Uncharted Territory
1362 posts

Re: Plaza is fixed!

May 7, 2010

I noticed this, too. Yesterday, two of my friends were in CP and I debated on if I wanted to try my luck with getting in there. I ended up making the decision to go there and had no freeze up issues. However, the server was rather empty looking and I thought that was probably why I got in with no problems, but maybe that wasn't the case. I will have to go back there, today, and see what happens.

The only thing I noticed that was acting up, while I was in CP yesterday, was my wardrobe seemed to lag a lot. Otherwise I had no other problems.

And the Angel of the Lord came unto me, snatching me up from my place of slumber. And took me on high, and higher still until we moved to the spaces betwixt the air itself. And he brought me into a vast farmlands of our own midwest. And as we descended, cries of impending doom rose from the soil. One thousand, nay a million voices full of fear. And terror possessed me then. And I begged, "Angel of the Lord, what are these tortured screams?" And the angel said unto me, "These are the cries of the carrots, the cries of the carrots!“
Message 11 of 21 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
6846 posts

May 7, 2010

Well from what I understand, the reason it froze like it did was because it was one of the most stressing of spaces in Home (resource-wise). So while it's trying to load all sorts of things, you enter and you're also trying to load YOUR things.

When you opened your PDA it was even worse as it tried to load EVERYTHING. One of the worst was the clubs, as when you open your PDA it tried to load the clubs. I had found that when I only had 2 clubs I never froze in the CP. Then I was in all 5 clubs and couldn't even enter without freezing instantly. If I was lucky I'd last till I tried opening my PDA after everything loaded. Still froze though.

Then I did a test . . . and got rid of all but two of my clubs, and I wasn't freezing anymore. So it was simply a stress on the servers with all the loading that was trying to be done all at once.

"I want to fly, into the sky
Turn my back on this whole world and leave it all behind
This place is not my home. It's got nothing for me
Only leaves me with emptiness And tears in my eyes"

PSMVP: Motivated. Vigilant. Passionate.
Message 12 of 21 (3 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5132 posts

May 7, 2010

I Bet The Rain Took A Load Off .. Lol

Message 13 of 21 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2254 posts

May 7, 2010

Am hoping beyond hope that CP is truly repaired, as it is THE BEST space in Home for congregating and meeting new faces.

Shall give it a go this evening

GISignature
Message 14 of 21 (3 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1266 posts

May 7, 2010

From a noob point of view, when you aren't fully aware of the navigator being in your pda. That map

allowed for you to get to other worlds (and then become stuck until you learned about the navigator)

Makes me wonder have they updated the totorial yet?

Perish_Song
Message 15 of 21 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
357 posts

May 7, 2010

Glad to hear they fixed CP. Now i can go there without freezing and such. But yeah, glad to hear the good news.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 16 of 21 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4841 posts

May 7, 2010

I never had a issue with the plaza, The only time it was a little laggy is when they added the rain but wasn't to bad..

♣♦

The Realm Of AnarchY

♠♥
Message 17 of 21 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
127 posts

May 7, 2010

I froze going to plaza just a few days ago...but its DEFINITELY better than it was.

Message 18 of 21 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5806 posts

May 7, 2010

I never really froze in Lag Central, but I suppose I'll check out Lag Central later on and see it how it is.

The Flying Grayson, Nightwing, Robin, They were about more than fight moves. They were about inspiration, comfort, trust, family. I gave that up to become a spy. a Spider man; A Tsuchigumo. I have changed.
But I'll Always be D. Grayson

N52 Grayson 6

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 19 of 21 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1563 posts

May 7, 2010
They should put a gravestone where the Map Screen used to be and say "In remembrance of the Map Screen and all the crashed users it has fallen"
Message 20 of 21 (3 Views)
0 Likes