MVP Support
24784 posts

Re: Playstation Home Community Volunteer

Feb 14, 2013

Thew902 wrote:

Icinq wrote:

jtdawg84 wrote:

I have asked before but i dont think i got a straight answer. when will applications for playstation home community volunteer become available?

I think they want someone who has more experience in the forums and isn't just a cannon fodder. Plus judging by your name jdawg, I'm guessing your just a kid and a wannabe at that. My 10 year old nephew also has the name jdawg. Real original name choice there dawg. Smiley Frustrated

What does the 84 mean... any ideas?

It means jtdawg1 thru jtdawg83 were taken. Smiley Wink

Message 11 of 21 (203 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
258 posts

Feb 15, 2013

How about abolishing the program altogether?

They're utterly useless, rarer than unicorns, and get free stuff in exchange. Not to mention multiple reports of sightings in private servers.

FF14 WAR
Message 12 of 21 (161 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1157 posts

Feb 15, 2013

Darcness wrote:

They're utterly useless, rarer than unicorns

Send one a private message. They're always willing to offer tours or answer questions.

Darcness wrote:

get free stuff in exchange.

Good for them.

Darcness wrote:
Not to mention multiple reports of sightings in private servers.

Being on an overflow server was not against the ToS.

The HCVs used these for holiday & charity events, as well as Q&A with developers.

Gamers are the worst f*cking people. ~ Phil Fish

Message 13 of 21 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

Feb 15, 2013

Conrad_Max wrote:

The application is not available a this time. When it is, GlassWalls will announce it on ths forum. Until then, you (and other potential HCVs) might want to read this FAQ on the program: Home Community Volunteer FAQ

Will your application for rehire be amongst all the new candidates?

Message 14 of 21 (147 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4501 posts

Feb 15, 2013
Useually the ones that say get rid of the program are the jealous ones Smiley Happy

YB

Message 15 of 21 (131 Views)
Highlighted
Fender Bender
1148 posts

Feb 15, 2013

Icinq wrote:

jtdawg84 wrote:

I have asked before but i dont think i got a straight answer. when will applications for playstation home community volunteer become available?

I think they want someone who has more experience in the forums and isn't just a cannon fodder. Plus judging by your name jdawg, I'm guessing your just a kid and a wannabe at that. My 10 year old nephew also has the name jdawg. Real original name choice there dawg. Smiley Frustrated

maybe jtdawg isn't a young dog, but an old dog. Perhaps that is what the 84 stands for.

Maybe he or she isn't a dog at all, just a regular person who asked a reasonable question.

photo Xmas3_1copy_1.jpg
Message 16 of 21 (122 Views)
Sackboy
392 posts

Feb 15, 2013

bookepride wrote:
Useually the ones that say get rid of the program are the jealous ones Smiley Happy

why does everything think we all wanna be popular and that's why we get mad at stuff. i got a family and a job and friends what do i want with some stupid program for wannabes on a games console. If i think it should go am i jealous too only people that think this volunteer thing makes you super cool would think we're jealous. Ever think of that

Message 17 of 21 (105 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 15, 2013

ANNO-DOMlNl wrote:

bookepride wrote:

why does everything think we all wanna be popular and that's why we get mad at stuff. i got a family and a job and friends what do i want with some stupid program for wannabes on a games console. If i think it should go am i jealous too only people that think this volunteer thing makes you super cool would think we're jealous. Ever think of that

Well calling it a stupid program doesn't make it so. Community volunteers do help the community and I suspect there will be many more added to their numbers soon. 

No one said it made them super cool. You appear to be saying that which does in fact say something about you, now doesn't it. 

If it's not for you fine. I personally appreciate a lot of what many of them do for the community. 

Message 18 of 21 (95 Views)
Sackboy
392 posts

Feb 15, 2013
Ha don't flip this around please. I don't get why people gotta sign up to help out I was always told to look out for people and my neighbors and they should do the same i was never told i had to sign up to some fancy program to do that else i can't help no one. Fine its not for me i admit it lol cmon that doesnt mean i dont like people helping others though way to try and spin this into something its not
Message 19 of 21 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 15, 2013

ANNO-DOMlNl wrote:
Ha don't flip this around please. I don't get why people gotta sign up to help out I was always told to look out for people and my neighbors and they should do the same i was never told i had to sign up to some fancy program to do that else i can't help no one. Fine its not for me i admit it lol cmon that doesnt mean i dont like people helping others though way to try and spin this into something its not

That's fine you don't need to apply or sign up. And yes you can help people without being an official volunteer. I think Julie_Love showed that with her Meet and Greets that went on for about a year.

You're calling it a fancy program. It's simply a program for those who would like to volunteer to help others. I think it's gotten a bad rap for a number of reasons which I prefer not to get into.

The fact of the matter is the program is changing and those changes will be made known to the community when Glasswalls and Management are ready to share it with everyone. 

Message 20 of 21 (100 Views)