Hekseville Citizen
379 posts

Re: PlayStation Home Final Closure Detailed for Japan and Asia

Aug 22, 2014

I don' think anyone would be too shocked if this hit EU and NA but i dont see it happening for awhile. NA and EU make money. Sure everyone talked about the cool events and freebies in those regions but they never had the 3rd party support EU/NA has and a fraction of users. When you login to Japan home and find someone from America before Japan theres your problem.

Message 31 of 169 (699 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
446 posts

Aug 22, 2014

As we all know the curtain is closing soon for N/A in the near future, so what Mr.Mur says holds great validity. If we are Proactive, rather than Reactive an alternate means can be eased into if such a reasonable alternative does indeed exist. That part is subjective.

Regardless, as sad as it is to hear a assigned date has been issued it has to be FAR better then NO communication and a big SURPRISE!! "You don't have to leave but you can't stay" announcement. 

Until that time, I hope to bump into many of you. I'm over lamenting over the closure, and figure those that are my, or lay claim to be my friends will keep in contact. So I will continue to enjoy pshome until that time comes and have little to no sadness of it's expiration.

bob-maul wrote:
It was like me trying to prove Half Life 3's existence by finding three bananas in my fruit bowl.
Message 32 of 169 (670 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4533 posts

Aug 22, 2014

At best i'd give Home in NA till November 2016 but I mostly predict it'll go down some time in 2015, late 2015

PlayStation HCV/MVP 2011-2016
facebook.com/gamer316
Message 33 of 169 (666 Views)
Lombax Warrior
80 posts

Aug 22, 2014

As a reminder of the full timeline of events, discontinuation of publishing new content for the Japan and Asia regions was initiated 9/2013 (Japan) & 3/2014 (Asia).

With the final closure being initiated 3/2015, that means these regions will have lived on a year and a half and a year respectively with no new content before the termination of Home in those regions.

I've hypothesized in the past that Sony was going to watch things closely in these two regions during this exit phase, and apply that data to the exit strategy for NA & EU. While we could see a similar timeline for NA & EU, there's a lot of variables in the equation, such as a possible influx of people from JPN & Asia into NA & EU, which could change things up a bit. Not to mention the fact that we really have no idea what the variance in size between the regions is, since Sony has always kept that a big secret.

Either way, I feel that this means that NA & EU likely have a good while to live on, so I guess that's some sort of small silver lining in the cloud. If I had to guess, I'd say the final two regions may close early 2016, but it's hard to say.

Though I never visited the Japan or Asia regions, I think it's a sad day for anyone that's frequented Home. I think I may have to create an account for at least one of those regions and give them a try, just so I can say I saw them if nothing else.

Message 34 of 169 (662 Views)
I Only Post Everything
387 posts

PlayStation Home Final Closure Detailed for Japan and Asia

Aug 22, 2014

Cat Sad

Thank you for posting the information. Closed Beta days were best spent on the grassy knoll in Japan's central plaza. I will always have fond memories of micing up in public with English speaking Japanese living in Tokyo. My earliest days on Home in Japan were of watching my husband run the Japan Stamp Quiz for the CB shirts, rug, chest and cushions. I still enjoy wowing people with the setup showing Japan's CP. I wish my Home logo statue with digital text would have returned though.

Many a day spent on Japan Home server enjoying friends and events as there was very little content in NA Home at the time. Having alternate accounts for Japan, Hong Kong and Euorpe became a must for being in the know for all things free and funky. I can recall when making one's own "instance" was a popluar thing to do. Can you say PS of original IREM beach in Japan with a few friends. I spent more time in Japan away from all the rudeness found on NA Home. And, spent time watching double rainbows before some dude made a viral video. WWW

Japan has long been the place for the BEST content/events on Home for many years. I will miss the ability to transport myself half way around the world to experience the beauty that is Japan Home. Fabulous times with friends enjoying unique content. Going to loose that crazy muscled anime arm that took me hours of watching anime in the threater. I am certainly getting emotional recalling those early years. I have hundreds upon hundreds of photos to last me a long time. Even bringing my Japan avie to old NameLessOnes/GamerIndepth meetings made the sharing reach further.

Lasting fond memories of heading to IREM Fest and beach to be wed to my sweety the week before the spaces removal.

Please keep us all informed of that last resort event. Going to need someone's hand to hold and a tissue for that one. V___V

May2099 PiXeLUX.jpg

End of Service May2099.jpg

Message 35 of 169 (621 Views)
Lombax Warrior
133 posts

Aug 22, 2014

I remember Sony saying back when the PS4 came out that they where committing to 2 years of support of the PS3, Year 1 is almost gone, that leaves us with 1 more year, I really will not be surprised at this point if U.S. home goes offline sometime late next year, I would love to be wrong, but after seeing that the PS4 sells is one of the bright spots for Sony right now, and Microsoft really trying to do what they can to catch up, I can see Sony putting all their future resources toward the PS4...

photo samurai-bujutsu-107698.jpg
Message 36 of 169 (605 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
8190 posts

Aug 22, 2014
It would be great if we could download our content and host P2P connections via the software. A one-time fee for the software and file hosting (for cache clears/reinstalls) would be reasonable.

New content could be added to the standard PSN Store, allowing current devs (that are still willing) to provide new content.

There would be no public areas unless a developer server hosted, but a small concession.

This may not be possible or Sony may be unwilling, but it is a hope I hold.
_____________________________________________________________________________________
With few exceptions, true suppression, repression and oppression is often fueled by fear, not by logic or reasonable morality
Message 37 of 169 (593 Views)
Fender Bender
2961 posts

Aug 22, 2014

There you have that's the future of this home as well. One year after ending new content in asia home will become inaccessible. JPHome ended its new content months earlier. There goes all that hard earn money up in smoke. They don't even have the common decency to let us keep what we have till the end of life of this console.

So it would be a good idea not to fund this sony nightmare anymore. This soon to be bankrupt monster company deserves what it gets here on out...

AlphaZone4.com | Home Item Database
Map
Map

Schlachlen-Haus fünf ................................

Message 38 of 169 (571 Views)
Fender Bender
2003 posts

Aug 22, 2014

I will never buy a ps4 unless Home was on it.

Message 39 of 169 (550 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 22, 2014

I have been waiting and reading to see your comments and thinking about what I wanted to post all morning.

I have to say that at least there was a good amount of time between the first announcements a few months back and the actual closing date. Still sad for our extended community Home members who had to go through this. All good things.. as they say.

I was never a fan of Region jumping but that was because SCEA was my Home and yours. That said, I would welcome Japan/Asia into our region with open arms.

We know SCEA usually has very little to say when it comes to other regions and I don't expect it in this situation but what I thought would be a important jesture would be a post supporting NA Home and its third party developers and Home users in the here and now and let them know that its business as usual. After reading the above comments I think its needed.

There are obviously many different opinions on this and this is just mine. 

HomeStationMagazine
Message 40 of 169 (544 Views)