Highlighted
May 22 2012
By: Chain_Bad_Dj First Son 21 posts

Playstation home HDD CACHE

6 replies 711 views Edited May 22, 2012

Can someone please help me? I have Booted from PSH. Now it is saying Theres a problem in the HDD clache. I have waited for hours for it to repair. Even a whole night. And when I press the PS button it wont load the screen for that. Someone please help. I have to attend a party I have been waitig for. I really dont want to miss it. Please I beg all of you.

Message 1 of 7 (711 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28374 posts

Re: Playstation home HDD CACHE

May 23, 2012

This forum is for discussing suggestions. You might want to post your issue in PlayStation®Home Support.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 2 of 7 (711 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

May 23, 2012

Chain_Bad_Dj wrote:

Can someone please help me? I have Booted from PSH. Now it is saying Theres a problem in the HDD clache. I have waited for hours for it to repair. Even a whole night. And when I press the PS button it wont load the screen for that. Someone please help. I have to attend a party I have been waitig for. I really dont want to miss it. Please I beg all of you.

You might want to hold down the power on button until the machine turns off and then restart your PS3 and try cache rebuild again when booting Home. I know forced cache rebuilding always makes me nervous.

Message 3 of 7 (711 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
682 posts

May 23, 2012

Don't put up with that kind of crap. Just delete Home and re-download. I was following diagnostic steps and had hit "clear cache" to try and resolve F13 issues. It ran forever. I finally mashed down the PS button, turned off home (it actually was stuck so hard, it rebooted the PS3 and sent a report (dirty flag on startup)), then deleted home and re-downloaded. That forced a new cache (empty of course) and then I was off to the races. It sounds like the cache cleanup was a fail for you (overnight!?!), probably faster to follow my method.

Message 4 of 7 (711 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

May 23, 2012

I'm with Radix on this. Delete Home and reinstall. That should clear out whatever's hanging the cache.

Follow me on Twitter:
twitter.com/hearitwow

Watch past episodes:
HomeCast at HomeStation Magazine

Message 5 of 7 (711 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1401 posts

May 23, 2012

true fact:

delete / reinstall

I was afraid my first time, but you will not lose any of your items or spaces..

Good Luck ^^

Message 6 of 7 (711 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1940 posts

May 23, 2012

If you frequently have to manually shut off the system, you may want to perform system maintenance.. Here's a link to explain how.. How you get everything fixed up..

http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/4691299

The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear...

Message 7 of 7 (711 Views)
0 Likes