Gaming Beast
1633 posts

Re: Player inspect?!?!?-_-

[ Edited ]
Apr 10, 2013

WiIldBeast wrote:
Player inspect?, that has to be the worse idea ever!!! Why would i want the players to see what i'm wearing?, last thing i want is for players to swagga jack my outfit!, This is the worse idea ever!, i might actually quit pshome, cuz this new feature is f*%#ing terrible!!!!

Lol, If this feature is new, I was unaware of it until now. While I don't think this feature is the worst ever, I don't like the idea of it. I know this is silly but the moment I see my  "clone" on PS Home I get some strange urge to buy something different. I'm always trying to fight that urge to save my money and avoid what seems to be unnecessary purchases , so my avatar mostly wears old clothing. 

I suppose from a business standpoint this is a good idea from Sony. But from a standpoint in order to maintain a level of uniqueness and personality in Home, it just makes me feel vulnerable to.. *ahem*.. "swagga-jackification"

Message 11 of 108 (473 Views)
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
147 posts

Apr 10, 2013

WiIldBeast wrote:
Player inspect?, that has to be the worse idea ever!!! Why would i want the players to see what i'm wearing?, last thing i want is for players to swagga jack my outfit!, This is the worse idea ever!, i might actually quit pshome, cuz this new feature is f*%#ing terrible!!!!

Here's a solution for you.

Break out your camera when the "swagga jack" people come nearby.  Take a picture of them checking you out.  Better yet, pull out your cell phone and take that picture onscreen to capture the IDs (which you would have to black-out if you post it here anyway), so you remember who they are.

Later when you see the "swagga jack"ers (LOL), take a picture of them wearing YOUR swagger (BTW some developer and artist made that swagger first before any of us).

Then make a thread here about "swagga jack" people, show the before and after pictures.  If it really is such a problem, it will be a HUGE thread.

Personally I could care less, and I think most people TRY to not flat out copy other people.  But if what you wear is the only reason you enjoy Home (exaggerating a bit here, I hope), don't you think it's time to look for some other reasons to play Home?

Message 12 of 108 (469 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 10, 2013

Don't people change clothes regularly? Serioiusly I might worry if I ONLY WORE ONE OUTFIT and it was TOP SECRET and it was so swagga it froze the server all by itself.

Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 108 (467 Views)
Lombax Warrior
147 posts

Apr 10, 2013

LightningEmotion wrote:

WiIldBeast wrote:

Lol, If this feature is new, I was unaware of it until now. While I don't think this feature is the worst ever, I don't like the idea of it. I know this is silly but the moment I see my  "clone" on PS Home I get some strange urge to buy something different. I'm always trying to fight that urge to save my money and avoid what seems to be unnecessary purchases , so my avatar mostly wears old clothing. 

I suppose from a business standpoint this is a good idea from Sony. But from a standpoint in order to maintain a level of uniqueness and personality in Home, it just makes me feel vulnerable to.. *ahem*.. "swagga-jackification"

It is a good point, but still I think most people don't want to just flat-out copy anybody else.

However, wearing old Store-bought clothing that people can't find anymore is a pretty good solution if you're budgeting out things.

Message 14 of 108 (463 Views)
Lombax Warrior
147 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 10, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Don't people change clothes regularly? Serioiusly I might worry if I ONLY WORE ONE OUTFIT and it was TOP SECRET and it was so swagga it froze the server all by itself.

Smiley Happy

Isn't there another name for those people? 

Mr.Freeze.jpg

And it isn't "swagga-jackers" either, LOL.  Smiley LOL

Message 15 of 108 (459 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Apr 10, 2013

matthewaristotle wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Smiley Happy

Oh I probably shouldn't have used that example. Bad bad bad Joanna. It's not something to laugh at – the freezing that is. 

Message 16 of 108 (457 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
147 posts

Apr 10, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

matthewaristotle wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Smiley Happy

Oh I probably shouldn't have used that example. Bad bad bad Joanna. It's not something to laugh at – the freezing that is. 

It was funny because of how it made you sound! LOL

But hey if "swagga jackers" want to swagger jack some freezers I'm sure they might run into some problems with that.

Message 17 of 108 (451 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13193 posts

Apr 10, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

al2009man wrote:

At least no-one has to ask me "How'd did you get that" anymore

I'm just curious how much information we are actually going to get for each item of clothing. After all we do wear a number of items and I wonder how much text they've devoted to the description of each. 

Depends on the description. (like Hellfire T-Shirt Black Reward, which say "Rewarded from Home Tycoon")

Message 18 of 108 (450 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
147 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 10, 2013

al2009man wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

al2009man wrote:

At least no-one has to ask me "How'd did you get that" anymore

I'm just curious how much information we are actually going to get for each item of clothing. After all we do wear a number of items and I wonder how much text they've devoted to the description of each. 

Depends on the description. (like Hellfire T-Shirt Black Reward, which say "Rewarded from Home Tycoon")

Ever look up your old rewards and find that the dates are missing?

We will see, but it wouldn't surprise me if some items just don't have a description.

OR the description is "NOT LOCALIZED"

and you know what that means.

Message 19 of 108 (443 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13193 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 10, 2013

So...This whole hate-feature thread is turned into Swagga-theme thread. But am i only thinking of this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fphS3QKh2ZQ (Language warning)

Message 20 of 108 (440 Views)
0 Likes