Wastelander
716 posts

Re: PlayStation Home Final Closure Detailed for Japan and Asia

Aug 24, 2014
And this is why digital stinks.

All that stuff being long gone is absolute nonsense, and it's really a shame No one is actually upset and people here are all, sad to see it go.

People could have put their money into better things, or on the same thing in places where those concepts still haven't died and outlived all of the mess. I'm sure some of them probably feel that way.

I'll really only miss that snazzy coca cola suit and the dress. Though I didn't spend any money over there, it was pretty fun and the community was nice.

I hope they don't try to throw anything else like that their way and expect them to grab onto it. Unless home actually leaves beta and becomes something for ps4.

Who knows. But from the way it looks, Japan is out. And they were the most fun before the rest.
Message 131 of 169 (824 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
280 posts

Aug 25, 2014

Has anyone noticed that there are a lot more Japanese or Chinese speakers in NA Home>? NA seems like the logical place for people from Asia to migrate to.

Message 132 of 169 (710 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
5454 posts

Aug 25, 2014

Looks like I'm a little late to the party with this one. I don't really use home anymore but I'm still really sad to see this happen. Japan was always one of my favorite home regions to visit. Disappointed to say the least.

x__Vee__x's Streambadge

Message 133 of 169 (626 Views)
Lombax Warrior
128 posts

Aug 26, 2014

Think of it this way.. This could be the end, or the beginning of something new.. 

photo ezgifcom-gif-maker_zps80afdb43.gif
Message 134 of 169 (538 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5016 posts

Aug 26, 2014

Jim777 wrote:

DCS-Tekken wrote:

And yeah that's the main Reason why HOME is closing! U people who went out and Bought a PS4 and moved to PS4 from PS3.... This is the very Reason why Playstation Home is CLOSING!

And at this Point that's what SONY wants! They want u to buy a PS4 and forget all about PS3..... BUT don't be pushed into a PS4 just yet!!! The END of PS3 will happen and we already know that the END of HOME will happen before that!!!

But don't be one of those that OH i got a PS4 and i moved on PS4 because ur one of the main Reason's HOME is Closing and one the of main reason why PS3 itself will END soon afterwards...

Don't Rush it. If u get a PS4 that's Fine and Dandy! But don't turn ur Backs on PS3 just because u got a PS4.... That's just Wrong!

Ur like Well i can play PS3 games on my PS4 on Playstation NOW! Yeah u can if u like RENTING GAMES! But for owning the Games PS NOW is not for OWNERS.... It's Renters Only! BooHissBoo!

That's why Ps HOME could never never never be added to PS NOW as some requested it's a Rental Service! Who in there right mind would PAY to RENT PS HOME! by the day or by the week month etc..... That's just crazy talk. PS NOW is not for Home and never could be due to it being a RENTAL Only service!

No matter what we say or do PS HOME is gonna Close and PS3 will be PHASED Out! There just trying to make it happen now not Later....

OH hot **bleep**, this kind of garbage is still a thing around here? Goodie!

1. Home was dropped almost as soon as it came out, it saw little support and the flow content degraded really fast. It was already dead in the water midway through its time on PS3, the jump to PS4 was just a solid nail on the coffin.

2. Sony would like you to play games on their platforms. PS4 or PS3 either way they are making a good chunk of change on every game sale, but yes generally speaking they want you to upgrade. However this has litterally nothing to do with PS Home at all.

3. Turning your back on the PS3? Thats a very silly notion. Tell me should I go back and play games on my PlayStation 1 rather then turn my back on it! This argument makes no sense. Play the games you want to play on whatever platform that is.

4. Yes PS Now is a rentel and demo service...what does that have to do with anything? No one thinks its a solution to own games. 

5. Home could be added to Now. Just because its used to rent games does not mean the tech couldn't be used to keep Home up on PS4. Its an issue of numbers. If PS Home sales do not cover the cost of its servers you shut it down. Given how few people use Home now and how little content i sees it does not make sens to fit into Now just to have it slowely fade away untill they flip the swtich. Easier to just let it rest with the fate of the PS3 and fade away naturally.

