Keyblade Wielder
5754 posts

Re: Player Inspect *Purchase* Option, to turn it ON or OFF [Edited]

Oct 11, 2013
Taliesin, I think once an item has been a reward, the developer can't put the same item in a store and charge for it. However, they can put it in the store with a price of $0.00 for a certain amount of time and then charge for it later, as we have seen happen with promo items like the old mall Scavenger Hunt clothing. Anyhoo, point being: they can't sell rewards as is. They'd probably have to re-skin rewards to be able to sell them...or they could sell them in a different region, like those Toy Logic rewards from JP being sold in EU.

Message 51 of 70 (332 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1350 posts

Oct 11, 2013

smokingpistol wrote:
good posts everyone but to the person who suggested rewards be purchasable through player inspect. That will be the day I officially quit Home.

Good point, smokingpistol.

But through ISE *all* rewards that were never codes can still be had across the board. n a certain hack called "ICE" allows a user with a Jailbroken System to copy everything that exists on-screen, yes everything, including guide jackets and the ironman suit. Only 10 ironman suits every existed, they were codes from a contest long ago in EU. ICE is temporary and does not "stick", meaning that when that person logs off Home, the items they are wearing with ICE disappear from their inventory.

I have stated before that I have absolutely no ISE, but i do have a life. Sorry but I do not have time to play a bunch of different games for the top rewards to put together some outfit that I like that can't be "swaggerjacked". I work and do things outside of Playstation Home, things that bring me far more happiness. So to anyone looking to put me down in regards to this, you are only showing your own spite.

I also pointed out that I have no problem with ISE that is of FREE items, not gift machine items. I do not promote stealing paid for items and never will.

I will be getting ISE now. on all my accounts in every region that I care too.

If items end up in my inventory that are from limited contests such as Granzellas Events, as I will have somebody else do this, I *will not* wear those in public, as a sign of respect towards those worked worked so hard for them. Like the items I earned in the Kikai machine war, the leaderboard shows that I along with many others earned them. Sorry, but the robot suit is *not* a favorite outfit of mine, and the swimsuit was very easy to get and is commen.

I have the golden GS 828 and the golden El Valiente full size *cars* that you can drive around in Home Tycoon, they are not locomotions and they look much closer to the real thing than the go-cart locomotion versions of cars. I mention this because there's a certain reward that you get when you make the $50 purchase, twice over when you have both of these cars. It is the Golden Mayor's Dress, and it is a reward. I never complained about it before, that anybody can get it through ISE. Just making a point here about it. Time is money, as the very true saying goes, based upon that, money would be time, and quite often it is. I don't have time, but I have the money to pay someone to get ISE for all my accounts.

Don't think that I don't support PS Home either because of this decision. I support it far beyond what any of the trolls here could ever care too. I will still play the games within Home because I enjoy them, I just don't have time to spend every waking minute doing so.

My stance on Home's future has changed now too, I mention it here because I don't need to make a new thread to get tons of posts in order to make myself feel better about myself in regards to post count or some silly forum ranking. I have many significant n redeeming qualities in real life, n I don't need these forums or Playstation Home to be somebody or to feel happy. I do enjoy gaming more than you can realize, this isn't my only PSN account, it's only an account for PS Home, and it definetly does *not* run my life.

If you get mad about somebody wearing ISE that they didn't earn, realize this. They still do support Home in most cases (the Gold Mayor's Dress is an exception, it costs more to legitimately earn that through the purchase), and they want to see PS Home have a future as much as you do.

Some people won't be able to copy you through Player Inspect because of not having money to do so.

Some people won't be able to copy you for game related wardrobe rewards because of not having enough time.

Well time is money, and ISE makes that statement a fact.

BTW for those who say having a *purchase option control* makes you somebody who wants to control what everybody buys, that's such an ignorant statement.

A *Purchase Option* regardless of what it is called, it controls *nothing* in the long run. Before Player Inspect everything was still available through Mall Hack, guess the people who complained about Mall Hack are saying what now? Where are they? You can get almost everything out there, if you care too. Everything, there's always a way. A Purchase Option *does not* control what people can buy when all they have to do is make a little effort like others did and go look in a store or simply walk over to a person who has their Purchase Option enabled. It takes away nothing from the business, people who would use this already don't wear their favorite outfits out in public. Purchase Option, does not control what people can buy, it simple requires *you* to have enough social ability to make friends who can trade anything with you. n most everything else you will be able to buy in the store anyway or off the next person who has Purchase Option enabled.

