Message 31 of 63 (230 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Survivor
1454 posts

Re: Playstation Home: Dating site???

Jun 24, 2013

YogoGamer wrote:

But it's a different story if someone randomly runs up a pms you "hi bb Smiley Happy" now isn't it? it's sad females have to use a male avi to stop people from sending nude pics to their inbox, btw i hope your post was of a sarcastic nature.

Nude pics?  Offenses don't get much worse than that.  When this happens, go to the message in question on your XMB and hit triangle without opening the message (back out if you're in it).  Scroll down to "Grief Report".  File the report and get another  perv off Home.  No one should be getting pics like that.  Makes you wonder how many little kids the perv's done that to.

I was a default female avi once, playing a joke on a friend.  While running around CP I got one of those messages, asking if I'd watch some dude do something to himself for his birthday.  I exited Home and immediately forwarded the message Sony.  I then informed the offender of what I'd done and who I was and that he would soon be permabanned.  He begged me not to report him and apologized and blamed stress.  I blocked him, deleted his messages, and never saw him again.

On a more humorous note, I'd sometimes bring out my female avi to have a litle fun, usually standing on the bench in CP.  Granted, she is smoking hot, but read my name.  These utter morons would hit on me.  What a blast we'd have tearing them up educating them about who might be behind the avi they think is so hot.   Smiley Happy  Dean

P.S.  You owe me a cookie.

Posted Image
Message 32 of 63 (227 Views)
Fender Bender
3270 posts

Jun 24, 2013

Brises_0000 wrote:

Dr_Do-Little wrote:

Brises_0000 wrote:

Most of these guys are teenagers, and teenage boys are often awkward in real life when it comes to talking to girls. Yet their bodies are producing massive amounts of testosterone which compels them to go after girls. And in a virtual community, it's a no-risk scenario for them to try. But also, most of them don't seem to realism that what you see is NOT what you get. These avatars are basically game characters developed by Sony and 3rd party devs to look a certain way. And I would guess that only a small percentage actually resemble the actual user. So when someone comes up and without even saying "Hello", asks a female avatar to be his gf, he obviously has no interest in who the real person is, and is only reacting to the avatar.

This is the brain on testosterone. Keep out of reach of children.

I agree most of them must be teenagers. But the "need to go after girl/woman" don't stop at 19yo, believe me Smiley Wink All kidding aside I knwn a cpl 50 yo on home acting close to that. 

Never understood why. When I tried to talk about it I always get the same answer. : It's the internet, better get used to it...

Well, Don't work for me. There must be a better way to deal with it than reports. Exactly what? I don't know. I don't run the show. Smiley Wink

Right now the only option is to ignore random Avi doing it and don't judge people developing long term relation.

Agreed, but the older a man gets the more control he has over his behavior, and he uses his brain more. I have a number of male friends on home in their 20s, and they don't chase female avatars like trolls. They are respectful and don't assume that a female avatar = a female in real life. It's just a maturing process.

Right!  

Maybe my reply was a bit "off-topic" . The "50 yo" I was referring too don't act like our usual "run by girlfriend request" Much more subtile... and using their brain. In a bad way.

I occasionally used female Avi, just for fun or in one of our theme day, OH MY! What you girls have to deal with!!! Got a phone number within 5 min!  Kudos to all of you!

Freedom is not the power to say no.
Real freedom is the power to say yes.

6EQUJ5 Do you copy?

co-founder
The Black Hat Squad/Black Hat Squadron/Novus Black Hats
Novus international elite force
Black Hats website
Black Hats on Facebook
Message 33 of 63 (221 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
183 posts

Jun 24, 2013
I do think its funny.... Kinda cute too,LoL! The only thing that really annoyed me about the whole flirting thing, were the blind friend request and vulgar messages. Thanks to my buddy Pinky247 for helping me put a stop to that at least!!! No more having to clear my inbox, thanks to learning those privacy settings existed😄😄😄😄
Message 34 of 63 (210 Views)
Lombax Warrior
143 posts

Jun 24, 2013
Thanks for the info! Here's your cookie!

“I might have laughed, if I had remembered how".– Max Payne
Message 35 of 63 (200 Views)
Fender Bender
2003 posts

Jun 24, 2013

Both sexes are ultimately loyal to their own kind.  Never can you completely trust a member of your opposite kind.  Thus we have since the beginning of mankind {womankind} the "war between the sexes".  Since we live on a carnivorous planet "war without end" is our sad fate on a "doomed planet".  If you doubt me listen to obscure metal band "CIRITH UNGOL"  and their record  "ONE FOOT IN HELL"

Message 36 of 63 (197 Views)
Lombax Warrior
143 posts

Jun 24, 2013
What does this have to do with anything?.....uhh random preaching -_-

Message 37 of 63 (190 Views)
MVP Support
3821 posts

Jun 24, 2013

Hiya Yogo,

Yes it can be hard at times.  The Private messages can be disabled in your Options menu.  If you're worried about friends getting a hold of you, you can always make a club house and use that channel and/or make a group chat.  Go to your chat log settings to disable the chat.

Bambi-01us
Message 38 of 63 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
143 posts

Jun 24, 2013
Thanks for your help Bambi!!

Message 39 of 63 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4834 posts

Jun 24, 2013

YogoGamer wrote:

All right peeps, just wanted to talk about this since this has been happening since launch day, Why do people on home see s female avi and get too excited? I could go to the hub and get thirty pms saying: hi babe Smiley Happy wanna date?, Also this happens as soon as youre spotted, now being a female in real life, i find it annoying to have to use a male avi on home just to stop the creepers, however, I will say, I have nothing against people who date and have "cyber sex" on home, but I don't like doing it myself, yet i have to deal with it plus the ignore feature hardly ever works, but, I want to hear YOUR opinion on this, If you read that and managed to put up with my whining, Ill bake you a fresh interweb cookie Smiley Tongue

It's not just bored 14 year olds and summer months, but you have to admit the swarms get thicker when it's hot outside.   Smiley Tongue

Forgive me if I don't read the rest of this thread as I have heard it all before.   Cookie please.   Smiley Happy

Message 40 of 63 (147 Views)
0 Likes