Mar 09 2012
By: XenothXIII Lombax Warrior 200 posts

Playstation Home Crossdressers

47 replies 1396 views Edited Mar 9, 2012

Guys dressing up as women is weird, and women dresing as guys is also weird sometimes. I hate it when guys do it on PS Home, its just creepy. There should be a permenent gender selection or some kind of measurement to stop this. Guys pretending to be girls can mean one of three things.

1. He's trolling the crap outa people

2. He's gay or planning on getting a sex change

3. He's a creeper

My best bet is 3 he's a creeper and wants to do what creepers do best. How can we really be sure a guy is a guy and a girl is a girl? Can we please do something to root out the creepers better?

P.S. I'm not complaining about girls posing as guys for obvious reasons. Please post feedback and thoughts!

The concept of hope is nothing more than giving up. A word that holds no true meaning.
Message 1 of 48 (1,396 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3915 posts

Re: Playstation Home Trannies

Mar 9, 2012

I'm a guy, and I use a female avatar more than I do a male one. Mainly because the female clothes are better, in my opinion. But I'm not pretending to be a female. I tell people straight out I'm a male, and they're generally fine with it, despite some ignorant people.

I have no problem with guys/girls wearing their opposite gender as long as they aren't doing it to cause trouble. There shouldn't be any kind of "gender lock" or whatever. As long as they aren't breaking the ToS, what's it matter to you?

Calling people that switch genders "trannies" is really ignorant, by the way.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 2 of 48 (1,396 Views)
Wastelander
568 posts

Mar 9, 2012

i think he is only mad because he has hit on too many female avatars that were actually men.

but i also started using a female avatar because i enjoy making costumes and started making female ones, most of my lady friends on home actually like it becasue it gives them ideas. also i like bugging the guys that try to molest or date female avatars.

Message 3 of 48 (1,396 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1947 posts

Mar 9, 2012

Hmm... 'gaming community' Burly heroes in nothing but loincloths, buxom women in bikinis and leather, japanese pop icons of both genders, gods of both sexes... Seems games have alot of gender uses, but is it an issue when your main character isn't the same as you?

In a digital world it is all relative. Some people don't want to constantly look at a digital mirror, and others may have developed preferences over 1 game avatar gender over another. I know I'm guilty of making my Fallout New Vegas character female for the anti-male perks in a male-majority game, does that make me a post-apocolypse tranny?

As long as nobody's using avatars under false pretense for exploitation(ie, a guy using fem avatar for soliciting), and there's no harm or foul. What gives anybody a right to call it on the populace? I use both gender avatars because I like representing myself digitally, and other times due to my Italian heritage, the human form is artistic... and sometimes just eye candy.

Don't hate the stuff at the crotch, just have fun and be careful who you watch. :3

I don't budlist-add on forums, and blank PSN requests get ignored!
Missing Rewards -over a year old, still never fixed! 3-4 months worth of items still MIA.
Message 4 of 48 (1,396 Views)
Wastelander
837 posts

Mar 9, 2012

lol lalalalalalala

Message 5 of 48 (1,396 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1191 posts

Mar 9, 2012

I don't see what the big deal is. Home has been like this from the beginning. Whenever I talk to someone, I understand that it could be a guy or a girl behind the controller regardless of what the avatar looks like but it doesn't matter to me because it makes no difference. I'm generally talking about games or life in general with other people and I don't have a gender requirement when it comes to just casual talking.

As far as creepers go, it's not hard to tell who they are. Actually, it's pretty obvious from the moment you're approached if you know what to look for.

I personally never run around as a female avatar but that's not to say I don't think anyone else should. If you want to be a virtual girl, by all means, have fun.

Message 6 of 48 (1,396 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
84 posts

Mar 9, 2012

Who cares? This isn't E-Harmony. Gender shouldn't matter if the person is good at keeping up a conversation and is friendly. I have transgender friends on home and they are some of the nicest people I've ever met.They also stand up and protect me from some of the trash that lurks around on home. I am offended that you would lump my friends with that garbage. It doesn't matter what gender the avatar is; a troll is still a troll. They already have something to root out the creepers, it's called report and ignore.

LightOfValkyrie wrote:

I have no problem with guys/girls wearing their opposite gender as long as they aren't doing it to cause trouble. There shouldn't be any kind of "gender lock" or whatever. As long as they aren't breaking the ToS, what's it matter to you?

Calling people that switch genders "trannies" is really ignorant, by the way.

Well said Light. I was thinking the same thing when I read the thread title.

Photobucket

Grill on grill action... now that's hot.
Message 7 of 48 (1,396 Views)
Wastelander
870 posts

Mar 9, 2012

ahah, well said sushi

Message 8 of 48 (1,396 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28580 posts

Mar 9, 2012

Some people use avatars of the opposite sex just because. It offers more variety for some. For others, they feel it is more pleasing to their eyes.

There is no issue here other than our own discomfort due to our own expectations. I have no problem playing Lara Croft in a Tomb Raider game.

There are more rude and bad people in Home that don't cross dress at all. With that said, there are more good people in Home than there are bad. It's just that bad people are really "loud".

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 9 of 48 (1,396 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
64 posts

Mar 9, 2012

The hardest thing I have to deal with in the way of meeting people I could possibly call 'friends' on Home is the need to brand someone as female or male.

Even after a good portion of people that disappear thinking I am playing some sort of game with them... You have no idea how many people run away or later decide it's an issue and erase me because I choose not to disclose what gender I am in the end (I tell them they can decide whatever I may be for themselves). For these said people it doesn't matter what my reasons for it are- it only matters what reasons they could imagine my motives to be and/or dislike me for not 'being able to tell them one way or another'.

Through situational exceptions I find it's a heck of a lot easier to break down and say either 'male' or 'female'... even if it is a lie.

Why bag on males when you purposely exclude females for doing the same thing?

Gender is as relative as age online and you're seeking an answer one way or another- You're just unhappy with the ones you get.

That's as far as I'm going to beat the dead horse.

Message 10 of 48 (1,396 Views)