Highlighted
May 28 2013
By: Cursed_Plague Lombax Warrior 122 posts

Playstation Homes New Generation.

9 replies 263 views Edited May 28, 2013
So, recently I decided to conduct a test by joining a "fam" on play station home to see what all the fuss was about, as far as positive views, and negative alike. What I came to see realize was, the fams or gangs (call them whatever) are all about going into random servers and "posting up" as they like to call it, I assume to show dominance. And I won't lie, I TRIED very hard to get along with these people and attempt to befriend them, but literally the only times they would even see each other or me was whenever someone got into an argument on a server and wanted back up so they would invite all of us to fight their battles for them. We were basically to be used and treated like mindless virtual keyboard soldiers. for the purpose of serving the leader of the fam I've spoken maybe 5 words to. This is the experience I've had with more recent ones. I remember being in normal clubs and such with friendly people, but home is now riddled with mindless followers of these virtual empires of ignorance.

What are your views on how home has changed an expanded over the years?
Message 1 of 10 (263 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4410 posts

Re: Playstation Homes New Generation.

May 28, 2013
We have the same avatar Smiley Happy yay.
Seriously? I feel like every other 3d world I've hung out in PS Home feeds off of the need to feel wanted and special and less empty in order to market it's goods to us. It started off being a unique spin on 3d chat apps and has since become just like all the others only in a different flavor. That's fine though, I quite like lemon and lime flavor Smiley Very Happy SecondLife is chocolate poo flavor.
Kudos to you for attempting to hang with the fams to understand them. Don't blame you for jumping ship. Smiley Happy

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

@conrad_max

Message 2 of 10 (255 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
65 posts

May 28, 2013
Hmm I'm actually new to home, like 4-5months new, was on another site that had this issue as well. Although, there are these issues I still enjoy being on home. I got to admit though, I do wish I had joined home at an earlier time...seems like I missed out on some good items and places.
Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened-Anatole France
Message 3 of 10 (247 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4550 posts

May 28, 2013

YES! I agree with this 100%

Cursed_Plague wrote:
So, recently I decided to conduct a test by joining a "fam" on play station home to see what all the fuss was about, as far as positive views, and negative alike. What I came to see realize was, the fams or gangs (call them whatever) are all about going into random servers and "posting up" as they like to call it, I assume to show dominance. And I won't lie, I TRIED very hard to get along with these people and attempt to befriend them, but literally the only times they would even see each other or me was whenever someone got into an argument on a server and wanted back up so they would invite all of us to fight their battles for them. We were basically to be used and treated like mindless virtual keyboard soldiers. for the purpose of serving the leader of the fam I've spoken maybe 5 words to. This is the experience I've had with more recent ones. I remember being in normal clubs and such with friendly people, but home is now riddled with mindless followers of these virtual empires of ignorance.

What are your views on how home has changed an expanded over the years?

<

photo evolve_zps9e0e8f3e.jpg

Welcoming Committee   

Message 4 of 10 (246 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
819 posts

May 28, 2013
In my opinion fams have significantly gone away for the most part...y'all that have just got here should have seen it in the beginning...like cp or the old mall. It was like every space had like 5 mafia themed fams. It was a good bit of fun Smiley Happy

I think people that are new have some kind of romantic idea of what home was in the before times..but it was lot worse than it is now. Most of the abrasive people have lost interest in it and have moved on.

But lets keep it real. Even tho people may not be in a fam it doesn't make them any less mean spirited or hostile. Some of the meanest people can "post up" and hold their ground all by themselves.
Message 5 of 10 (213 Views)
Lombax Warrior
122 posts

May 28, 2013
Ive been using home for 3 years and in my experience they havent Died off, they just now inhabit certain areas. There are still places filled with them like the playground and that glittering sands place.
Message 6 of 10 (194 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
5950 posts

[ Edited ]
May 28, 2013

I view Fams like left over land mines from a past war. If left undisturbed they are inert  and pretty much harmless. If tampered with they tend to detonate and explode. Now of course not all Fams are volatile but some are obnoxiously so. Home has always had obnoxious and volatile people and I don't see things really  ever changing. Just my opinion.Woman Happy

=+=Irresponsible kids are raised by irresponsible parents who were once irresponsible kids themselves.The vicious cycle continues.=+=[/IMG]
Message 7 of 10 (172 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4533 posts

May 28, 2013

I think i'd fit in a fam pretty well, while "posting up" since all they do is stand there i'd be on my Vita havin fun playin games lol

PlayStation HCV/MVP 2011-2016
facebook.com/gamer316
Message 8 of 10 (152 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1126 posts

[ Edited ]
May 28, 2013

lauranichole25 wrote:
In my opinion fams have significantly gone away for the most part...y'all that have just got here should have seen it in the beginning...like cp or the old mall. It was like every space had like 5 mafia themed fams. It was a good bit of fun Smiley Happy

I think people that are new have some kind of romantic idea of what home was in the before times..but it was lot worse than it is now. Most of the abrasive people have lost interest in it and have moved on.

But lets keep it real. Even tho people may not be in a fam it doesn't make them any less mean spirited or hostile. Some of the meanest people can "post up" and hold their ground all by themselves.
hi i total agree with you it was alot worest when i started back in dec 11 2008 and it alot better now. the first five month i joined  dec 11 and for five month had no friends on home and was buiiled trolled and threaken almost every hour. until april i met my best friend on here and he changed my trought forever. We all can do our part to make new people feel welcome on home and keep coming back but it up to us to do it. I just hope nobody has to go through what i did when i started home but it up to us and others  to change it . Here is my advice to new people on home stay away from family on home most of them are no good and like to start drama and get themself introuble and will get you introuble too. clubs on here are great and most are drama free.

Message 9 of 10 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
430 posts

May 28, 2013

I did give a Fam.a try few months ago & felt it was a lot of drama & pour organization, even if I wrote the handbook manual of rules & regulations thinking will help making strong foundation... I was wrong !

Everyone like the work i put into those documents but no 1 really follow it.

Something else was a disappointment , the 1st. Meeting i attempt was not only boring but such a waist of time

I was very excited to bring some new fresh ideas which was never discussed

what we did is to stand there for over a hour long 

Message 10 of 10 (122 Views)
0 Likes