Wastelander
765 posts

Re: PlayStation Home, Us & You

Mar 8, 2010

Hey, just hoping you guys didn't forget about my question... the same question's been asked a couple times by other people other than myself, even earlier in this thread, and they haven't been answered yet, so please help us out with some answers. Thanks.

Message 201 of 295 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
585 posts

Mar 8, 2010

Conrad_Max wrote:

BitRunner wrote:

I would argue that the current system in place not only forces things to get buried quickly beneath pages and pages of suggestions, but also makes it tougher for users to get behind and support ideas. Allowing users to create topics related to their suggestions in a suggestions board would keep things a lot more organized. 

Now this is a good idea. I would go further in asking for a separate PlayStation Home Suggestion Threads Forum with clearly titled suggestion threads: Items (Including tools, toys, furniture, clothing and accessories), Spaces, Functions (movement and emotes) and Services (The discussion of current or future services that Home may have). Each of these threads can be floated to the top of the forum with the space below used to discuss the different suggestions. The current suggestion threads are titled in such a way as to be confusing for some people.

I also think that there should be an easier way for people to notice the different Home related forums. It's quite obvious that a few of us don't realise that we have separate forums for clubs and events, Sodium One, Xi and support. Perhaps a list (links) of the different Home forums can be posted at the top of PlayStation Home General?

Also, can we limit this quote within a quote ability. Requoting  every quote tends to make the message bigger, which in turn takes up more space on a page. And many times the original message that is in all the quotes has nothing to do with the final post in which the original quote is included. Why not just quote what you are responding to and delete the excess? It's very easy to do and does not require a surgeon's license.

I would also add to the Function list, the Functionality of Furniture as well since as of now we can't even lay in our beds since the beds function like chairs. Good suggestions overall though.

YLOD-2
Message 202 of 295 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
585 posts

Mar 8, 2010

Wolf26pack wrote:

Thank You Cyd for clarifying all that for me. All this new info is so refreshing and informative. I pretty much have had all my questions answered. Hmmm maybe one more if one of you guys can answer it.

What ever did happen to this Personal Space that I have a picture of here?

Playstation Home Closed Beta Cliffside Personal Space

I believe it was in the Playstation Home Closed Beta, although I'm not sure since I sadly wasn't apart of the Closed Beta. Maybe a little history lesson of what that apartment was and what happened to it, if you have the time that is.

CydoniaX wrote:

Hi Wolf,

That's odd...I have NEVER seen that personal space before. I'm thinking it might have been from another region's closed beta. I'll see if anyone on the team knows!

~Cyd

Wow a personal Space you have never seen before. Now that is a surprise to me. Well just so you know it is also shown I believe in the Mall's Front Window in Home. It is the one on the far left & next to that is a Japanese Garden Personal Space & then on the right is the Log Cabin. So I don't know if it is from another region or not but it's in all of the other Regions Store front's too I believe.

Again Thanks for the reply I can't wait to hear your next one.

Wolf26pack

YLOD-2
Message 203 of 295 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Monster Hunter
39 posts

Mar 8, 2010

Hello,

I was reading through your original post, and it asked us not to send questions via PMs.

I have sent you guys the same question several times now, but have not received a firm response that will help me. I know that you guys must get tons of PMs, and that my PMs are currently unread, so I'm posting my question here.

I'm still wondering about the Uncharted 2 FHE contest. You guys told me that the legal team will get in touch with me and that you are not really involved with that process, but said team has not contacted me through any means. Is there anyone that you guys know that I can contact directly?

Thanks!

Message 204 of 295 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2000 posts

Mar 8, 2010

Wolf26pack wrote:

Wolf26pack wrote:

Thank You Cyd for clarifying all that for me. All this new info is so refreshing and informative. I pretty much have had all my questions answered. Hmmm maybe one more if one of you guys can answer it.

What ever did happen to this Personal Space that I have a picture of here?

Playstation Home Closed Beta Cliffside Personal Space

I believe it was in the Playstation Home Closed Beta, although I'm not sure since I sadly wasn't apart of the Closed Beta. Maybe a little history lesson of what that apartment was and what happened to it, if you have the time that is.

CydoniaX wrote:

Hi Wolf,

That's odd...I have NEVER seen that personal space before. I'm thinking it might have been from another region's closed beta. I'll see if anyone on the team knows!

~Cyd

Wow a personal Space you have never seen before. Now that is a surprise to me. Well just so you know it is also shown I believe in the Mall's Front Window in Home. It is the one on the far left & next to that is a Japanese Garden Personal Space & then on the right is the Log Cabin. So I don't know if it is from another region or not but it's in all of the other Regions Store front's too I believe.

