Keyblade Wielder
5755 posts

Re: Player Inspect *Purchase* Option, to turn it ON or OFF [Edited]

[ Edited ]
Oct 11, 2013
Mya, I'm all out of Cheetos, but I've been told there's a windowless white van parked across the street, full of candy and puppies Smiley Happy

Message 61 of 70 (386 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1359 posts

Oct 12, 2013

How about just a privacy setting friend of friend, friend, & only me Smiley Happy

addtext_com_MTEwMTQzMTk0MzI5.jpg

Message 62 of 70 (363 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4495 posts

Oct 12, 2013

StephieRawks wrote:
Mya, I'm all out of Cheetos, but I've been told there's a windowless white van parked across the street, full of candy and puppies Smiley Happy

27.jpg

Don't fall for it!  I made that mistake while harmlessly accepting an invite from a purple headed girl to join them in the hub...

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 63 of 70 (362 Views)
Fender Bender
2949 posts

Oct 13, 2013

StephieRawks wrote:
Taliesin, I think once an item has been a reward, the developer can't put the same item in a store and charge for it. However, they can put it in the store with a price of $0.00 for a certain amount of time and then charge for it later, as we have seen happen with promo items like the old mall Scavenger Hunt clothing. Anyhoo, point being: they can't sell rewards as is. They'd probably have to re-skin rewards to be able to sell them...or they could sell them in a different region, like those Toy Logic rewards from JP being sold in EU.

they did this once with the magic the gathering mana shirts, they were available as rewards in the MTG space as well as purchasable in the mall.  i purchased the fire mana shirt then went to the space and won the fire mana shirt from the survey.  however i believe this was the only instance of that ever happening leading me to think it was a mistake that was never corrected.

BEWARE OF THE SPEEDING WHITE SAUSAGE!!!!!
mercia comic here --> http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home-General/duty-to-the-spirit-mercia-comic/m-p/37428903/thread-id/1089731/highlight/false
Message 64 of 70 (311 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Oct 13, 2013
I remember that scenario with the Magic shirts also Pyro. Are they IDENTICAL though or just very similar? I remember thinking to myself why buy these when I can WIN them for free? That error was probably what led to that spaces' deletion actually in retrospect as it probably was generating zero profits due to people thinking the same thing. That space was really nice and I actually miss it. The statue rewards from the game are pretty epic as well.
Support Forums
Message 65 of 70 (284 Views)
Fender Bender
2879 posts

Re: Inspect Approval

Oct 14, 2013

1) I would rather have someone inspect me than ask me where I got something, because sometimes, I can't remember

2) I wish I could turn it off on my end, because sometimes I walk next to someone and accidently hit inspect, when I don't want to inspect anything

Thanks Asuka424 for the Signature
Message 66 of 70 (260 Views)
VP of Gaming
28389 posts

Oct 14, 2013

I prefer that someone ask me how I obtained an item or piece of clothing as I believe in communication and the interaction between Home/PSN/internet users. Communication is everything.

But as the ability to inspect anoher user's clothing has been requested by many, and finally inplimented, it's something I will have to accept.

Do we need another user's approval? No. Just do it.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 67 of 70 (257 Views)
Survivor
1350 posts

Oct 15, 2013

Conrad_Max wrote:

I prefer that someone ask me how I obtained an item or piece of clothing as I believe in communication and the interaction between Home/PSN/internet users. Communication is everything.

But as the ability to inspect anoher user's clothing has been requested by many, and finally inplimented, it's something I will have to accept.

Do we need another user's approval? No. Just do it.

Conrad, the basis for this suggestion (n it's appropiately here as I have been told y), is for those who want to shut off the purchase part *beforehand* when they r being trolled by cloning on the spot. Not an approaval (even though the op may say that), but just an *option* to have it ON or OFF. Personally as I said earlier, I have no issues with people copying my outfits anymore, as I have found many old outfits that I still do have that are not available, plus when I thought more about it, it really isn't that big of a deal, but I still like being unique.

Not an approval, just a menu box, under "Options" that gives us *choice* to turn it on or off, for the purchase part.

For if any individual user feels trolled by someone, they can turn it off before going out in public. Not to say thats a big problem, since I have not taken a survey, but I have seen it happen with many.

