Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

Re: PlayStation Plus Region Pass

Feb 19, 2013

Jersquall wrote:

xMINDBlIlURx wrote:

Paying for it, I would have to disagree.

Users can go make a free PSN account in another region, then play them servers just fine. If they ever came out with a region pass, it shouldn't ever come with a price tag.

The only thing I could see charging for is content in a regional store.

What if you could transfer compatible items from U.S. to JP?

Well, that would be quite interesting. I do have paid content in Europe and Japan.

So it's not like I would be stealing content from another region, it's all paid for.

Message 11 of 26 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Survivor
2175 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 19, 2013

Well, since they have been making efforts with including more PS+ features on Home; How about make it a free PS+ exclusive feature?

*ducks for cover from angry crowd with torches & pitch forks*

Homie From November 26, 2008 - September 13, 2013.

Shady business practices? File a complaint to the BBB.
https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complaints/file-a-complaint/get-started
Message 12 of 26 (139 Views)
I Only Post Everything
940 posts

Feb 19, 2013

LiLBlueEyes wrote:

Thank you all for your responses.

But wasn't the closed Beta all regions accessible, so it could be possible.

Your talking about the days when it was all done by Sony, and if I remember correctly all the items had no license issues between regions.

Message 13 of 26 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6228 posts

Feb 19, 2013

asfghjklEU wrote:

LiLBlueEyes wrote:

Your talking about the days when it was all done by Sony, and if I remember correctly all the items had no license issues between regions.

Interesting point.

Yes I remember there was a time Sony actually made things for Home.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 14 of 26 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
60 posts

Feb 19, 2013

Sounds great ! It would be kinda like a ps home plus , getting rewards and other things that the non paying people don't get . I would buy it . Question would it be 1 time pay or once a year pay ?

Message 15 of 26 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6228 posts

Feb 19, 2013

fubario wrote:

Sounds great ! It would be kinda like a ps home plus , getting rewards and other things that the non paying people don't get . I would buy it . Question would it be 1 time pay or once a year pay ?

Most believed $50 is too steep.

Something like $20 yearly would be more reasonable according to opinion.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 16 of 26 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Feb 19, 2013

LiLBlueEyes wrote:

OK now that I have your attention, I just want to get feedback from the Home community about something.

Would you be willing to pay an extra $50 on top of PS+  to buy an all region pass,  you would be able to use that account to go to different regions of Home and buy some of their exclusive content or win their exclusive prizes? And of course vice versa for other regions like Japan and UK.

Do you think it would do away with hacking?

Does not matter Sony would never do it.  There are copy right laws in this and also other regions don't want us on there servers.  So this idea will never happen.

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Message 17 of 26 (104 Views)
Fender Bender
3241 posts

Feb 19, 2013

Great suggestion, but sadly I don't see this in the cards due to contractual agreements and licensing limitations across regions.

It sucks for the community though...but one can always dream

Message 18 of 26 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3752 posts

Feb 19, 2013

asfghjklEU wrote:

LiLBlueEyes wrote:

Mostly everyone is adding to the scenario and not really grasping what LiLBlueEyes is saying.  Which is, If all the region problems/licenses were not an issue and they offered this service (meaning the opportunity to region hop unrestricted).   Would you pay $50 for it?  To that I would answer absolutely positively YES!! Because If you calculate how I calculate things 50.00 would be about .14 cents a day for 365 days, for the ability to region hop and to acquire limited event items using just one account and not having a different account for every region.

This would be a service I would use a lot and gladly pay that much for it, having it included in the Plus package would be a bonus but that is not what the OP or topic is about.  Its not wheater it should be included, how much would you be willing to pay or even about licensing issues that are different for every region.  Its would you buy it YES or NO and my answer is YES

Message 19 of 26 (97 Views)
Fender Bender
3241 posts

Feb 19, 2013

I for one would not be willing to give Sony an extra 50.00 at least until the service provided was fixed and working properly

Message 20 of 26 (91 Views)
0 Likes