Gaming Beast
1940 posts

Re: PlayStation®Home After 3 Years!

May 20, 2012

Ok, I'll agree with you maybe it was dumb luck or that I never saw these posted either on the Activity Boards in Home:

Happy Anniversary HCV'S

"Novus Prime - SUNDAY WEEKLY LATE NIGHT EVENT"@ 10pm CDT (Updated)

Novus Prime preview party with Hellfire Games & HCVs (Updated)

Welcome to the Home Community/Digital Platforms Manager, Tempest_Fire (Updated)

You also maybe be missing my point as to the lack of Communication with the majority of Home users that only see what they see on Home, since  disseminating pertinent "News and Information" is mostly (not always) outside of Home.

Shall I list all the notifications we got while in Home, that we got from the forums about downtime, maintenance, emergency reboots? Zero

anamri wrote:

jimmynet wrote:

Prime example: Where is this event listed on the Activity Board under Events? " Sink Conrad Max! Saturday, May 19th, 6PM PDT/9PM EDT"   ITS NOT! However, there are 52 other events posted: Looking for a a Friend, Join a Fam, Party, etc.. I didn't see a single event posted from Management, Guides, or so called "Elite" members of the community.. Why not?  

With the resources available to Management and lack of using them is mind boggling and irresponsible in my point of view and to not take a more proactive role in disseminating pertinent news and information to that majority Home users which help to promote a Community environment.. Information tools which are blatantly neglected: Message of the Day, Theaters, Activity Boards, Banners, Posters, etc.  Again, these are all used as Marketing tools...

To be fair, they do post HCV (guide) events on the activity board all the time.  Also, the event you're talking about was not hosted by an HCV or by the Home Management Team.  It was posted by Julie_Love.  Julie and a lot of other very helpful and community minded forum-ers also post their events on the activity board on a regular basis.

I think that you just may have had the bad luck to see the activity board when it was in flux to a new week.  The board deletes events that have passed, and they must be re-posted each week.

The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear...

Message 30 of 61 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13188 posts

May 20, 2012

Tease3211 wrote:

Jimmy,

to be fair, "Happy Anniversary HCV's" and "Welcome to the Home Community/Digital Platforms Manger, Tempest_Fire" did not even have in-Home events associated with them, they are purely forum threads.

The Novus Prime party, you are correct though.  Even though it all kinda came together at the last minute (It wasn't even announced untill the day before the event!) we completely forgot to put it up in the Activity Board.  Our bad, dog! 

Get your Portable ID!

Follow @Tease3211 on Twitter and circle Tease3211 on Google+

lOl <-- I'm not laughing out loud, its a TIE Fighter!

...and remember, don't feed the trolls! :)

Hey that's the thread i created

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Message 31 of 61 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13188 posts

May 20, 2012

jimmynet wrote:

Tease,

Ok that's a correct statement and putting that information in the Message of the Day as an FYI I guess was not a consideration that people might want to know, like they would in the Forum. I infact am glad I saw that posted, I'll let others know that never come to the forum.

You also maybe be missing my point as to the lack of Communication with the majority of Home users that only see what they see on Home, since  disseminating pertinent "News and Information" is mostly (not always) outside of Home.

Shall I list all the notifications we got while in Home, that we got from the forums about downtime, maintenance, emergency reboots? Zero

Tease3211 wrote:

Jimmy,

to be fair, "Happy Anniversary HCV's" and "Welcome to the Home Community/Digital Platforms Manger, Tempest_Fire" did not even have in-Home events associated with them, they are purely forum threads.

The Novus Prime party, you are correct though.  Even though it all kinda came together at the last minute (It wasn't even announced untill the day before the event!) we completely forgot to put it up in the Activity Board.  Our bad, dog! 

Get your Portable ID!

...and remember, don't feed the trolls!

"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear..."

You already say that!

Message 32 of 61 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13188 posts

May 20, 2012

Tease3211 wrote:

Jimmy,

Now don't start complaining!

Message 33 of 61 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1940 posts

May 20, 2012

al2009man-

Tease missed my point so I pointed it out again..

al2009man wrote:

jimmynet wrote:

Get your Portable ID!

"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear..."

You already say that!

PhotobucketPhotobucket

The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear...

Message 34 of 61 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3271 posts

May 20, 2012

Welcome Back and good luck. I think the "regular" here prove your point. Your's and Jimmynet. No need to argue. If someone cant admit that the posters and banners on home are there only for marketing. That the message of the day invite you to spend more money but never warn you about downtime. The HCV can be seen on major event... wearing the new cool outfit soon to be available...  at club x7!!! I saw one guide at novus in 1 year, and beleive me i spent a lot of time there. Now let's be constructive, go on your quest and good luck.

Freedom is not the power to say no.
Real freedom is the power to say yes.

6EQUJ5 Do you copy?

co-founder
The Black Hat Squad/Black Hat Squadron/Novus Black Hats
Novus international elite force
Black Hats website
Black Hats on Facebook
Message 35 of 61 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3271 posts

May 21, 2012

al2009man wrote:

Tease3211 wrote:

Jimmy,

PhotobucketPhotobucket

You know what I like about you, Al?  You're pretty well informed about the goings on in Home.  How DO you manage that? 

Also that you always keep a good sense of humor handy!   

Message 36 of 61 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13188 posts

May 21, 2012

Tease3211 wrote:

al2009man wrote:

Tease3211 wrote:

Jimmy,

PhotobucketPhotobucket

You know what I like about you, Al?  You're pretty well informed about the goings on in Home.  How DO you manage that? 

Also that you always keep a good sense of humor handy!   

Get your Portable ID!

...and remember, don't feed the trolls! :)

Also my website hosting and stuff!

Message 37 of 61 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
359 posts

May 21, 2012

When you have an event, post it on the activity board if you want.  A session of a space holds how many people?  The bulk of the content on the activity board is people looking for?  Last I looked it wasn't community events.  Just posting info here, has had events being targeted by freezers.  Many of the events here are chances for forum members to do things together.  Even if you only read the forums, you are also a member, to all those that read only.

Remember the widely published aurora and other halloween events?  Remember how the public reacted to them?  The only way to have an event and include everyone, is directly through the home team.  Get it set up so going on any session, of their event space triggers the rewards. 

Attacking HCVs for not doing what you think, when you think, the way you think?  Second day back in a year, and you have enough info to soap box on home activism, and community.  I don't think they have Home elections, so what ever Home office your politicing on, is non existent.  You can talk to how many people, and suddenly have the pulse of the community in 2 days?

Surveys are only as good as their carefull non steering, but direct focused questions, how they get handled, and interpreted.  Asking random users open general questions, isn't useful for getting a concensus on any narrow issue or idea on anything ever.  Planting or steering the questions, isn't useful or usable user information.  The polls here are prime examples of how not to do surveys, typically.  The tepid response and votes most get, are beneficial?

Message 38 of 61 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3241 posts

May 21, 2012

Tease3211 wrote:

jordanm13 wrote:

you have to understand that these forums is not where the "average" user tends to come you need to be in  PlayStation®Home day in and day out.

Exactly the reason we need to spread the word about the blog to the "average" user, as it is the only official source for information about new releases!

Get your Portable ID!

Yet these blogs NEVER answer the questions about all of the issues we've been forced to accept (disconnects, freezing etc). They instead dangle carrots for the next new shiny object. This is what Home seems to continually ignore and I believe is a catalyst in the growing dissatisfaction overall. Instead of telling people what they should be reading, it might be a better idea to address the problems that they are asking first.

Message 39 of 61 (4 Views)
0 Likes