It isn't about controlling what people buy, it's about being free from trolls who clone people.

In PS Home, everybody matters, this population of *spenders* is **much much much** lower than many care to realize.

Just because they don't care to post here about this when they agree with me, don't think that they don't exist.

They play Playstation Home, and probably longer than many of you on the forum have. But they don't care to be trolled here. They don't care about the forums *at all*, but they do care about Playstation Home. and when Playstation Home is gone, these forums are history.

If this can be moved to the suggestion thread (in regards to Purchase Option) or wherever it is *suppose* to be idc, do that.

There are those who base their worth off of posts, or trophies, or outfits, or glitchs. Then there are those of us who base their worth off how they feel, *in real life* and they get online for entertainment and to have fun, not to impress people because they already have that in real life, maybe too much sometimes.

Don't act like you write for me, or put words in my mouth. You can respecttfully see the good *social* possibilities to this Player Inspect change, like getting people to talk. No, don't talk, Playstation Home is *not* a social world, just "swaggerjack" it. (sarcasm) Or PS Home is so desperate for money that *this must happen to save it n stay exactly the same*, that is a sad thought considering how much great development has been recently made in Playstation Home. New people are going to buy if they feel welcome by actually talking with someone. They buy it because they like it, *and* they have fun using it in Playstation Home. Take that fun away and Playstation Home loses people, not too hard to figure out is it? I'm referring to trolls in regards to those who take away fun. Fun, friendly people won't stay regardless of Player Inspect existing or not, it's how you treat them as a new friend in PS Home that matters. If you think that "swaggerjack" is going to change the future of Playstation Home, you are very wrong. Excuse me, I meant Player Inspect. By the way, you can copy another persons exact avatar in other online communities, like Second Life, including their face. Wouldn't surprise me if that happened here, or perhaps Second Life replacing PS Home.

Your_Empress x7 flirt leader worldwide final and forever photo Your_Empress x7 forever final_zpssgnzebgr.jpg
Message 52 of 70 (323 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4522 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 11, 2013

Your_Empress - I don't agree with everything you have said, but totally respect your opinions, and appreciate the time and effort you put into expressing them, rather than the typical Twitter style posts and pics some folks prefer to use.

Kudos.

I think Home and the way we feel about it is changing for many of us.  I also used to enjoy working for a lot of rewards, but that's when rewards didn't take lots of my time to get, and that they often required skill and strategy to get - and would encourage socializing with others and working cooperatively to get the rewards.  GZ is great at making events and games that involve most or even all of these things, but they are the exception, not the rule.

Unfortunately these days, more and more rewards are just massive consumers of time, with little or no regard towards the skill and strategic choices of the user, and in some cases don't even allow you to socialize while playing/grinding, let alone play with others. 

I've brought it up before, but it's crazy to me to see the same people complaining about the cost of items in Home, but who have no issue at all spending hours grinding away to get a single reward - as if their time is totally worthless.

Yes, some 'grinding' can be entertaining, at least at first, but more often than not it's just a mindless waste of time for rewards that often quickly end up in storage - which is also why so many in Home do not even refer to them as games, but instead refer to them as their "Daily Tasks".  I'm sorry, but if it's a task, they are not being compensated very well for the amount of time many people put into them.

Yes, ISE clearly isn't going to go away - but the fact that so many devs have made reward gathering such a massive waste of time, it doesn't surprise me in the least that ISE has become so well accepted throughout Home, especially with may people who used to vilify it.

It also doesn't help developers that the Item Management in Home is so poor, many are choosing not to participate in games and events just to avoid getting rewards they don't want thus making finding things in storage all the more difficult.  Where as with ISE someone can 'select' only the rewards they want.  I can certainly understand why that is something people like about ISE.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 53 of 70 (317 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13193 posts

Re: Inspect Approval

Oct 11, 2013

Bambi-01us wrote:

I think that would be a nice option to either have it open for all, just friends, closed all together, or simply having it approved first by the host.  However, that could also be a problem tool for spamming. 

