Uncharted Territory
1023 posts

Re: PlayStation Home Final Closure Detailed for Japan and Asia

Aug 22, 2014

Sad to see it coming.

I see this as the next step of Home's closure plans. I see some similarities in Japan Home of 2012-2013 before the no update announcement to what NA is right now. Doesn't mean an announcement will be coming for NA soon, but it might be sooner than people think.

Although it's probably wishful thinking, but I hope there's something like a Home alternative announced during SCEJA's conference on 9/1.

Message 41 of 169 (618 Views)
Fender Bender
3321 posts

Aug 22, 2014

Though this is sad News for many Home Users who experienced Playstation Home in those regions but you have to look at it as just that a "Experience".

I myself still jump on my Japan acct from time to time and have collected many photos of the locations not available in NA or EU knowing that one day it will end..now i know when it will. When the doors finally close i will look back at the time i spent there and the memories from the photos i took.

So for those who have a JP Home acct or Asia acct and want to remember these locations, jump on Home and take photos because when the time comes your going to be upset you didnt.

photo 557c3c40-b625-4286-ad5f-95b19a50b165.jpg
Message 42 of 169 (598 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
288 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 22, 2014

May2099 wrote:

Cat Sad

Thank you for posting the information. Closed Beta days were best spent on the grassy knoll in Japan's central plaza. I will always have fond memories of micing up in public with English speaking Japanese living in Tokyo. My earliest days on Home in Japan were of watching my husband run the Japan Stamp Quiz for the CB shirts, rug, chest and cushions. I still enjoy wowing people with the setup showing Japan's CP. I wish my Home logo statue with digital text would have returned though.

Many a day spent on Japan Home server enjoying friends and events as there was very little content in NA Home at the time. Having alternate accounts for Japan, Hong Kong and Euorpe became a must for being in the know for all things free and funky. I can recall when making one's own "instance" was a popluar thing to do. Can you say PS of original IREM beach in Japan with a few friends. I spent more time in Japan away from all the rudeness found on NA Home. And, spent time watching double rainbows before some dude made a viral video. WWW

Japan has long been the place for the BEST content/events on Home for many years. I will miss the ability to transport myself half way around the world to experience the beauty that is Japan Home. Fabulous times with friends enjoying unique content. Going to loose that crazy muscled anime arm that took me hours of watching anime in the threater. I am certainly getting emotional recalling those early years. I have hundreds upon hundreds of photos to last me a long time. Even bringing my Japan avie to old NameLessOnes/GamerIndepth meetings made the sharing reach further.

Lasting fond memories of heading to IREM Fest and beach to be wed to my sweety the week before the spaces removal.

Please keep us all informed of that last resort event. Going to need someone's hand to hold and a tissue for that one. V___V

May2099 PiXeLUX.jpg

End of Service May2099.jpg

Back in the day if you weren't visiting Home over in Japan you were missing out.  I will surely miss it and hate to this era come to an end.  

Message 43 of 169 (582 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13194 posts

Aug 22, 2014

younginflavor18 wrote:

LightOfValkyrie wrote:

No one show this thread to DCS-Tekken. Smiley Tongue

I don't know how DCS will react, but deep down he's going to be very unhappy, if not saddened, about the news.

actually, he would be SUPER **bleep** with this announcement and he goes very "OMG ITZ TEH END OF WORLDZ I TOLD U SO".

but honestly, i expected this to come. (you may already know why? no? k, um... there's isn't that much developers on both Japan and Asia. resulting this closure. Smiley Sad

Message 44 of 169 (572 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13194 posts

Aug 22, 2014

TucoMcFly wrote:

I don' think anyone would be too shocked if this hit EU and NA but i dont see it happening for awhile. NA and EU make money. Sure everyone talked about the cool events and freebies in those regions but they never had the 3rd party support EU/NA has and a fraction of users. When you login to Japan home and find someone from America before Japan theres your problem.

you're sorta wrong there. Only NA seems to lack alot of Game-related support compared to Europe.

Message 45 of 169 (570 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13194 posts

Aug 22, 2014

strider367 wrote:

So it would be a good idea not to fund this sony nightmare anymore. This soon to be bankrupt monster company deserves what it gets here on out...

I smell a microsoft-fanboy thing.

Message 46 of 169 (564 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
79 posts

Aug 22, 2014

strider367 wrote:

There you have that's the future of this home as well. One year after ending new content in asia home will become inaccessible. JPHome ended its new content months earlier. There goes all that hard earn money up in smoke. They don't even have the common decency to let us keep what we have till the end of life of this console.

So it would be a good idea not to fund this sony nightmare anymore. This soon to be bankrupt monster company deserves what it gets here on out...

I highly doubt Sony will be going bankrupt any time soon. Sony is in the driver's seat this console generation, with the PS4 looking like it will likely dominate the competition.

"Having the common decency to let us keep what we have till the end of this console" would be a terrible business decision and that sort of thinking is what would make a company go bankrupt. There would be almost no upside to doing that. They're obviously closing down those regions of Home because they are no longer profitable. And when the remaining two regions start to be unprofitable, they will start the shut down process there. They aren't going to let Home limp along at a loss just to be nice guys.

It would be nice and all, but it's just not realistic.

Message 47 of 169 (543 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 22, 2014

Japan Home used to have wonderful events like this one which brought not only me but lots of my North American friends there for things we just never got here in North America.

Message 48 of 169 (542 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5016 posts

Aug 22, 2014

Well saw this coming! Didn't know exactly when it was gonna happen but knew it was gonna happen sooner or later...

Now the question is when will we get the news that EU and US Homes are closing as well? Will we get Support Stopped First then we can use it for 6months afterwards till the final shutdown or will they just shut it down without any notice whatsoever?

I still use HOME on a daily basis! But this should of be telling you that buying on HOME now is a lost cause and ur throwing away ur money now. Just look at all of us who have item's in Japan and Asia Homes.... Were loosing all our stuff! Will they let us transport it over to EU or US Home NOoooo!  So were all gonna loose our stuff either now or when EU or US also closes....

It's just a matter of how much longer? PS3 life is about over.... Due to PS4 they want everyone to rush out and buy a PS4. But yet they could of Put HOME on PS4 and we would of been Happy going out to buy a PS4 if we could still use HOME on it. But NOoooo!  They just want to make us all Homeless when PS3 support ends....  And it'll be soon! To say the least...

There goes the Money God Family costumes! And Hatsune Miku for people who were lucky to get that from Japan Home arrgg!  So long Hatsune Miku!   Smiley Sad

The End is Nigh! And i been telling you all along!

By: DCS

SHAME on SONY for making us HOMEless by Closing our PS HOME!
Message 49 of 169 (534 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5016 posts

Aug 22, 2014

See now if they were SMART??? They could of Merged Japan and ASIA Home with EU and US Home's! But did they? NOPE!

SHAME ON YOU SONY!!!   One thing is for sure were still not buying ur PS4 anytime soon!  U only have urself to BLAME!!!

SHAME on SONY for making us HOMEless by Closing our PS HOME!
Message 50 of 169 (529 Views)