First Son
5 posts

Re: PlayStation Home Clubs FAQ

Dec 16, 2008

There is also a word filter in place for the bulliten board.

Apparrently there are no phone numbers or similar 7-digit numbers allowed, as well as some certain words which includes:

Register...

thats the only one i came across when trying to post a message. But im sure the usual offensive words are not allowed. 

Message 10 of 88 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
529 posts

Dec 16, 2008
Nice work, KUDOS to you!

Starhawk
Message 11 of 88 (181 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1047 posts

Dec 16, 2008

Optimus_Prime wrote:

Can people still apply to join if a Club is full?
Yes. You would have to remove a member before you can add a new one if your club is full. 

You can't apply to a club that's full.  I've tried to apply for several clubs that then tell me you cannot apply because the club is full.

What happens if I disband the Club?
The club and clubhouse will cease to exist. You will not be refunded any payments up to that point. If you want to start a new club, a $4.99 startup fee (in the U.S.) is required. WARNING: The name of the club cannot be reused by you or another person.

Can anyone confirm this?  I always got the thought that the $4.99 was to buy the right to own the clubhouse itself and even if you disband your current club, you can make another for free as if you still had that original clubhouse.  Any one actually tried it out though?

Message 12 of 88 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
247 posts

Dec 16, 2008

justintimeROA wrote:

What happens if I disband the Club?

The club and clubhouse will cease to exist. You will not be refunded any payments up to that point. If you want to start a new club, a $4.99 startup fee (in the U.S.) is required. WARNING: The name of the club cannot be reused by you or another person.

Can anyone confirm this?  I always got the thought that the $4.99 was to buy the right to own the clubhouse itself and even if you disband your current club, you can make another for free as if you still had that original clubhouse.  Any one actually tried it out though?

Earlier today I tried to disband a club I had mistakenly formed (wrong name). The system simply hung, would not complete the disbanding process, and 45 minutes later I had to just restart Home. I tried several times, same result each time, won't allow disbanding yet.

Gay and out. Over 50. Hate FPS games. Yeah, I fit in here. ;^)

But LOVING Home! Great social networking and fun/cool people in a stunning 3D world. Join me, macfilmmaker, or any one of my virtual counterparts, Daisy-Belinda, KellyTakesPhotos or TerryHansen, in a network of pro-diversity clubs right here in Home, including 3 branches of the OUTsiders Club plus transgender people. Also check out www.playstationhometoday.com.

Message 13 of 88 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2014 posts

Dec 16, 2008
Very nice thread
Photobucket
Message 14 of 88 (181 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
23 posts

Dec 16, 2008
I have to Delete about 40 Club Invites just to get members of my friends list on my Club List. Maintaining a club and filling positions should not be this long and teadious. A selected delete whold easily solve this however not restricting a paying club leader whould be even more logical. And yes it seems every club owner must pay a monthly fee, if so we need a limit of 30 people in a room not 30 people on a club list. Not that it will madder, I'm in it for the club.
Host of Club... 420 Nation
Message 15 of 88 (181 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
896 posts

Dec 16, 2008

Calador wrote:
I have to Delete about 40 Club Invites just to get members of my friends list on my Club List. Maintaining a club and filling positions should not be this long and teadious. A selected delete whold easily solve this however not restricting a paying club leader whould be even more logical. And yes it seems every club owner must pay a monthly fee, if so we need a limit of 30 people in a room not 30 people on a club list. Not that it will madder, I'm in it for the club.
If memory serves me correct, the club invites don't count against you. In other words, the 40 club invites you have pending should disable you from inviting your friends.
I know when I had 5 join request pending and approx 10 join requests when I accepted the join requests my club became full  afterwards and my pending invites could no longer accept my invitation.  I bascially had to remove the half the join requests to make room for my invitees.

Message 16 of 88 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
272 posts

Dec 17, 2008
hey where your source on the montly fee for a club or is that a guess you need to refer to that source  or your speculating but this is a helpful post for newbs
gmk218 reno nv rocks the biggest little city in the west!
Message 17 of 88 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
181 posts

Dec 17, 2008
Great Thread ~ Question: Does anyone know what tasks a subLeader can & can not do?
Message 18 of 88 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3586 posts

Dec 17, 2008

This is a great informational thread, I have one question pertaining to the Search feature to find a club to join.  If you don't know what the name of the Club is, how are you going to know what to type in to search for?  Right now these forum boards has a sticky thread created that has a list of Clubs that people can join and what there about, why isn't there something similar in Home itself?

It's like doing a Search on these forum boards, if you don't know something exists in the first place, how do you expect people to know to do a search for it??

If I'm in Home and want to join a Club, I'd like to be able to open my PDA thing (what is that thing called anyway?) and be able to see a list of Clubs available, click on one too see all the details about it, then be able to send the owner a request to join it.  Right now it's probably a hit and miss doing a search by typing in the right thing to find a Club you really want to join yet not seeing other available Clubs you'd rather join cause you didn't search specific enough and didn't know to in the first place.

Understand?

photo PSForumSigPic1_zps15f972f0.png
Message 19 of 88 (181 Views)
0 Likes