Lombax Warrior
257 posts

Re: Playstation Home "dating"

Feb 15, 2012

Its kinda like Long Distance relationship if they are doing it that way, its a form to communicate with one another, probably the better way too.

Photobucket
Playstation Rewards Tester / G.A.P. Member / 3G PS Vita Owner / PS3 Slim Owner
Message 21 of 106 (343 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28197 posts

Feb 15, 2012

The word "bad"is an opinion. Some people might disagree with the use of that word. And some will agree.

Just like most relationships in real life, before we date we tease. We tease each other and "test the waters". That is what was happening for a few folks when Home first went public.

And this is the internet. And Sony's little corner of it. Like it or not, this type of thing goes on in many social internet communities. Some people who meet everyday become friends, some become lovers. Groups of friends have met in real life and others choose to keep the number down to two.

Though many become friends, some have become enemies. Oh well. We can't win them all.

Most times people don't meet. And many times the internet relationships people have formed only last a short while. Yet some last a long time...

But if it isn't an issue with SCEA, then it's not an issue with me.

The best we can do as observers, and I'm assuming that is what you/we are, is to answer questions without being opinionated. Give advice if we feel up to it when asked. But if no one is causing an issue that is in violation of the Terms, simply move on and chuckle to ourselves, "Kids!" or "This is todays internet. Who would have imagined this when it was first proposed?"

Take care and have fun. I have more fun and important things to do myself, than to sit here and discuss someone else's life(style).

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 22 of 106 (343 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28197 posts

Feb 15, 2012

El_Santo21 wrote:

I just think this is weird. Even though it is technically a social networking "thing" Home is becoming or at least some people are trying to make it a 2nd Life..

It's always been that way since the beginning of the internet. And it's nothing new for Home. And it's not a new topic that has never been discussed here. There are quite a few threads... And in a few months, someone else will start a discussion on this. Heck, in ten years, someone will still find it amazing that two people can meet and date in Home...

What people do in Home is up to them. As long as they are behaving and minding their own business, and not violating the ToS, let them go on. There are more fun things to do in Home than talking about other people. And that is true for this forum, too.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 23 of 106 (343 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6847 posts

Feb 15, 2012

Personally, I wouldn't do it. I don't think it's weird or anything, but maybe it's because I value real human interaction and relationships. Maybe that has something to do with it, I don't know. Although if you're into that type of thing, more power to you.

Message 24 of 106 (343 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
223 posts

Feb 15, 2012

It's interesting how opinions have changed in the forums.  A couple of years ago when I first got on here, it was like "Home isn't match.com", or "if you come on to Home to find someone or date someone, you've come to the wrong place", etc, etc.  Now its, to each his own, or even encouraged and promoted as seen by the content update by Home's developers.  Interesting indeed.

Message 25 of 106 (343 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
26 posts

Feb 15, 2012

Hi   Same, i don't trust on Dating on internet, even on Match.com what happened there, she got pregnant by a freak and other hand, it's better find someone out public instead of internet. Even on PSHome are alot of fakers and drama. For me, i don't trust anybody, unless it's my family in real life and people you know in real life, not by internet though.

Message 26 of 106 (342 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4392 posts

Feb 15, 2012

kikaider0101 wrote:

It's interesting how opinions have changed in the forums.  A couple of years ago when I first got on here, it was like "Home isn't match.com", or "if you come on to Home to find someone or date someone, you've come to the wrong place", etc, etc.  Now its, to each his own, or even encouraged and promoted as seen by the content update by Home's developers.  Interesting indeed.

Yes.

More interesting is that some of those people who back then said "Home isn't match.com" are in this thread now saying, "to each his own".

Be One With The Game.

Message 27 of 106 (342 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
281 posts

Feb 15, 2012

Huh? I'm rather confused about someone getting pregnant on match.com by a freak and a hand,could you clarify please?

Vae Victis
Message 28 of 106 (341 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

Feb 15, 2012

As our community writes post about this topic, we cant just sit here and dwell. Please read my post to find out some information and find some ways of improving this topic. This comment is not a rant, as its just a comment to be more aware of the people (Including Adults) should be aware this is NOT tolerable.

Regards,

- Cronizone

Message 29 of 106 (341 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4834 posts

Feb 15, 2012

I date my ipad. 

Message 30 of 106 (341 Views)
0 Likes