that's just silly to think it wouldn't happen.

 

If you want something done about it, as I've already seen it suggested in a few post earlier on. Contact Kujo himself, not Sony or the mods of the subject. Contact Kujo, let him know about users exploiting his content. Kujo threw a fit the last time exploits were getting used on his stuff, so I'm sure this would be something to throw him over the edge even more.

 

Asking Sony to fix ISE permanently is like waiting for PS plus features to become available for everyone. It's probably not going to happen, though yes ISE has been patched a few times in the past. But, there's always another loop hole and this time ISE isn't even done on a normal PS3 like me and you all mostly play on. So the chances of Sony caring at this point, are very slim. I'd say Sony cares more about users doing the simple glitches on Home than users ISEing. As for people getting banned over ISE, well you tell me...you know anyone getting banned for any ISE they have?

 

Message 93 of 202 (414 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/20/2008
Offline
8666 posts
 

Re: Please BAN ISE: EDO top 10 prize already hacked...

Feb 28, 2013

hellokittyxo wrote:

King0fhearts2007 wrote:

 

Even if there was a rule saying you can't use ISE can any of you give any type of evidence?

 

 Yes, there's a leaderboard that you can look at in Edo that shows the Winners. If someone that isn't in the Top 10 has that bike, it's pretty clear they used ISE to get it.

 

EDIT: If you are a truly against ISE and you see any of the edo rewards. Take a look at the leaderboard and see if the said person that has the item is in the correct placement to receive that item. If not, I'd suggest reporting them.


I don't think you understand what I was saying.  THERE IS NO RULE.  Please tell me what rule you think they are breaking by doing this?

 

Do you see where I'm comeing from yet?  Mod's are just like cops, in other words a cop can not just arrest someone a law needs to be broken first.  So, please show me what rule in Home they are breaking.  If you can't find one then you can report all you like and the Mods will never do anything.

***********************************
Folding@home Team #118000
***********************************
GAPHome

             

               General

Message 94 of 202 (407 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 03/12/2007
Offline
4495 posts
 

Re: Please BAN ISE: EDO top 10 prize already hacked...

Feb 28, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:
I never said it wouldn't be a problem after given I really don't know how it's done and I don't personally care how it's done. I can certainly sympathize with those in the top 10 especially because I know the amount of time they put into it.

Agreed.  When it comes to rewards that are clearly intended to be limited items, they should be just that.  What I don't understand then is why Granzella didn't simply send all the winners single use redemption codes which can not be gotten through any ISE trick.

 

Now maybe they did not want any of the winners to turn around and sell their code (although they earned it, they should be able to do with it what they please)... But even so, they could have also had Sony automatically add the items to their PSN accounts through the store - which also prevents them from being gotten through any ISE trick.  I believe there is even a way for rewards to avoid the ISE tricks that does not involve using a code or PSN store.

 

So the question is if Granzella and other developers care about maintaining the rarity of these rewards, why did they not chose a different way of giving the rewards?  

 

Is there something Sony has done that now prevents them from doing that?

 

 

That said, there really are MUCH bigger problems with Home than ISE and users getting rewards through alternative means.  If Home shuts down for good, it wont matter who has what items... They will all be nothing but memories.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...


"Like it never happened"


- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 95 of 202 (399 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 05/24/2010
Offline
574 posts
 

Re: Please BAN ISE: EDO top 10 prize already hacked...

[ Edited ]
Feb 28, 2013

Seriously, this ISE stuff needs to stop. I like to earn my rewards PROPERLY, not hack it. Smiley Mad Besides, these people need to be BANNED! I actually fought for the items, like everyone else. If I can't win it, then that's that. 

 photo TheRobsSignature_zps7f0db83c.jpg
Thanks to KANE-FIRE for the sig. Smiley Tongue
Message 96 of 202 (369 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/20/2008
Offline
8666 posts
 

Re: Please BAN ISE: EDO top 10 prize already hacked...

Feb 28, 2013

a1557851 wrote:
Doesn't that also apply to jailbreaking and hacking of the PSN? Was there any rules? Did it interfere game play (while it was online)? 

To tell the truth I'm very unclear on this one.  I know the ISE exploit can be done in manys and I know that some of these ways you don't have to jailbreak your PS3.  This is why the ISE is still a problem today Sony only fixed one of the ways it could be done.

 

If thery did Jailbreak and I'm not saying that I'm right I don't have all the facts but I don't think jailbreaking is breaking any rule.  It's frowned upon by Sony but they don't realy have much they can do about it (legally) as long as you own your PS3.  Now again I could be wrong on this but have you ever seen anyone banned from Sony for doing this?  Have you ever read on the internet of this happening?

***********************************
Folding@home Team #118000
***********************************
GAPHome

             

               General

Message 97 of 202 (357 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 08/08/2011
Offline
1649 posts
 

Re: Please BAN ISE: EDO top 10 prize already hacked...

[ Edited ]
Feb 28, 2013

Just ignore the trolls. If the thread turns into a flamefest, it's gonna be locked.

 

And I agree, the best solution is to contact Granzella themselves. They could maybe pressure Sony into doing something about it.

Message 98 of 202 (345 Views)
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 10/01/2009
Offline
5310 posts
 

Re: Please BAN ISE: EDO top 10 prize already hacked...

Feb 28, 2013

There's no reason for ISE to even exist. Here's the two-minute fix:

 

Every item in home has a unique back-end code. Attach the code for the Top 10 items, and only those 10 items, to a lookup table that identifies the 10 users who legitimately have them.

 

During the content verification process, set a red flag on the Tiger Bike Locomotion that triggers the lookup table. If the PSN ID with the item is not one of the 10 known winners, automatically disconnect the user and flag the account for moderation. Ban the user or remove all ISE items.

 

Since ISE hackers tend to steal everything, you're going to catch a lot of people this way. Since the lookup table only has 10 names in it, the extra login time shouldn't even be noticable. Maybe a second on a very taxed server.

 

This is a fantastic honeypot if Sony uses it properly. If they don't, it shows that they don't care at all about ISE exploits. If I were a third party developer, I'd demand a system like this be put in place, or I'd stop offering merit-based rewards altogether. As someone correctly pointed out, purchases were needed to participate in this event, which means Granzella lost out on revenue from people who decided to simply steal the rewards. That's a hit on their bottom line, and that's not good business.

Follow me on Twitter:
twitter.com/hearitwow

Watch past episodes:
HomeCast at HomeStation Magazine

Message 99 of 202 (450 Views)
Survivor
Registered: 07/25/2010
Offline
1691 posts
 

Re: Please BAN ISE: EDO top 10 prize already hacked...

Feb 28, 2013

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

If thery did Jailbreak and I'm not saying that I'm right I don't have all the facts but I don't think jailbreaking is breaking any rule


King, you don't think ANYTHING is breaking the rules. You have absolutely no moral code. None whatsoever. 

Message 100 of 202 (395 Views)