Simular to Privacy Settings in PS3/PSVita and soon PS4. it would be a good idea.

example for X7, any items (free and preview) will be blocked unless they need the requirement (such as PS Plus or Mansion or X7 1/30 Pass) then when the item go public the inspect blocker for each item will be unblock (if the items limited it will be block perminatedy until it could be re-release.) such as Holiday items, if developers make their items for the limited time. then it can be set to On button butt devs would set the timer (lets say Wednesday untill the end of the month) after the timer has been reached, it blocks a item and its no longer buyable.

sorry for misspelling and non-understanable Smiley Sad

Message 54 of 70 (308 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

Oct 11, 2013

Anyone who wishes may sniff my clothing and I'll run through every item I have. I've enjoyed sharing with others and think player inspect was a great addition to Home. I'll run up and sniff you folks all sneaky like if I have to, but I probably won't copy your look. I doubt anyone will copy my mess of a look either., but more power to 'em I guess  if the best they can do is mimic what I wear. I just don't see this as an issue...I hadn't even thought that I shouldn't want to show anyone who asked me anything and everything I own.

Empress, XMB message me again when you get a chance if you still want that female transforming robot thing you were looking for. I don't mind you borrowing my look.

Message 55 of 70 (278 Views)
Survivor
1350 posts

Oct 11, 2013

Thanks myalana hon!

I am over this thing about Player Inspect, I'm just going to wear my favorite outfit all the time.

People can copy it all they want. it isn't one set either.

Still i hope to see Clothing Create become a reality.

Maybe Second Life will come to the PS4 and replace Home? I'm sure they will have Clothing Create.

Your_Empress x7 flirt leader worldwide final and forever photo Your_Empress x7 forever final_zpssgnzebgr.jpg
Message 56 of 70 (260 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6228 posts

Oct 11, 2013

The new player inspect has helped me more then a few times,  when someone asks me where to buy a piece of clothing or a LMO, I usually have it. I can just pop it on and let them inspect and buy it on the spot, no more sending them out shopping , its very convenient.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 57 of 70 (237 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3821 posts

Oct 11, 2013

Wow this thread is certainly getting the traffic.  I personally don't mind if someone copy's my avatar to be honest.  I have friends visit me and they do that every so often.  It wouldn't be fair for me to say they can't because it's not my right to lay the law down like that.  Though...  I think this thread got derailed on the wrong idea here.  I might be wrong but I read it as the OP wanted some sort of privacy system involved in the Player Inspect.

If that's the case then I certainly do not see an issue with that, because we have a right to privacy but don't have the right to tell someone they can't copy what we wear.  There are certainly other angles to look at here.  

Bambi-01us
Message 58 of 70 (210 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
5754 posts

Oct 11, 2013
So like...there are kids playing baseball at school. 1 girls says "only you, you and you have permission to look at my baseball. Everyone else, close your eyes!" All but 2 people think this is ridiculous, so she threatens to take her baseball home so no one else can play...only that doesn't work because the baseball belongs to the school and there are hundreds more sitting out there. The other kids keep playing without her. Instead, she gives someone else her Cheetos and Nutter Butters to break into the locked supply cabinet to get different baseballs to make her feel special...except thousands of others already won these special baseballs on their own. If you read this little story and think it's pretty pointless or just plain silly...well, that's how I feel after having read this thread.

Message 59 of 70 (192 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

Oct 11, 2013

StephieRawks wrote:
So like...there are kids playing baseball at school. 1 girls says "only you, you and you have permission to look at my baseball. Everyone else, close your eyes!" All but 2 people think this is ridiculous, so she threatens to take her baseball home so no one else can play...only that doesn't work because the baseball belongs to the school and there are hundreds more sitting out there. The other kids keep playing without her. Instead, she gives someone else her Cheetos and Nutter Butters to break into the locked supply cabinet to get different baseballs to make her feel special...except thousands of others already won these special baseballs on their own. If you read this little story and think it's pretty pointless or just plain silly...well, that's how I feel after having read this thread.

Soooo... we AREN'T getting Cheetos and Nutter Butters?

Message 60 of 70 (258 Views)