Sep 15 2010
By: Fist_of_Fury2 First Son 4 posts

PlayStation Home is SUCKS! But here are my reasons why..

30 replies 122 views Edited Sep 15, 2010

Alright.. I might get bashed but..whatever. I am a huge PS3 fan, so I am not against PlayStation in anyway.

PlayStation Home sucks and it's boring. I RARELY LOG into HOME. I feel it is really slow (load screens), lacking in fun factor, and not intuitive. Now the reason I feel this way is because Home to me feels like an Add On. In order to get there yu have to find it on the XMB, then install it to play. It is soo slow. Why does Home have to be a program to launch into? Home should be the REPLACEMENT FOR THE XMB! I want to turn on my PS3 and use my HOME apartment as my PlayStation 3 Menu. For example, If i want to play a game, I will have to walk over to an arcade machine, which represents the GAME menu. All the options dealing with games (memory card, saves, PSN Games, Minis, etc) should be there. If I wanted to watch a movie, I can watch over to my virtual HDTV, hit 'X', and launch into the movie. This is how it should be. For those who like using the XMB, it can still be used. For example, if yu want to access it, press Start, and there yu go. The little PSP thing will pop up, allowing yu to use the XMB.

When it come to THEMES, forget about it! Your HOUSE is yur theme! With customizable walls, furnitures, and AVATAR, PlayStation Home will become an instant hit. Everyone will be trying to make their Avatar into whatever they have in mind, and show it to the world. These are my ideas that I wish SONY would take into serious consideration. It is a shame because PlayStation Home can be such a great program. MAKE HOME into the new PlayStation 3 User Interface.

Message 7 of 31 (122 Views)
PlayStation MVP
3833 posts

Re: PlayStation Home is SUCKS! But here are my reasons why..

Sep 15, 2010

As neat as that sounds on the surface, that would be the worst move sony could make. I am already a guy selecting options in a menu to do things. I don't want to be a guy controling a virtual guy who selects options in a menu (space) to do things. It adds an unnecessary step.

It would also absolutely ruin your system resources and take a good 5-10 minutes from startup just to launch into a game. Not a good idea.

Message 1 of 31 (122 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
29264 posts

Sep 15, 2010

Trolling the Playstation Home forums sucks in my view.

There is a suggestion thread, use it!

http://boardsus.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home-General/SEPTE
MBER-Give-Us-Your-Suggestions/m-p/4...

Message 2 of 31 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
146 posts

Sep 15, 2010

No offense but this feature is COMPLETELY useless, a waste of time, and it would take a long time just to get Home booted up it's better that we should NOT make Home this feature. It is creative but it's USELESS.

Message 3 of 31 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
146 posts

Sep 15, 2010

If Playstation Home sucks so much then why would you want to showcase it? If so then why does the title of this thread say otherwise?

Message 4 of 31 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5659 posts

Sep 15, 2010

Don't like it? Don't use it ..

The Flying Grayson, Nightwing, Robin, They were about more than fight moves. They were about inspiration, comfort, trust, family. I gave that up to become a spy. a Spider man; A Tsuchigumo. I have changed.
But I'll Always be D. Grayson

N52 Grayson 6

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 5 of 31 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
577 posts

Sep 15, 2010

Heh, I give his post merit and appreciate his input as it is a forum.   Plus I like it since most of you didn't lol.

Message 6 of 31 (122 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
1953 posts

Sep 15, 2010

So Home "is sucks" because it should replace the cross menu bar, and it has loading?

Do you believe in love at first sight, or should I walk by you again?
Message 8 of 31 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10857 posts

Sep 15, 2010

A few notes about your little rant here;
  1. Loads are not that bad, and in fact you can up your memory devoted to Home to help with this.
  2. The menu system is fine, and there is literally hundreds of mini games to do in Home and hundreds of events to attend
  3. It is an add on......i think you are missing the point of Home. Also why would you want it to be your new XMB if you dont like it? 
  4. Sorry this does not deserve its own point but it takes literally 2 seconds to hit the Home icon when you log in. 
  5. You understand that if Home was the new XMB the following would also be true:
  • Unless you where connected to the internet you could not use your console. 
  • You would have to spend the time to log into Home, go to a move or game, leave Home, and then log in all over again when your are done. This would make your interface experience HORRIBLY slow.
  • Home is something only PS3 has.
Lastly let me point you to this rule of hte forums:
Other Platforms 
This is first and foremost a PlayStation community. As such, discussions on our gaming forums should be PlayStation-oriented. Topics related to other gaming platforms may be deemed off-topic and removed at our discretion. Furthermore, platform vs. platform threads never end well, often resulting in a flame war. Please refrain from creating such threads on the forums. 

@Jim777PS
Message 9 of 31 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
146 posts

Sep 15, 2010

This thread is gonna get locked

Message 10 of 31 (122 Views)
0 Likes