Reply
Gaming Beast
Registered: 09/07/2008
Offline
2000 posts
 

Re: PlayStation Home, Us & You

Mar 15, 2010

CydoniaX wrote:

 


homeboy79 wrote:

Hey Cyd!

 

As mentioned... ever since 1.35, pictures hanging in personal spaces are not showing up when using the camera feature like it does with other media content throughout home. Is this deliberate or a bug?

 

Oh and thanks for continuing to respond to this thread! You guys are doing a fantastic job! Keep it up!


 

 

Hey there,

 

Not sure and trying to get an answer to your question right now....will let you know when I know!

 

Thanks!

Cyd


 

No, Thank You for being so responsive!

 

SUBSCRIBE: InWorldPix


WATCH:  Homeboy's How To


FOLLOW:  @InWorldPix


Message 251 of 295 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 01/05/2007
Offline
585 posts
 

Re: PlayStation Home, Us & You

Mar 15, 2010

CydoniaX wrote:

 


Wolf26pack wrote:

Wolf26pack wrote:

 

 Thank You Cyd for clarifying all that for me. All this new info is so refreshing and informative. I pretty much have had all my questions answered. Hmmm maybe one more if one of you guys can answer it.

 

What ever did happen to this Personal Space that I have a picture of here?

 

Playstation Home Closed Beta Cliffside Personal Space

 

 

I believe it was in the Playstation Home Closed Beta, although I'm not sure since I sadly wasn't apart of the Closed Beta. Maybe a little history lesson of what that apartment was and what happened to it, if you have the time that is.


CydoniaX wrote:

 

Hi Wolf,

 

That's odd...I have NEVER seen that personal space before. I'm thinking it might have been from another region's closed beta. I'll see if anyone on the team knows!

 

~Cyd


Wow a personal Space you have never seen before. Now that is a surprise to me. Well just so you know it is also shown I believe in the Mall's Front Window in Home. It is the one on the far left & next to that is a Japanese Garden Personal Space & then on the right is the Log Cabin. So I don't know if it is from another region or not but it's in all of the other Regions Store front's too I believe.

 

Again Thanks for the reply I can't wait to hear your next one.

Wolf26pack


 

Hey! I got an answer...so turns out that was a personal space that was built during closed beta by our developer team over in London. It was never released. We are actually interested in releasing it if you guys want it...do ya want it? No promises, but I can ask Magnus to work his magic!

 

 

~Cyd


 

Hey Cyd,

 

Thanks for getting back to my question and finding out the answer to it . I too would like to see it come out here. I'm sure their are many in the community that would like to see it come out, as well as some other closed beta spaces/ items that were available that aren't currently. Sadly I wasn't fortunate enough to be a part of the closed beta but am curious to find out what I missed out on.

 

I can also hope that like much of the community has asked for that the Item limit in spaces is increased so we can put more items in our spaces so they feel more lived in. If this is indeed a memory issue well, I hope you & your team are able to find a work around for this issue. I never was able to understand why Sony implemented such a low amount of memory in such a High Tech System. I mean when the PS3 1st was released computers had 4GB of memory as a minimum, so I would have thought that Sony would have at least put 2-4GB of memory in the system. I know that if they would have done that it would have made it much easier on the developers & would have blown any other system out of the water.Well Thanks Again for answering all my questions & if I think of anymore I'll be back

 

Keep up the Good Work

Wolf26pack



YLOD-2
Message 252 of 295 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 09/19/2008
Offline
618 posts
 

Re: PlayStation Home, Us & You

Mar 15, 2010

 


F1REFLY_SEREN1TY wrote:

I made a suggestion that quite a few people agree, and I was wondering if this has been seen and or forwarded by the Home Manager to the programmers of the core Home program

http://boardsus.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home-General/Home-needs-this/td-p/45328986

 

the idea is for Home to give us a way to block an avatar off our screen, because it's pretty rare that a mod will actually respond and stop an abusive situation WHILE it's happening. And we are currently helpless and vulnerable to any jerk. And we really need a way to stop the abuse.

 

We want to see a button added to Home. And when someone is being abusive to us, like dancing in our avatars or repeatedly putting their face in our crotch, we would like to REMOVE them off of our tv screens. And to prevent abuse while they are invisible to us, we would like to disappear off the abuser's screen too. We don't see them, and they don't see us.

 

That, above any content, is the one thing above all else I would like to see added to Home. =]


 

 

I agree that some sort of block or "invisible" feature is needed when it comes to protecting yourselves from unwanted contact. I will discuss with moderation.

 

Thanks!
Cyd

Message 253 of 295 (7 Views)
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 09/19/2008
Offline
618 posts
 

Re: PlayStation Home, Us & You

Mar 15, 2010

 


homeboy79 wrote:

CydoniaX wrote:

 


homeboy79 wrote:

Hey Cyd!

