Treasure Hunter
3752 posts

Re: Inspect Approval

Oct 11, 2013

Having peoples approval would defeat the purpose of player inspect, which is to be able to attain items that you like that other players may be wearing without having to bother them or get trolled by doing so.  Lets face it, Sony is a business and businesses want to make money RIGHT?  So I don't see them changing player inspect any time soon if at all. 

Message 11 of 70 (389 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3821 posts

Oct 11, 2013

Home needs all the support it can get.  This is a nice idea, but doing this could abate the main focus as to why the option was added.  The inspect option gives home more leg muscle for the future.  And I must say this again, Home needs all the support it can get.

Bambi-01us
Message 12 of 70 (384 Views)
Highlighted
Sackboy
262 posts

Oct 11, 2013

IMO...the inspect feature serves a good & valid purpose.  There are just far too many ppl on home unwilling to share where they obtained a certain dance, LMO or fashion. Adding an 'approval' option would foster the same cold shoulder that this feature seeks to avoid.  I was 1 of the crowd that was uncomfortable with this at first..I still wouldn't appreciate some1 copying my EXACT look ..but these items are after all the intellectual & creative property of Sony & or the Dev's who created & distributed these items, not 'ours'.  Everyone has a right to purchase & during the last few weeks I happily share & shop using this feature. I look at this as well from the beneficial standpoint ...more $ being spent on Home = possibly a greater longetivity for this application (hey it cant hurt)...So many retired items are surfacing thus creating more options for creative fashion & unique looks.  It's a win/ win situation.  *just a note..rewards cannot b copied ..so that hard earned/rare item u came by is still uniquely 'yours'. 

A Citizen of Anor Londo..
Message 13 of 70 (375 Views)
Survivor
1350 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 11, 2013

LegoFire wrote:
I personally think the idea of "Inspect Approval" is unnecessary.

Player Inspect was added as a feature so users could easily determine what content another user is utilizing and purchase the item(s).

Before "Player Inspect" had arrived, a large amount of users would often not allow others to know where the content they contained was from upon someone asking. I'm sure if we had an approval system it would be the same thing all over again, these same users would do the same thing and the deny rate would probably be large, ruining the purpose of why Player Inspect is here in the first place.
(To inspect content)

Also, I don't see Sony doing this because it honestly does assist in making progressive sales easier with the feature. To deny users to purchase what they'd like is most likely not in their regards.

They can still find the item if they can read.

This also promotes educated users within Playstation Home, and not young children (under 13).

As of right now a child could run up to a scantily clad female avatar n clone it. But if they were required to read?

Control of the *purchase* option in Player Inspect by the person being inspected, is what I am addressing here.

All the information about where it came from can be used to go in a store and get it, that's still part of Player Inspect.

The old stores were removed for a reason, I suppose it costs too much for Sony to erase those prices. I'm sure you will get your wish and player inspect will have absolutely no changes to it. But not everybody feels it is fine the way it is.

So I will clarify this thread:

Sony, please give all of us the control of the *purchase* option in Player Inspect before being inspected.

Your_Empress x7 flirt leader worldwide final and forever photo Your_Empress x7 forever final_zpssgnzebgr.jpg
Message 14 of 70 (373 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1350 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 11, 2013

TSUNADE1224 wrote:

Having peoples approval would defeat the purpose of player inspect, which is to be able to attain items that you like that other players may be wearing without having to bother them or get trolled by doing so.  Lets face it, Sony is a business and businesses want to make money RIGHT?  So I don't see them changing player inspect any time soon if at all. 

I completely agree.

We also have the option to not play Playstation Home.

There's nothing wrong with what I am asking of Sony here. It costs to implement Player Inspect, it would cost to modify it. It also costs to lose people because of it.

But like I said before, I'm sure you are right. They won't change it.

So no worries on your part, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.

Remember the *Exclusive* items to E3 2013 by Lockwood?

Not exclusive anymore, are they? That isn't misleading?

I seriously do not believe that Sony is finished with tweaking Player Inspect. If they are, I would be quite surprised.

