Treasure Hunter
3279 posts

Re: PlayStation Home Final Closure Detailed for Japan and Asia

Aug 22, 2014

Wow, that's horrible.  I knew there would be some kind of bad news coming for Home around this time of year.  I feel really bad for them, all of those avatars, spaces, crazy outfits....just gone.  Many of the Asia and JP users have migrated over here but it's only a matter of time before we get that little Thank you for using Playstation Home message too.  If anyone has never been there, you should definitely take the 5 minutes to make an account and check it out.

photo rsz_pshomeless1_zpst3ouqfpg.png
Message 11 of 169 (887 Views)
Lombax Warrior
122 posts

Aug 22, 2014
This is sad, but not unexpected . Hopefully it won't happen to the USA market for a few more years. By then the free roam game ( GTA5 etc ) will have matured enough to handle all us HOME junkies.
Message 12 of 169 (872 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3752 posts

Aug 22, 2014

This statement confuses me "As a silver-lining, PlayStation are now preparing a “large-scale event” for the closing period, which based on previous events held in the Asian regions of PlayStation Home, should be worth a look at"

Why would they consider an event to celebrate the closing of these regions a silver liining?  I will no longer be able to access all the my purchased content and what is the point of making an event with possible rewards you wont be able to use?

Message 13 of 169 (796 Views)
Gaming Beast
1569 posts

Aug 22, 2014
Wow this sucks. The very second account I created was my Japan account. They definitely had some awesome spaces and such exclusive to that region. I guess this means we'll have to start taking many pics of our favorite spaces in Japan and Asia before their swan song come March 2015.

I'll miss you PS Home Japan and Asia, you'll always have a place in our hearts. Smiley Sad
Message 14 of 169 (783 Views)
Fender Bender
2651 posts

Aug 22, 2014

TSUNADE1224 wrote:

This statement confuses me "As a silver-lining, PlayStation are now preparing a “large-scale event” for the closing period, which based on previous events held in the Asian regions of PlayStation Home, should be worth a look at"

Why would they consider an event to celebrate the closing of these regions a silver liining?  I will no longer be able to access all the my purchased content and what is the point of making an event with possible rewards you wont be able to use?

Maybe they feel that a final farewell event is the least they can do to thank us for our patronage.  One last chance to say good-bye to the service and the community. Obviously, it would be a bittersweet celebration of Home that doesn't really require rewards.

We all knew that our purchased content would not be accessible forever. All part of the deal unfortunately.

castle3
Message 15 of 169 (780 Views)
Fender Bender
1570 posts

Aug 22, 2014

A sad day, but not unexpected. Please take note of the timeline from product sales end to final shutdown. We can only hope they give NA and EU Home patrons the same notice and gradual cessation.

Now is the time to enjoy Home, but for many of you to start looking for alternatives might not be a bad idea. I hope Sony proves me wrong and either Home or an alternative virtual platform is planned for the PS4.

Smiley Sad Mur

Posted Image
Message 16 of 169 (775 Views)
MVP Support
1118 posts

Aug 22, 2014

Thank you for the heads up, Glodel. This is really sad to see this in front of my eyes, and I know I had a lot of fun over on Japan Home the last few years. I will even miss the old Home Mall and their original music. Smiley Sad R.I.P, Asia and Japan Home... 

MVP Support Banner.jpg

Message 17 of 169 (766 Views)
Survivor
1723 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 22, 2014

This makes me all kinds of sad, but I'm sure the Japanese and Asian users are going to be even more upset.

They firstly lose content support, and then now they're not going to be able to buy anything period, to only see their home application inaccesible next year. It's a shame, and a sad day that it's coming to that for those regions. I never really played Asia home much, but Japan home was a favorite of mine and it's going to be sad to see it go for good. Smiley Sad

Message 18 of 169 (760 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Aug 22, 2014
@TSUNADE1224 one of the rewards from Asia's Money God event was an XMB theme. Grand prize was a PS4. I assume rewards like these are what the 'silver lining' event will have. Because, like you said, what use would Home rewards be if they were to close it down right after?
Support Forums
Message 19 of 169 (732 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1359 posts

Aug 22, 2014

This is the most sadiest moment i ever seen for these asia region I'm getting a feeling Japan & Asia are running out of money or losing interest in it. well nothing is happing in asia it just a quiet & lonely region of home. Smiley Frustrated it upsetting that Japan & Asia has to be stuck in a dome not getting ability to use home. both region are left out now 2 player LMO was not released in these region, & group dance as well. Smiley Surprised well sadly both region has to pull the plug i wonder if they will be a countdown event on when will sony pull the plug. i has to be stuck with lame western stuff sadly let hope by the time japan shut down maybe sony can localist those japanese item as a goodbye. Smiley Surprised

I just saw this thread come up first & i was shock...

addtext_com_MTEwMTQzMTk0MzI5.jpg

Message 20 of 169 (709 Views)