Dec 20 2013
By: bestscreenname Treasure Hunter 3279 posts

Playstation Home: What it could have been....

6 replies 324 views Edited Dec 20, 2013

I just wanted to share something with you guys real fast.  Some of you might have caught a small glimpse of this already and I know a lot of you are aware of Home's roots but I wanted to share this image here for those that haven't seen it or have been genuinely curious as to what the original idea of our Home actually looked like.

This is what Home as we know it could have been...

NV_Home5th.png

Nothing more than a single room multi-player lobby that probably would've fizzled out of existence in less than six months time.  Personally I'm glad they scrapped this idea and let Home evolve into what it is today.  It might have it's problems, but it sure has come a long way and has a ton of potential.  Hopefully we'll have a chance to celebrate another 5 years.

Thanks to Mia_Wall for providing the image.

photo rsz_pshomeless1_zpst3ouqfpg.png
Message 1 of 7 (324 Views)
Fender Bender
2003 posts

Re: Playstation Home: What it could have been....

Dec 20, 2013

bestscreenname wrote:

I just wanted to share something with you guys real fast.  Some of you might have caught a small glimpse of this already and I know a lot of you are aware of Home's roots but I wanted to share this image here for those that haven't seen it or have been genuinely curious as to what the original idea of our Home actually looked like.

NV_Home5th.png

Nothing more than a single room multi-player lobby that probably would've fizzled out of existence in less than six months time.  Personally I'm glad they scrapped this idea and let Home evolve into what it is today.  It might have it's problems, but it sure has come a long way and has a ton of potential.  Hopefully we'll have a chance to celebrate another 5 years.

I see they used asterisks then.  Some things never change.

Message 2 of 7 (300 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

Dec 20, 2013

We could've had battenburg cake??!

What's battenburg cake?

Message 3 of 7 (289 Views)
Fender Bender
2003 posts

Dec 20, 2013

myalana wrote:

What's battenburg cake?

That's something Germans eat on Battenburg Day.

Message 4 of 7 (282 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6228 posts

Dec 20, 2013

myalana wrote:

What's battenburg cake?

Very tasty

cake.jpg

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 5 of 7 (261 Views)
Last Guardian
9266 posts

Dec 21, 2013
384844_254145931306650_477032186_n.jpg
bestscreenname wrote:

NV_Home5th.png

Yes I agree with your statement. I have me so many wounderful folks thanks to ps home. In real life it would have taken years to compile such a friends list. But thanks to the internet and home you can meet folks from all over the world and enjoy there cultures.

Message 6 of 7 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3270 posts

Dec 21, 2013

I would love to have more major games (and less major) contents as anyone else. But I too think Home needed to be more than a gamer lounge to succeed. In it's current state it have as much potential for that as the early version of Windows had as graphic interface.

With the PS4 based on more standard architecture I think there is a good chance of a "Home 2.0" acheiving this.

A good part of Home sucess is not being tied to one concept. It's a multivers where pretty much everyone can find something he/she like.

Freedom is not the power to say no.
Real freedom is the power to say yes.

6EQUJ5 Do you copy?

co-founder
The Black Hat Squad/Black Hat Squadron/Novus Black Hats
Novus international elite force
Black Hats website
Black Hats on Facebook
Message 7 of 7 (149 Views)
0 Likes