Your_Empress x7 flirt leader worldwide final and forever photo Your_Empress x7 forever final_zpssgnzebgr.jpg
Message 15 of 70 (356 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1350 posts

Oct 11, 2013

Bambi-01us wrote:

Home needs all the support it can get.  This is a nice idea, but doing this could abate the main focus as to why the option was added.  The inspect option gives home more leg muscle for the future.  And I must say this again, Home needs all the support it can get.

I agree Bambi.

I need to change the thread title. *purchase option*

If they can read, they can find it, I f they ask you, you could just become the store. That is if you have it shut off.

I, and those who agree with me on changing Player Inspect are not saying to completely remove it, just asking for control to turn the purchase option on or off for your own avatar.

Message 16 of 70 (345 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
694 posts

Oct 11, 2013

Your_Empress wrote:

LegoFire wrote:
I personally think the idea of "Inspect Approval" is unnecessary.

Player Inspect was added as a feature so users could easily determine what content another user is utilizing and purchase the item(s).

Before "Player Inspect" had arrived, a large amount of users would often not allow others to know where the content they contained was from upon someone asking. I'm sure if we had an approval system it would be the same thing all over again, these same users would do the same thing and the deny rate would probably be large, ruining the purpose of why Player Inspect is here in the first place.
(To inspect content)

Also, I don't see Sony doing this because it honestly does assist in making progressive sales easier with the feature. To deny users to purchase what they'd like is most likely not in their regards.

They can still find the item if they can read.

This also promotes educated users within Playstation Home, and not young children (under 13).

As of right now a child could run up to a scantily clad female avatar n clone it. But if they were required to read?

Control of the *purchase* option in Player Inspect by the person being inspected, is what I am addressing here.

All the information about where it came from can be used to go in a store and get it, that's still part of Player Inspect.

The old stores were removed for a reason, I suppose it costs to much for Sony to erase those prices. I'm sure you will get your wish and player inspect will have absolutely no changes to it. But not everybody feels it is fine the way it is.

So I will clarify this thread:

Sony, please give all of us the control of the *purchase* option in Player Inspect before being inspected.

So, you just want to control the way other people choose to spend their hard earned cash? Smiley Indifferent

Message 17 of 70 (336 Views)
Sackboy
362 posts

Re: Player Inspect *Purchase* Option, to turn it ON or OFF

Oct 11, 2013

Plain and simply you don't have any rights to the items you bought and Sony is never going to give you any. So you just need to get over it cause what you're asking is never going to happen, its not up to you what others can or can't buy. And seeing anyone and everyone can buy an item while its on sale, even if for a limited time, means there really is no such thing as an exclusive item.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Message 18 of 70 (317 Views)
Fender Bender
1728 posts

Oct 11, 2013

There is a simple solution.  If you don't want to be copied or inspected just wear stuff that is not available in public.  Luckily for me some of my favorite old clothing is just no longer available.  On a side not one can only wonder how many "extra" sales sony has made with player inspect since it has been implemented.

jason 1 8 0 2 1 2 8 signature
Message 19 of 70 (315 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3752 posts

Oct 11, 2013

Your_Empress wrote:

TSUNADE1224 wrote:

I completely agree.

We also have the option to not play Playstation Home.

There's nothing wrong with what I am asking of Sony here. It cost to implement Player Inspect, it would cost to modify it. It also costs to lose people because of it.

But like I said before, I'm sure you are right. They won't change it.

So no worries on your part, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.

Remember the *Exclusive* items to E3 2013 by Lockwood?

Not exclusive anymore, are they? That isn't misleading?

I seriously do not believe that Sony is finished with tweaking Player Inspect. If they are, I would be quite surprised.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

So you would leave Home just because you dont want to share?  Rather selfish thinking IMO, what about spending time with your friends?  I guess you would have to explain how you will no longer use Home because of Player Inspect its been nice knowing ya!

So E3 items are not exclusive anymore, neither are the items in x7, you cant imagine how many people I told to inspect me for the shrink potion before it was out for sale to the public and you d be surprised how many people I gifted in acorn meadows so that they could receive the small present LMO.  

I understand where your coming from, but you asked for peoples options, so there you have it and IMO something like this should not sway you from enjoying Home and time with your friends.  At the end of the day if and when Home shuts down, it wont matter how many rare items you have in your collection, only the friendships you have built.

Message 20 of 70 (309 Views)