Hekseville Citizen
308 posts

Re: PlayStation Home Clubs FAQ

Dec 17, 2008

Thanks, everyone, for your kudos, corrections and suggestions. I really appreciate it. Wanted to reply back to some of you about specific things:

1. Macfilmmaker: thanks for the correction on the search function. I swear I had seen it work by keyword but it certainly does not now. I will also put a note about disallowed words in the name and search.

2. Infamous1: thanks for the link in your thread! I will move your link up. I already had it, but I'll put in the first paragraph.

3. Mikopo: I will add a note about the icons for leaders. I wish the member icons changed in your list if they were present in the clubhouse. Maybe something to suggest.

4. DJ_Skrull: I will add the note about disallowed words on the BB. Have you tried 10 digit numbers?

5. Justintime: It looks like you can't apply to a club that's full. I think what I've seen is where a club isn't full, but the leader is inundated with invites way over the maximum. Thanks for the correction. I am not sure if you can keep your "right" to a club after disbanding one. We'll see when someone is successful doing so. I assumed since the fee is non-refundable, that you'd have to pony up another $5, but perhaps not. When someone succeeds in doing this (maybe macfilmmaker), let us know!

6. Calador: make sure you put that in the suggestion thread!

7. gmk: When you go to purchase a club the legalese states that a monthly fee will be assessed starting no earlier than March 31, 2009. Another thread in the forum discussed this and had some (confilcting) quotes from the Home managers. Suffice it to say they plan a monthly fee starting around April 2009 and there has been no statement on pricing (or what would happen to your club if you don't pay; though I remember something in the legal stuff about Sony reserving the right to remove it).

8. OPOLO: I'm not sure what subleaders can do either. I am about to appoint one guy in my club to test it out. I know they can post and remove notes from the BB, and I'm guessing they can customize the clubhouse. Maybe remove people from the club as well. We'll see. If anyone knows, post it here!

9. Lord_B: I've made some suggestions regarding that in the suggestion thread: http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=ps3home&message.id=462203#M462203. You should make another suggestion regarding how people can promote their clubs. I'd at least like to see the search function work better, and for people to see the Club Profile in the search results.

Great job, guys. When I make any major additions or corrections that you've suggested, I will be sure to credit you. Smiley Happy  Keep the info rolling in!

Message 20 of 88 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2239 posts

Dec 17, 2008

listed good information

they should make more to do like have tvs pool tables etc

like u   pay a monthly thing starting  march so sony better make it worth while 

Message 21 of 88 (127 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1071 posts

Dec 17, 2008

Optimus_Prime wrote:

Thanks, everyone, for your kudos, corrections and suggestions. I really appreciate it. Wanted to reply back to some of you about specific things:

8. OPOLO: I'm not sure what subleaders can do either. I am about to appoint one guy in my club to test it out. I know they can post and remove notes from the BB, and I'm guessing they can customize the clubhouse. Maybe remove people from the club as well. We'll see. If anyone knows, post it here!

I've played around with subleaders - they can post./remove on the BB and they can kick people from the club (not membership).  I think they can send invites too but one thing they CANNOT do is place/move items in the club. So I have to decorate the place myself with no help.  Really hope that changes.

Message 22 of 88 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
181 posts

Dec 17, 2008

SmokeNMirrors wrote:

Optimus_Prime wrote:

I've played around with subleaders - they can post./remove on the BB and they can kick people from the club (not membership).  I think they can send invites too but one thing they CANNOT do is place/move items in the club. So I have to decorate the place myself with no help.  Really hope that changes.

What do you mean by they can kick people from the club (not membership)? I'm assuming that if they can kick people from the club ~ they can also add people from the request list (application list)!

thanks for the feed back

Message 23 of 88 (127 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1071 posts

Dec 17, 2008
If you're hanging in the club anyone who is promoted can kick a person out temporarily without effecting their membership status.  Not sure how long before they can come back in. 
Message 24 of 88 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
181 posts

Dec 17, 2008

SmokeNMirrors wrote:
If you're hanging in the club anyone who is promoted can kick a person out temporarily without effecting their membership status.  Not sure how long before they can come back in. 

Understood ~ Thanks. I just don't think that subLeaders should be able to approve membership
Message 25 of 88 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
694 posts

Dec 17, 2008
are they cool?
Best video on youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nk9lKw69eAc
Message 26 of 88 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
838 posts

Dec 17, 2008

Thanks for an awesome thread Optimus Prime.  I know Sub Leaders can see your Join Requests.  I am not sure if they can accept or deny. 

In addition, when you receive a new Join Request make sure you select Refresh Club Menus so the Join Request can show up.

Message 27 of 88 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
54 posts

Dec 18, 2008
Thanks, I was interested in joining a club but I didn't know much about them; this really cleared everything up. I might go join one tonight.
Message 28 of 88 (127 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Dec 18, 2008

A sub-leader can:

-accept/ deny applications but they can't remove members from club membership

-Kick someone out of the clubhouse but as soon as the person loads up in central plaza they can come right back in (tested last night)

-not decorate, only the main leader.

-Leaders and subleaders can post on bulletinboard

There are three of us that have groups all regarding the same thing, what we are going to have to do is only have 31 people in the group and refer all the other applicants to the other group then once that one hits 31 rinse/repeat. If they can't apply we wont know they are looking to get in and they might not find the other groups.

I think the pooltable idea is an AWESOME idea!!

Having a larger clubhouse with multiple rooms would be great. They will need to limit the headset communication to just that specific room so that there isnt conversations all blending together.

Having videos or music or jukeboxes with uploaded media is another great idea. This would need to be limited to the Leader and subleader. The reason sub leader is so important is because if someone comes along and has some good music or photos then they can temporarily be promoted to share with the others.

It would be great if we could customize the subleaders abilities, for instance I might allow all my subleaders to boot people but only one of them could accept or deny applications and then I would give the other one the ability to decorate the club house and the third one could have the ability to do everything (my right hand man or woman).

Or I know that it might be silly and a waste of programmers time but they could have a designated interior designer to help with the decorating haha.

AND PLEASE raise the limit and the ability to transfer the name at least if not the whole club. It would suck to lose a well decorated clubhouse but selling the names would be a good compromise.

Ok that is all

Muttenhed out!

Message 29 of 88 (127 Views)
0 Likes