Fender Bender
3332 posts

Re: PlayStation Home Arcade App Available Today For PS Vitade

Feb 6, 2013

Holy crap I didn't know that they released it!! Nice move!! Nice to give us two games free to start out with. But thanks a bunch :smileyvery-happy:

photo tumblr_ltj7u6nyrU1qetp61o1_500_zpse82365c3.gif
http://auroraterra.deviantart.com/
Message 61 of 74 (224 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 6, 2013

Problems:

1. Where are the Icebreaker and WipEout 2D games located in the store?  They're not listed.  All I see are Konami, Atari and Intelevision games listed.

2.  Why do we need to have a Vita to unlock the ability to play some of these games on Home?  There's no PS3 version of the app, nor is there a version that can be downloaded through Home.  The app is downloadable onto the PS3, but it was in the store only in the Vita section.  It's downloadable onto the PS3 for the purpose of sending it to the Vita is we can't access the store through the Vita.  The Vita app can't be loaded on on the PS3, and therefore I'm under the impression that we can't partake in this Home Arcade service unless we have BOTH a Vita and a PS3, even if we only want to play them on Home.  What the HELL?

Message 62 of 74 (215 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3188 posts

Feb 6, 2013

Grave_Man_XIII wrote:

Problems:

1. Where are the Icebreaker and WipEout 2D games located in the store?  They're not listed.  All I see are Konami, Atari and Intelevision games listed.

2.  Why do we need to have a Vita to unlock the ability to play some of these games on Home?  There's no PS3 version of the app, nor is there a version that can be downloaded through Home.  The app is downloadable onto the PS3, but it was in the store only in the Vita section.  It's downloadable onto the PS3 for the purpose of sending it to the Vita is we can't access the store through the Vita.  The Vita app can't be loaded on on the PS3, and therefore I'm under the impression that we can't partake in this Home Arcade service unless we have BOTH a Vita and a PS3, even if we only want to play them on Home.  What the HELL?

1. There aren't personal space versions of those two cabinets. They are available for free on the Vita app and available to play for free in Home. Icebreakers is in the Indie Park and Bowling Alley. Wipeout 2D is in the Wipeout space.

2. You can play all of the games on Home that are available on the Vita. If you install it on Vita, you can access the store by looking at the Recommended Games tab in the app itself. You can also buy the arcade cabinets from the Home Arcade tab in the New and Featured section of the Home store.

Message 63 of 74 (205 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Feb 6, 2013

Grave_Man_XIII wrote:

Problems:

You've hit on my two big criticisms. We need a way to get Ice Breakers and Wipeout as cabinets. Hopefully those will be available at some point.

Having this as a PS3 app would also be a huge plus, so I could grab a few minutes of gaming action without waiting for Home to load. That's not a dealbreaker for me, though. I'll log in if it means I can get my Astrosmash on.

And to clarify, you don't need a Vita to get the arcade cabinets in Home. They're for sale in the Games store and through the Navigator. IF you own a Vita and buy the games for Home, you'll have them on your Vita and vice versa.

Follow me on Twitter:
twitter.com/hearitwow

Watch past episodes:
HomeCast at HomeStation Magazine

Message 64 of 74 (204 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1206 posts

Feb 6, 2013

To anyone looking to buy these cabinets I'd recommend purchasing them directly through Home as apposed to the Vita. There's a few of us who purchased through our Vitas currently running into an issue of not getting a couple cabinets and associated items.

Message 65 of 74 (194 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
166 posts

Feb 7, 2013
Checking my Services List, and for Shark! Shark!, it has:

Realtime Associates -- Home
• Intellivision(R) SHARK! SHARK! Game Cartridge
...and...
Realtime Associates -- HAP
• Shark Shark -- HAP

"Game Cartridge" sounds not like a cabinet, but that Intellivision Console dealie. Is that what's causing this SNAFU?
Message 66 of 74 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2949 posts

Feb 7, 2013

would really like to see the app released for PS3 as well as PSM.  would love to be able to play some of these games on my tablet XD

also "purchased" the vita app even though i dont have a vita yet lol

BEWARE OF THE SPEEDING WHITE SAUSAGE!!!!!
mercia comic here --> http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home-General/duty-to-the-spirit-mercia-comic/m-p/37428903/thread-id/1089731/highlight/false
Message 67 of 74 (149 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Feb 7, 2013

Anyone have any ideas on how the Intellivison rewards unlock? I've got the T-shirts from both games, and there's nothing that explains how to get them.

I beleive the T-shirt unlocks for reaching the 3x multiplier in Astrosmash. No idea on Shark! Shark!

I'm also wondering how that multiplier in Astrosmash works. In the original game, it was a bonus for accuracy, but that doesn't seem to be the case here.

Follow me on Twitter:
twitter.com/hearitwow

Watch past episodes:
HomeCast at HomeStation Magazine

Message 68 of 74 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
591 posts

Feb 8, 2013

HearItWow wrote:

Anyone have any ideas on how the Intellivison rewards unlock? I've got the T-shirts from both games, and there's nothing that explains how to get them.

I beleive the T-shirt unlocks for reaching the 3x multiplier in Astrosmash. No idea on Shark! Shark!

I'm also wondering how that multiplier in Astrosmash works. In the original game, it was a bonus for accuracy, but that doesn't seem to be the case here.

i got a tshirt AND a poster from Astromash

Message 69 of 74 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
297 posts

Feb 8, 2013

First reward is at 7500 points, 2nd reward is at 50k.   I'll have to check Home to see what they are, but I think Ranko's post mentions the 2 items.

Message 70 of 74 (102 Views)