Lombax Warrior
247 posts

Re: PlayStation Home Clubs FAQ

Dec 24, 2008

Optimus_Prime wrote:

Mac, great shots! Nicely appointed if I might add. I'm going to add the question to the FAQ and in the answer link to your post (if that's cool). 

Yes, please do. Your work with this FAQ is wonderful and I would be honored to have contributed to your efforts!

Gay and out. Over 50. Hate FPS games. Yeah, I fit in here. ;^)

But LOVING Home! Great social networking and fun/cool people in a stunning 3D world. Join me, macfilmmaker, or any one of my virtual counterparts, Daisy-Belinda, KellyTakesPhotos or TerryHansen, in a network of pro-diversity clubs right here in Home, including 3 branches of the OUTsiders Club plus transgender people. Also check out www.playstationhometoday.com.

Message 40 of 88 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
247 posts

Dec 24, 2008

r0bbyc wrote:
... is the basic club house that you can get look any different than the studio apartment that everyone has? Can you post some screen shots of the Clubhouse?
Happy to post some screen shots per your request. Personally, I think the club system could be one of the most powerful features of Home; although limited in scope as of this writing, I can only hope and expect their functionality to expand as Home develops. Here are shots of my own OUTsiders clubhouse with furnishings in place, might give you some ideas not only to the room's scale but also as to how it might be used. (Note: maximum of 50 items):
View 1 with two primary conversation/seating areas and two rows of "theater" seating near the front stage (seen from corner near the "front door"):

View 2 looking towards "front door" (from stage at front of clubhouse, far corner):

View 3 towards "front door" (from stage center):

View 4 Bulletin Board--shows postings from club leaders, two identical boards opposite each other:

View 5 (from larger seating area created along one side of clubhouse):

View 6 (for those who care, the ceiling is kind of interesting as is the room's natural lighting):

BTW, no, that screen thing mounted up over the stage does NOT do anything yet. Possibly some day?
Hope this helps. 
Message Edited by macfilmmaker on 12-23-2008 05:17 PM

But LOVING Home! Great social networking and fun/cool people in a stunning 3D world. Join me, macfilmmaker, or any one of my virtual counterparts, Daisy-Belinda, KellyTakesPhotos or TerryHansen, in a network of pro-diversity clubs right here in Home, including 3 branches of the OUTsiders Club plus transgender people. Also check out www.playstationhometoday.com.

Message 41 of 88 (77 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
308 posts

Dec 24, 2008
Thanks, mac! I appreciate your willingness to contribute. Sony doesn't seem to have much info out on clubs and clubhouses, so it's up to us I guess.
Message 42 of 88 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Ves
Monster Hunter
40 posts

Dec 24, 2008

Optimus_Prime wrote:

If I disband my Club and want to create a new one, do I have to pay another $4.99?

Yes, at this point.

Just to clear this point up. You won't be paying another $4,99. The Badge is that you can own one club. I was finally able to disband my club to change the name . The payment screen didn't pop up. No confirmation of a purchase from the store through email as well(no money in my wallet as well).

Hope this is enough info.

Message Edited by Ves on 12-24-2008 08:33 AM
Message 43 of 88 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
181 posts

Dec 24, 2008
Does the system allow an application to be submitted if that particular club is full, or will a message pop up stating it's full and no applications can be accepted? Also, does anyone know if club member can enter into there clubs yet? I know there was a problem after the 1.04 update.
Message Edited by GamertagOPOLO on 12-24-2008 11:58 AM
Message 44 of 88 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
247 posts

Dec 24, 2008

GamertagOPOLO wrote:
Does the system allow an application to be submitted if that particular club is full, or will a message pop up stating it's full and no applications can be accepted? Also, does anyone know if club member can enter into there clubs yet?

Not sure about your first question, but, yes, club members CAN now enter clubs freely.

Message 45 of 88 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
308 posts

Dec 24, 2008

Ves wrote:

Just to clear this point up. You won't be paying another $4,99. The Badge is that you can own one club. I was finally able to disband my club to change the name . The payment screen didn't pop up. No confirmation of a purchase from the store through email as well(no money in my wallet as well).

Thanks for the info, Ves. That sounds like great news, but it contradicts what Locust_Star told me when I directly asked him about it. Maybe it's changed with the last update or two. He's obviously been pretty busy lately, but I'll try to PM him again about it. I'd quote his original answer but I'd rather not without his permission. For the time being, I will add a note to the FAQ for that entry.

Message Edited by Optimus_Prime on 12-24-2008 01:26 PM
Message 46 of 88 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
308 posts

Dec 24, 2008

GamertagOPOLO wrote:
Does the system allow an application to be submitted if that particular club is full, or will a message pop up stating it's full and no applications can be accepted?

JustintimeROA stated in this thread that applications would not be accepted by the system if the club was full at that time.

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=ps3home&message.id=475613#M475613

I don't know what kind of messaging you see if you attempt it, so if someone can let us know and post it here, that would be great. My club is not full (nowhere near), so I can't test it at this point. 

Message 47 of 88 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
247 posts

Dec 24, 2008

Here is an update regarding club disbanding and creation of additional clubs. Through extensive empirical testing, I have just verified the following:

(1) As indicated by a recent poster, club disbanding IS now fully functional, no apparent glitches, it just works, finally!

(2) After disbanding your first club, you CAN create a second (or third, etc.) club WITHOUT paying any additional charges (well, at least, not until the monthly fees kick in next Spring.)

(3) In fact, I was able to successfully create and disband a succession of 12 different clubs without any problem. It would therefore seem fair to say there is NO PRACTICAL LIMIT on the club creation/disbanding cycle (at least good for a minimum of 12 cycles and, again, no additional charges).

(4) Not only are CLUB NAMES only available for a single use, so are CLUB TAGS. Once EITHER a club NAME or a club TAG has been used by anybody else, even after disbanding the club (and, I believe, including all names/tags created and forcibly disbanded from the closed beta period), the names and tags CANNOT be used by anybody else ever again. I don't know why, it's just how it currently is. (BTW, as I did this quick "create a club/disband a club" testing process, I used only totally nonsensical names and tags so as not to use up a possibly desired choice for someone else's club.)

(5) Certain words REMAIN DISALLOWED for use ANYWHERE in the club system, including club NAMES, club TAGS and even in club BULLETIN BOARD MESSAGES. That list includes:

• jew

• jewish

• gay

• lesbian

• bisexual

• transsexual

• homosexual

• heterosexual 

Message Edited by macfilmmaker on 12-24-2008 03:16 PM

Message 48 of 88 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
308 posts

Dec 24, 2008
Thanks, mac! I've updated the FAQ and the suggestion list. Merry *****mas to those who celebrate it!
Message 49 of 88 (77 Views)
0 Likes