Personally, if anyone here would like the Chun Li or Rose Streetfighter alternate costumes, contact me through PSN with an XMB messaage, my EU account can get you them, Your_Empress_

If you have the *Dark Lily's masks* in purple, green, blue or whatever other odd colors their were, please let me know, I would like to trade. I have the black Dark Lily mask (obviously), pink n red.

I will be wearing the pink Dark Lily's mask this month for BCAM. (n yes you can buy it off me, everyone n anyone)

Thank you to anyone who can help!

Your_Empress x7 flirt leader worldwide final and forever photo Your_Empress x7 forever final_zpssgnzebgr.jpg
Message 68 of 70 (221 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
45 posts

Oct 23, 2013

Defeat the inspect option by never wearing anything that can be inspected and bought by strangers. Some older clothes and reward items cannot be purchased by copycats.  The inspect feature almost runined the Home experience for me and my friends. It's sad to spend months and even years collecting hard to find items so your avatar does have the typical cookie cutter image of most home users. Inspect may be a cash cow for sony, but it ruined the experience for many users who try to stand out. For those who hate this feature, wear only items that can't be inspected and purchased. 

Message 69 of 70 (180 Views)
Survivor
1350 posts

Nov 8, 2013

LegoFire wrote:
I personally think the idea of "Inspect Approval" is unnecessary.

Player Inspect was added as a feature so users could easily determine what content another user is utilizing and purchase the item(s).

Before "Player Inspect" had arrived, a large amount of users would often not allow others to know where the content they contained was from upon someone asking. I'm sure if we had an approval system it would be the same thing all over again, these same users would do the same thing and the deny rate would probably be large, ruining the purpose of why Player Inspect is here in the first place.
(To inspect content)

Also, I don't see Sony doing this because it honestly does assist in making progressive sales easier with the feature. To deny users to purchase what they'd like is most likely not in their regards.

for the record in regards to "Player Inspect".

"Inspect" is not "Purchase", they are two entirely different things.

We were never told it would include the option to purchase the item on the spot before "Player Inspect" was released. That's what I originally started this thread about, the purchase part, not the view part.

Viewing where items are from, solves your statement about people never sharing where stuff came from.

Viewing has nothing to do with purchasing.

What I see now in Home is few if any people wearing anything rare, it seems many users now prefer to wear rewards or not available items. Maybe because people don't like being copied?

So if it's so great and loved by people in Home now, how come so few rare items are seen, except those now that are so commen (made commen through Player Purchase, oops I meant Player Inspect), so commen now that nobody even cares about them? If it's so great how come you see people run away, jump into wardrobe or disappear when other people (likely strangers) run up to them? Now that's what I call a friendly social network. (Sarcasm) Yeah sure for those who sit here on the forums n who don't actually play PS Home much, I understand it makes no difference. but PS Home has become more dull n less friendly for what i have observed since "Player Inspect" came on the scene.

So it is the same thing all over again, unless you are already friends with those that have what you want. Kinda makes sense that way anyway, actually being friends with someone that you copy an outfit from.

Now this is long after i started this thread, now idc about it and see no reason to worry about people copying outfits. But at the time I made this thread I had valid points about the purchase part of inspect.

If the purchase part of inspect is eventually made where you can disable it, you would see more people wearing more rare outfits in Home. Then maybe some Home users could work on being friendly and actually talking, like the social network of Home was meant to be, instead of just running up, standing there n copying an outfit then running away.

No, I doubt that will happen, after all any future for Home won't likely include *any* of our current wardrobe, since the clothes will not likely fit any new avatar bodies.

It's really that simple. So idc if people copy each other. I personally don't care anymore, but for those that do, I think they deserve to be recognized. After all they are the ones who went into all the stores to put their outfits together, not some lazy random person who just grabs it off inspect.

Other than that, hopefully Sony will make enough money off of inspect so that they can develop more advanced avatar bodies for us in the next generation of whatever Home may become. Then none of this will matter, the clothes won't fit and nobody will ever care about it since a whole new line of clothing will be released. that however, if it does indeed happen, is likely years away. I prefer becoming friends with someone whose outfit I admire, verses just copying it and running away, regardless of our wardrobe eventually becoming extinct.

Your_Empress x7 flirt leader worldwide final and forever photo Your_Empress x7 forever final_zpssgnzebgr.jpg
Message 70 of 70 (129 Views)
0 Likes