Treasure Hunter
7781 posts

Re: PlayStation Home Clubs FAQ

Dec 18, 2008

SUGGESTION:

It would be nice if SubLeaders could customize the Clubhouse, such as adding new furnishings, moving furniture and furnishings, and also deleting furnishings and furniture.  This would keep the cost down for the Leader and would maximize the Clubhouse's variety. If the cost of the furnishings could be purchased between 4 people, it would definitely be more beneficial to the members, than having one person purchasing everything.

Message 30 of 88 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
308 posts

Dec 19, 2008

Muttenhed, thanks for the suggestion re subleaders and customizing the clubhouse. I feel the same way as do others here. Mak has a good idea about enabling subleaders to purchase furniture for the clubhouse. I'll include both in the suggestion list.

As for what subleaders can and cannot do, I think I posted much of that shortly before you did after some late night testing. Didn't know about the short-lived "bans." More like time-outs I guess. Shame people into correcting their behavior before they come back into the clubhouse. Wish the clubhouse removals were adjustable (like one hour or 24 hours). That way you have time as a subleader to report it to the club leader who can permaban the person before they cause more trouble. I'll include your findings on clubhouse removals in the FAQ. Thanks again for testing that.

Message 31 of 88 (121 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
26 posts

Dec 23, 2008
You mentioned that there is a "BUY CLUBHOUSE" option for the club owner. Dose this mean I have to buy a club house in addition to buying the club name? Also is the basic club house that you can get look any different than the studio apartment that everyone has? Can you post some screen shots of the Clubhouse?
Message 32 of 88 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
308 posts

Dec 23, 2008

I thought about screenshots, but I'll have to put all the furniture back before I do it. If anyone has any (undoctored) screenshots I can link to for the time being, post 'em up here.

As for the Buy Clubhouse option, that is for buying a clubhouse--an upgraded one, I presume, though none are yet available--other than the Basic Clubhouse that you get when you drop $4.99 to start a club. The Basic Clubhouse looks like a large hall from a lodge (one big long room with windows, skylights, and a small stage/platform in the front). Bigger than the studio, but not by a lot (both have a max of 32 people). Not as big (space-wise) as the summer house.

Message 33 of 88 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
849 posts

Dec 23, 2008
Great post.  I found it very informative and helpful.  Thanks for putting it together and updating.
Message 34 of 88 (121 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
26 posts

Dec 23, 2008
Can you buy the summer house and set it up as the club hose?
Message 35 of 88 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
181 posts

Dec 23, 2008

r0bbyc wrote:
Can you buy the summer house and set it up as the club hose?

Nope
Message 36 of 88 (121 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
26 posts

Dec 24, 2008
I was curious if anyone has tried posting a URL in a bulleten board.
Dose it open up a web browser inside of home?

how bout HTML or BBCode tags?

can you embed an image on the pages of the bulleten board?
Message 37 of 88 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
308 posts

Dec 24, 2008

macfilmmaker wrote:
Happy to post some screen shots per your request.

Mac, great shots! Nicely appointed if I might add. I'm going to add the question to the FAQ and in the answer link to your post (if that's cool).

Message 38 of 88 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
308 posts

Dec 24, 2008

r0bbyc wrote:
I was curious if anyone has tried posting a URL in a bulleten board.
Dose it open up a web browser inside of home?

how bout HTML or BBCode tags?

can you embed an image on the pages of the bulleten board?

I don't think it would matter. You can only view the notes as if you're really standing there (it doesn't take you to a separate screen), and you don't have a cursor to click on them. I know people have asked about having a laptop or computer within personal spaces to access the web. Honestly, if Sony can't figure out the legality of streaming stuff from your hard drive, they should give us portals to media web sites instead (youtube, flickr, internet radio stations, etc).
Message 39 of 88 (121 Views)
0 Likes