Welcoming Committee
5826 posts

Re: PlayStation Home End of Summer Free Stuff!

Aug 25, 2014

AbysmalDawna wrote:

Black_MagicWoman wrote:

It always seemed rather silly why there was never a "Free Tab" implemented for all the free items on Home. It could of been updated every maintenance week.

How much simpler it would of been for new folks logging onto to home as well as home vets looking to find all free items in one place. It seems efficiency has never really been one of Homes strong suits.Woman Happy

Free stuff is kind of like a treasure hunt that you are surprised when you find it.  If they put everything under a free tab people would lose the sense of wonder when they found something and it would lose its magic and become mundane.  Plus people would come to expect more free stuff which would create a sense of entitlement which then would create a drain on Home's fragile economy perhaps resulting in a new underclass of avatar's loitering around the free area expecting free apartment, free cars and free clothing. And then who knows?  Gangs and fam fighting to declare their turfs and wearing colors and perhaps even ..............

Ok! lol you make a valid point.Woman WinkWoman Happy

=+=Irresponsible kids are raised by irresponsible parents who were once irresponsible kids themselves.The vicious cycle continues.=+=[/IMG]
Message 11 of 17 (372 Views)
Fender Bender
2003 posts

Aug 25, 2014

D-Nitrate wrote:

Black_MagicWoman wrote:

Xedhadeaus wrote:
the free tab existed in japan and i think maybe europe.

Yes Japan and Asian regions pretty much have had that option. I'm not sure about EU region though.

Japan Home has the most streamline and efficient. Unfortunately NA never bothered to attempt anything towards that goal.Woman Frustrated

Indeed, they won't even fix the numerous issues with the organization of the spaces in the navigator... Instead we got...

Posted on Nov 11, 2013:

Tempest_Fire wrote:
As for the double listing and incorrect alpha listings, I'll let the techs know.

Three months later with still no fix:

Tempest_Fire wrote:
There is no ETA on any fixes of any of the addressed issues that can be shared at this time.

So it's now been nearly a year and still all the spaces are not even properly listed in alphabetical order.  Yeah, that's how much our Community Manger and the Home dev team (if they even exist any more) cared about Home and their customers over the last year or more.  

I mean seriously, if they can't even be bothered to organize spaces in the correct folders and in alphabetical order, what are they willing to do?

And this has what to do with getting the free stuff in video?   And what is a "Community Manger"?

Message 12 of 17 (370 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Aug 26, 2014

Super glad it has helped!

I agree, that a free tab is best because of how slow PSHome loads! It makes searching the store too long of a process & no fun!

Message 13 of 17 (316 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2394 posts

Aug 26, 2014

Do you need anything special for the swimming race?  Every time I've tried, the race never starts.

Yes, I did create that game on the Vita you probably never heard of.
Message 14 of 17 (301 Views)
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
676 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 28, 2014

Thanks for the video! I don't really consider the concession rewards "free" though since they cost acorns. But this should be a great help to new folks to Home and anyone else who may have missed the rewards.

Message 15 of 17 (276 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
192 posts

Aug 27, 2014

Man, what a nice job!  Thanks @jesttara for taking the time to create this awesome resource.

@robbiehowell

PS.  The music was spot-on, too!

jesttara wrote:

Hi! I have posted my end of summer free stuff video which is a compliation of all the free items I have found on PSHome since my July 4th video!

Have a great end of summer!

twitter.com/robbiehowell

Message 16 of 17 (238 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
821 posts

Aug 27, 2014

Another great and informative video, Jesttara, thank you for sharing.  Happy end of summer to you as well.  Will be more than happy to save it for January.  Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 17 (229 Views)
0 Likes