Again Thanks for the reply I can't wait to hear your next one.

Wolf26pack

yeah, I'm just supporting what you said Wolf. A picture of that space has been sitting in the store window of estates from the beginning of OB, at least. I appreciate Cyd admitiing that shes never seen the space before, but I......... In fact, I can't even find the words......Wow is right!.

SUBSCRIBE: InWorldPix

WATCH:  Homeboy's How To

FOLLOW:  @InWorldPix

Message 205 of 295 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1924 posts

Mar 8, 2010

I made a suggestion that quite a few people agree, and I was wondering if this has been seen and or forwarded by the Home Manager to the programmers of the core Home program

http://boardsus.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home-General/Home-needs-this/td-p/45328986

the idea is for Home to give us a way to block an avatar off our screen, because it's pretty rare that a mod will actually respond and stop an abusive situation WHILE it's happening. And we are currently helpless and vulnerable to any jerk. And we really need a way to stop the abuse.

We want to see a button added to Home. And when someone is being abusive to us, like dancing in our avatars or repeatedly putting their face in our crotch, we would like to REMOVE them off of our tv screens. And to prevent abuse while they are invisible to us, we would like to disappear off the abuser's screen too. We don't see them, and they don't see us.

That, above any content, is the one thing above all else I would like to see added to Home. =]

Message 206 of 295 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5451 posts

Mar 9, 2010

Conrad_Max wrote:

BitRunner wrote:

I would argue that the current system in place not only forces things to get buried quickly beneath pages and pages of suggestions, but also makes it tougher for users to get behind and support ideas. Allowing users to create topics related to their suggestions in a suggestions board would keep things a lot more organized. 

Now this is a good idea. I would go further in asking for a separate PlayStation Home Suggestion Threads Forum with clearly titled suggestion threads: Items (Including tools, toys, furniture, clothing and accessories), Spaces, Functions (movement and emotes) and Services (The discussion of current or future services that Home may have). Each of these threads can be floated to the top of the forum with the space below used to discuss the different suggestions. The current suggestion threads are titled in such a way as to be confusing for some people.

I also think that there should be an easier way for people to notice the different Home related forums. It's quite obvious that a few of us don't realise that we have separate forums for clubs and events, Sodium One, Xi and support. Perhaps a list (links) of the different Home forums can be posted at the top of PlayStation Home General?

Also, can we limit this quote within a quote ability. Requoting  every quote tends to make the message bigger, which in turn takes up more space on a page. And many times the original message that is in all the quotes has nothing to do with the final post in which the original quote is included. Why not just quote what you are responding to and delete the excess? It's very easy to do and does not require a surgeon's license.

Love this and would like to build on this as well (if you don't mind)...

Only a handful of Home Users are forum users. If at all possible (if organized in the fashion stated above), I think it would be even more helpful for management to gather user feedback if the devs can somehow incorporate a checklist within one of the Home application's spaces where the top 10 kudo'd suggestions of the week get displayed for Home users to be able to kudo as well creating a more wide spread voting option.

This should help attract more Home users to the forum, which should help management get even more ideas, feedback, and application issues. It should also make Home users that DON'T visit the forum feel like they are more involved in the development of Home and creates another strong reason for users to return week after week.

What say you? Is it possible in anyway to integrate lithium's kudo system here with Home somehow?

Message 207 of 295 (3 Views)
First Son
7 posts

l lRe: PlayStation Home, Us & You

Mar 10, 2010

im new to ps3 and already I feel more at home (pun intended),than with my xbox360(am I allowed to say that word?). Thanks Cydonia x

Message 208 of 295 (3 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Re: l lRe: PlayStation Home, Us & You

Mar 10, 2010

LOGAN_THANOS wrote:

im new to ps3 and already I feel more at home (pun intended),than with my xbox360(am I allowed to say that word?). Thanks Cydonia x

At least you have found your way Home! Welcome!

Message 209 of 295 (3 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Community Manager (Retired)
1040 posts

Mar 10, 2010

dabomb4eve wrote:

Hello,

I was reading through your original post, and it asked us not to send questions via PMs.

I have sent you guys the same question several times now, but have not received a firm response that will help me. I know that you guys must get tons of PMs, and that my PMs are currently unread, so I'm posting my question here.

I'm still wondering about the Uncharted 2 FHE contest. You guys told me that the legal team will get in touch with me and that you are not really involved with that process, but said team has not contacted me through any means. Is there anyone that you guys know that I can contact directly?

Thanks!

This instance would be an exception. PM me your contact information (we've been down this road before, but it's not exactly easy for me to find our last correspondance within the thousands upon thousands of PMs in my inbox) and we'll make sure this is taken care of.

Message 210 of 295 (3 Views)