Feb 05 2013
By: Mercenary09 Treasure Hunter 4461 posts

PlayStation Home Arcade App Available Today For PS Vitade

[ Edited ]
73 replies 794 views Edited Feb 5, 2013

+ Posted by Don Mesa // Director, Product Planning & Platform Software Innovation, SCEA

Since launch, PS Vita owners have gained access to lots of great applications on our new handheld, and we don’t have any plans to slow down. We’re rolling out a brand new app that brings many classic arcade games, along with a few new titles that were previously available only through PlayStation Home. We call it PlayStation Home Arcade.

PlayStation Home Arcade is available today and serves as a portal for some of your favorite arcade classics like Centipede, Asteroids, and Frogger. We’re also offering more recent titles, like Icebreaker and the very addicting Scribble Shooter, which was previously only available in PlayStation Home. The PlayStation Home Arcade app is a free download in the PlayStation Store, and you can purchase games from directly within the app, starting at $1.49 each. To celebrate the launch, we’re offering Ice Breaker, WipEout 2D and a demo of Scribble Shooter absolutely free!

If you’ve purchased any of the available titles as arcade cabinets within PlayStation Home, you can download these titles again on PS Vita at no additional cost.

The following titles are available today through PlayStation Home Arcade:

• Icebreaker (Free)
  • WipEout 2D (Free)
  • Scribble Shooter (Demo available for Free) – $1.49
  • Frogger – $1.49
  • Time Pilot – $1.49
  • Asteroids – $1.49
  • Centipede- $1.49
  • Astrosmash Gen2 – $1.49
  • Shark! Shark! Gen2 – $1.49
  • Mad Blocker – $1.49

We’re constantly looking for new ways to expand PS Vita’s gaming and application offerings and giving you access to the best portable entertainment experience available, so we’re excited for you to check out PlayStation Home Arcade yourself. Let us know in the comments which games you’ll be checking out!

Message 1 of 74 (794 Views)
Fender Bender
3345 posts

Re: The Vita gets a taste of PlayStation Home today with the Home Arcade

Feb 5, 2013

I was excited for this when it leaked or whatever happened in EU in early December. I'm really glad to see this making its way state-side.

Message 2 of 74 (784 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4236 posts

Feb 5, 2013
Psp gets no love????
Message 3 of 74 (775 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
555 posts

Feb 5, 2013
RETRO Arcade Games??? Sold! Smiley Happy

As much as I love the original games, Home can never have too many retro arcade cabinets in my opinion.
Photobucket
Message 4 of 74 (752 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
53 posts

Feb 5, 2013

So if you get the arcade on ps3 it fully unlocks the game on vita and vice versa.

Message 5 of 74 (751 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3345 posts

Feb 5, 2013

ligtning-ninja wrote:

So if you get the arcade on ps3 it fully unlocks the game on vita and vice versa.

Supposedly, and as long as it is one of the supported games.

Message 6 of 74 (741 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1207 posts

Feb 5, 2013

I'm so glad to have become a recent Vita owner. Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 74 (700 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1940 posts

Feb 5, 2013

They will try anything to get the sales up..

The last couple of years have been interesting for handheld game consoles. The 3DS debuted to lower than expected sales in 2011, only to see Nintendo turn things around with a drastic price cut. Last year, the PlayStation Vita failed to match even the 3DS' pre-price-drop performance in its early months, and the device still has yet to see any price cuts. Sony CEO Kaz Hirai now says that the Vita has been "on the low end of what we expected."

The comment comes from a media reception interview following a CES stage presentation, reports the Wall Street Journal. Still, even with lagging sales, Hirai said the Vita could still be a success, noting that Sony judges the relative success of a product over 5 to 10 years. Said Hirai, "Long term is what is important." Certainly, it took the PlayStation 3 quite some time to build up steam, and now the console is neck and neck with Xbox 360, which had a yearlong head start. Of course, it's worth mentioning that it took the PS3 a few price drops to get there.

The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear...

Message 8 of 74 (659 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

Feb 5, 2013

Lucky me being a VITA owner.

Message 9 of 74 (637 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4526 posts

Feb 5, 2013

kinda hoping these this will have trophy support since its just the games from Home on ur Vita

PlayStation HCV/MVP 2011-2016
facebook.com/gamer316
Message 10 of 74 (623 Views)
0 Likes