Treasure Hunter
5092 posts

Re: Playstation Home "dating"

Feb 17, 2012

hyperkane wrote:

The Guild - Do You Wanna Date My Avatar?

The redhead is pretty hot. Do you know his/her PSN ID? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hypercane
- (super hurricane) - "...a system up to the size of N. America"        /\_/\

*** First EA Sports Black Table - Diamond Bracelet Winner ***                     (='.'=)

Please don't quote me. Especially when I'm wrong. ~Kane                        (")(")~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have no idea what I just stumbled into, but "The Guild" seems to be some sort of ongoing series. You can check it out on YouTube. And her real life name is Felicia Day. Go get her, tiger! lol

Message 61 of 106 (299 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
200 posts

Feb 17, 2012

LEVlROTH wrote:

Why is it any of your concern how someone goes about dating another? Just because you live somewhere, that doesn't mean you're limited to only people there.

I had a bad experience with it once before. So i just thought itd make a good topic. So far its pretty awesome hahaha

The concept of hope is nothing more than giving up. A word that holds no true meaning.
Message 62 of 106 (299 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2557 posts

Feb 17, 2012

HearItWow wrote:

No, no, no, Brises. This is America. If someone doesn't like something, we have to ban it.

Follow me on Twitter:Watch past episodes:
twitter.com/hearitwowYouTube.com/hearitwow

I'm reminded of when I was new to home, and I spent probably my first three days wandering around aimlessly watching the strange things people were doing around me. Some of it probably violated the TOS, some of it did not. Most of it seemed kinda immature. And yes I saw some things that I didn't agree with. But then I was hit by a revelation of startling proportions...

Home was not created specifically for me.

What that meant is that when a variety of people get together in the same circumstance, whether it be in a virtual community or real life, they do not all have to be in agreement. And I do not have the right to have my experience of my surroundings to be tailored to exactly what I would like it to be. That being said... If I see something that bothers me in a virtual area that I do not own, I have the freedom to do something else. That's the only real right I have.

Message 63 of 106 (299 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
122 posts

Feb 17, 2012

XenothXIII wrote:

LEVlROTH wrote:

Why is it any of your concern how someone goes about dating another? Just because you live somewhere, that doesn't mean you're limited to only people there.

I had a bad experience with it once before. So i just thought itd make a good topic. So far its pretty awesome hahaha

If a stove burns you once, will you never use it again?

It's not for everyone, as can be said for just about anything else. It's akin to back in the day when people started dating outside of their tribes/villages. People thought it was strange then too.

Message 64 of 106 (299 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1550 posts

Feb 17, 2012

I don't know how many of you read the linked thead I posted. Some people on Home just go about their business.

Not expecting to find some one that fits. As for me and cali, we just happened to see each other playing poker,

Every evening, And started playing together. Chatting the whole time.

From my experience as a human a freindly conversation goes a long way. Weather it's online or in RL.

We ended up talkin in person alot, But lived 2500 miles away. Home was our place to meet up, And some nights

were date nights. We would either try and get on the same table in EA poker, or go to sing star for a lil dancing.

Some times we would just hang out at one of our spaces.

me&cassie 010.jpg

BannerFans.com
Message 65 of 106 (299 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
200 posts

Feb 17, 2012

LEVlROTH wrote:

It's not for everyone, as can be said for just about anything else. It's akin to back in the day when people started dating outside of their tribes/villages. People thought it was strange then too.

People "dated" back then? i thought it was like, "your pretty lets get married!"

The concept of hope is nothing more than giving up. A word that holds no true meaning.
Message 66 of 106 (299 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2557 posts

Feb 17, 2012

XenothXIII wrote:

LEVlROTH wrote:

People "dated" back then? i thought it was like, "your pretty lets get married!"

Nah. It was like... "Me want woman! BONK!"

Message 67 of 106 (299 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2291 posts

Feb 17, 2012

Brises_0000 wrote:

XenothXIII wrote:

LEVlROTH wrote:

It's akin to back in the day when people started dating outside of their tribes/villages. People thought it was strange then too.

Nah. It was like... "Me want woman! BONK!"

If I had a nickle every time I heard that line.

Message 68 of 106 (299 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
210 posts

Feb 17, 2012

I've recently changed my position about dating online. One thing that struck me was people kept saying the same thing. The person is actually in the same place at the same time. So a physical relationship is only whats considered dating? To me thats a red flag. Keep in mind all this is coming from a guy lol. If a relationship is all about getting some then that person has a serious problem. Relationships for me are based on the person and what they are like. It's better to be  with an unattractive person thats nice, has a since of humor, and is fun to be around. Than to be with an attractive, very unplesant person, rude, and inconsiderate.

The Phantom Was Here. Did you see him?
Message 69 of 106 (298 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
26 posts

Feb 17, 2012

She got raped by a guy, that's why i say Pregnant, use your head.

Message 70 of 106 (298 Views)
0 Likes