6. Again. No **bleep**. I dont know why you act like the shift over to PS4 is some evil plot by sony. Yes they are phasing out their decrepid old console that is coming up on being a decade old. 

7. I have not touched Home in years. I am actually looking into finally buying a PS4. I hang around here to check on the community, remenise, and gawk the the boustiours idiots that have come to the forums of late. And to marvel at how such a very dead platform like Home can still have such a weirdly focused community. That said I was such a part of Home and it such a part of me that I still kind of miss it. Come that final day I may just reinstall it, and stand next to the other users as they shut it down. 

Also arguing with people online is fun. I just do it more on Reddit now. 

there have been several over the past year saying maybe they'll put Home on PS NOW!  So people could access it on a PS4....  But since PS NOW is a Rental ONLY service who would RENT to use HOME? Not me! So those people need to know PS NOW is not or never will be an Option for HOME. That's all i was saying on this...

SHAME on SONY for making us HOMEless by Closing our PS HOME!
Message 135 of 169 (780 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4410 posts

Aug 26, 2014
I feel like bumping my end of Home sweepstakes thread. September 2015 for NA?

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

@conrad_max

Message 136 of 169 (719 Views)
Highlighted
Fender Bender
1728 posts

Aug 27, 2014
Everything that has a beginning has an end.
jason 1 8 0 2 1 2 8 signature
Message 137 of 169 (662 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
223 posts

Aug 27, 2014

My only 2 questions for this is, why is PS Home in Asia dying?  Does it mean Granzella will be closed soon as well?  It's sad really, I don't want PS Home NA to be closed as well Smiley Sad .

Message 138 of 169 (584 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
851 posts

Aug 27, 2014

Although not surprising, seeing an official post is saddening nonetheless.  Going to JP to check out the decorations in Home Plaza during holidays or other events is pretty special.  Also, the outfits are amazing.  A couple of events that I really enjoyed are the Hatsune Miku concert/event (it got me interested in Miku and vocaloids in general) and the Black Rock Shooter event (really like that character).  Of course, there was the FEVA Arena too, which it was neat to see some familiar NA names while on the JP side.  I also still enjoy checking out the trailers of anime and games there, as well as going to the Music Cafe for some Downtempo Jazz.  

In light of this information, I would just recommend going there if one has the ability and the opportunity, and just enjoy the experience.

In terms of the fate of Home NA and EU:  "We'll see". 

Message 139 of 169 (564 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1023 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 28, 2014

retro25 wrote:

My only 2 questions for this is, why is PS Home in Asia dying?  Does it mean Granzella will be closed soon as well?  It's sad really, I don't want PS Home NA to be closed as well Smiley Sad .

Asia never really took off. Not completely sure on the reason, but it could be because the majority of the countries are still "developing" and the market isn't as big compared to "developed" countries like NA, EU, and Japan. Using here as reference: http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/Video_game_industry, if these numbers are true, then the Asia market probably comes at the most about half of NA, EU and Japan alone, and China was never a factor as they had a console ban which was recently lifted.

Granzella probably will stick around, but their releases might be similar to what they were so far in 2014. They recently split their company into 3. Don't know the reason why they did it (probably financial reasons). A few years back, they stated Japan was making 35% of their sales from Home, and in 2012 they estimated about $1.8 million in sales as a company (not sure how much of it is from Home). Without doing any complex hard calculations, that amount probably can support a group between 20 to 30 at the most. Their company had about 30 before the split, so the 35% loss might have lead to the split of the company to focus elsewhere. Not sure how many staff is currently working on Home, could be a very small number which kind of shows the lack of work they have been doing in 2014 with lots of rehash or reskins. 

Looking back through the last 2, 3 years, it seems Sony has pretty much abandoned Home, letting others do the work for them. This does seem similar to how Japan was with their last 2 years before the no more update announcement. So far things doesn't look good and the future of Home does seem to be heading for a clousure, but anything can happen from now till then, and things might turn around, or not. So it's a matter of being prepared for whatever comes. Make sure your making wise judgement if your going to spend money that your spending on the experience rather than thinking you'll be able to keep it forever. Digital online games, for the most part, will never last forever.

Message 140 of 169 (533 Views)