Fender Bender
3241 posts

Re: Playstation Plus friends.!

Jan 24, 2013

LOL...I sure see this repetitive sales pitch of how advantageous PS Plus is.

Yet not one person mentioned the fact that once you purchase a membership, any games you download after purchase... forces you to continue staying a plus member or risk losing the game after your membership ends.

In other words you never truly OWN the game if its a FREE PS+ download. You're merely leasing the right to have said content on your console until your membership expires or is terminated.

On the flip side of that coin is...prices are marked down on game titles...but again, you are merely leasing them.

You can purchase games without having to be a PS+ Plus member and the content is yours without additional payment after download.

So the bottom line is their is no signifigant advantage because there is no lease to own option

Message 21 of 23 (83 Views)
Uncharted Territory
982 posts

Jan 24, 2013

Yea all the free games you download get taken away if you cancel your subscription, but there is still an advantage, any game you buy at the PS+ discount is yours to keep forever, also someone said any theme or avatar you buy or get free thru PS+ is yours forever but I can't confirm that 1,.. I just wish the discounts extended into Home & the Video portion of the store.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 22 of 23 (74 Views)
703 posts

Jan 24, 2013

artform-fazeone wrote:
There's plenty of benefits to being a Playstation Plus member.

For example » picture Playstation Plus like blockbuster video club.!

And, let's be honest.  The greatest benefit to being a Playstation Plus member is to be your friend.

RockStar owes me AWP!!
Message 23 of 23 (70 Views)