 

As mentioned... ever since 1.35, pictures hanging in personal spaces are not showing up when using the camera feature like it does with other media content throughout home. Is this deliberate or a bug?

 

Oh and thanks for continuing to respond to this thread! You guys are doing a fantastic job! Keep it up!


 

 

Hey there,

 

Not sure and trying to get an answer to your question right now....will let you know when I know!

 

Thanks!

Cyd


 

No, Thank You for being so responsive!

 


We do what we can.
So, I have your answer: the reason you can't see what's in picture frames while using your camera is to protect whatever is shown in the picture. For example, if it's IP belonging to another game developer, like a pic of a game character, it's one of those legal rules that they would have to give permission before any of their owned content is shown elsewhere...either within Home or if you were to post the pic you took on a website or something.

 

 

Message 254 of 295 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 09/19/2008
Offline
618 posts
 

Re: PlayStation Home, Us & You

Mar 15, 2010

 


footballrule wrote:

Hey Cyd, i have a question for you.

 

Do the HCM's ever put stuff they want in Home? Like say yoi want the ability to  play chess but it hasn't been suggested by the community and you put it in Home and the whole community likes it.. Has something like that ever happened?


 

 

Hey footballrule,

 

Sure, it can happen but we can't ask for whatever we want whenever we want it. It needs to fit within whatever the Production team's roadmap is for the year....they have to build a lot of stuff in a short timeframe and get super-busy, so they can't usually do one-off requests unless it already fits in with something they're doing.

 

We often ask for virtual items to be made, either to go with our community events (example: that crazy turkey suit you won for playing Turkey Chase last November was asked for by HCM) or because we just think you guys would like it.

 

One of the cool things about Home is there's the potential for lots of people's ideas to become reality in Home: whether it's a new public space dreamt up by a production artist, a new virtual item or personal space asked for by HCM, a community member asking us to get something specific (like Star Wars costumes, for example) or if it's someone who wants to do business with Home creating a really awesome new mini-game.

 

There is no one creator of Home, we all influence its development. Cool, huh?

 

~CydX

Message 255 of 295 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 09/19/2008
Offline
618 posts
 

Re: PlayStation Home, Us & You

Mar 15, 2010

 


Jersquall wrote:

It's the beach house Cyd. While your on this find us the Japanese estate. Do you need a pic?


 

Sure, doesn't hurt.

 

Message 256 of 295 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 02/14/2009
Offline
9679 posts
 

Re: PlayStation Home, Us & You

Mar 15, 2010

CydoniaX wrote:

 


footballrule wrote:

Hey Cyd, i have a question for you.

 

Do the HCM's ever put stuff they want in Home? Like say yoi want the ability to  play chess but it hasn't been suggested by the community and you put it in Home and the whole community likes it.. Has something like that ever happened?


 

 

Hey footballrule,

 

Sure, it can happen but we can't ask for whatever we want whenever we want it. It needs to fit within whatever the Production team's roadmap is for the year....they have to build a lot of stuff in a short timeframe and get super-busy, so they can't usually do one-off requests unless it already fits in with something they're doing.

 

We often ask for virtual items to be made, either to go with our community events (example: that crazy turkey suit you won for playing Turkey Chase last November was asked for by HCM) or because we just think you guys would like it.

 

One of the cool things about Home is there's the potential for lots of people's ideas to become reality in Home: whether it's a new public space dreamt up by a production artist, a new virtual item or personal space asked for by HCM, a community member asking us to get something specific (like Star Wars costumes, for example) or if it's someone who wants to do business with Home creating a really awesome new mini-game.

 

There is no one creator of Home, we all influence its development. Cool, huh?

 

~CydX


 

Make.Believe huh Cyd? And i still see some turkeys run by in central plaza.

(I'm one of them)

Message 257 of 295 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
Registered: 07/10/2008
Offline
10878 posts
 

Re: PlayStation Home, Us & You

Mar 15, 2010

Hey Cyd question:

 

Is there any progress on getting games in our spaces, not like they are now where they are built in but as items. Say a chess table, pool table, arcade machines etc....


@Jim777PS
Message 258 of 295 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 09/19/2008
Offline
618 posts
 

Re: PlayStation Home, Us & You

Mar 15, 2010

 


Jim777 wrote:

Hey Cyd question:

 

Is there any progress on getting games in our spaces, not like they are now where they are built in but as items. Say a chess table, pool table, arcade machines etc....


 

Yep! Part of our plan for the year....

 

Message 259 of 295 (7 Views)
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 02/09/2007
Offline
1262 posts
 

Re: PlayStation Home, Us & You

Mar 15, 2010

Hey Cyd , question .... any idea about this streaming media thing we heard about over 3 years ago? Like streaming internet radio or some sort of tv feed? PSP already streams shoutcast .... anyways any reply on this matter would be awesome. Thanks.

GamerIndepth.net!
Message 260 of 295 (7 Views)
0 Likes