VP of Gaming
27004 posts

Re: PlayStation®Home After 3 Years!

May 20, 2012

jordanm13 wrote:

I do not want to get caught up on these forums, I have requested that I could speak with a few of the HCVs and none have responded back. If any of you can talk to me add me I would enjoy speaking with you all!

Check your messages on the XMB.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 20 of 61 (5 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
1105 posts

May 20, 2012

I have no desire to get caught up on here either.  Too many times I have seen threads turn ugly.  I just wanted to give my opinion and people can either agree or disagree on it, don't matter to me.  If you messaged HCVs on here, I did not get one from you.  If it was over the XMB on the PS3, I haven't signed in yet.  I'm not sure why you specifically want to speak with HCVs but if you just want some friendly conversation about Home, games or whatever I'd be happy to chat for a bit.

Message 21 of 61 (5 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
27004 posts

May 20, 2012

We just had a nice vist and chat. All's good

A very nice young man.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 22 of 61 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1940 posts

May 20, 2012

I couldn't agree with jordanm13 more!

The majority of the Home community DO NOT frequent; Forums, Pro Home website, Blogs, Twitter, Facebook, etc to fully keep on top of whats really happening with Home as a Community... They just come on "Home" and are only directed and/or informed by the people they meet, good or bad such as in a real world experience and the information presented to them by Leadership (management) while on "Home"..

Every successful community has Leadership.. The information that is presented on "Home only", and not the other venues listed above is 99% Marketing, selling you merchandise. Not about community, spirit, or team building...

Prime example: Where is this event listed on the Activity Board under Events? " Sink Conrad Max! Saturday, May 19th, 6PM PDT/9PM EDT"   ITS NOT! However, there are 52 other events posted: Looking for a a Friend, Join a Fam, Party, etc.. I didn't see a single event posted from Management, Guides, or so called "Elite" members of the community.. Why not?

With the resources available to Management and lack of using them is mind boggling and irresponsible in my point of view and to not take a more proactive role in disseminating pertinent news and information to that majority Home users which help to promote a Community environment.. Information tools which are blatantly neglected: Message of the Day, Theaters, Activity Boards, Banners, Posters, etc.  Again, these are all used as Marketing tools...

I hear a lot of talk about making this a "true community", when I hear that I think "sharing common values and has social cohesion". I really don't see this in action on Home that support this..

jordanm13 wrote:

Tease3211 wrote:

Welcome back!  Happy to hear you're willing to help spread the word and make a positive impact in the community.  The best tool we have for helping people find infomation about upcoming releases is the playstation blog's Home section: http://blog.us.playstation.com/tag/playstation-home/

I recommend refering people there!

Get your Portable ID!

Follow @Tease3211 on Twitter and circle Tease3211 on Google+

lOl <-- I'm not laughing out loud, its a TIE Fighter!

...and remember, don't feed the trolls!

With all respect, the tactic of refering people to a blog or a diffrent post doesnt work in my opinon you have to understand that these forums is not where the "average" user tends to come you need to be in  PlayStation®Home day in and day out. Im in PlayStation®Home right now discussing with people thier veiws on it!

The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear...

Message 23 of 61 (5 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
1862 posts

May 20, 2012

jimmynet wrote:

Prime example: Where is this event listed on the Activity Board under Events? " Sink Conrad Max! Saturday, May 19th, 6PM PDT/9PM EDT"   ITS NOT! However, there are 52 other events posted: Looking for a a Friend, Join a Fam, Party, etc.. I didn't see a single event posted from Management, Guides, or so called "Elite" members of the community.. Why not?  

With the resources available to Management and lack of using them is mind boggling and irresponsible in my point of view and to not take a more proactive role in disseminating pertinent news and information to that majority Home users which help to promote a Community environment.. Information tools which are blatantly neglected: Message of the Day, Theaters, Activity Boards, Banners, Posters, etc.  Again, these are all used as Marketing tools...

To be fair, they do post HCV (guide) events on the activity board all the time.  Also, the event you're talking about was not hosted by an HCV or by the Home Management Team.  It was posted by Julie_Love.  Julie and a lot of other very helpful and community minded forum-ers also post their events on the activity board on a regular basis.

I think that you just may have had the bad luck to see the activity board when it was in flux to a new week.  The board deletes events that have passed, and they must be re-posted each week.

Message 24 of 61 (5 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3127 posts

May 20, 2012

Jimmy,

to be fair, "Happy Anniversary HCV's" and "Welcome to the Home Community/Digital Platforms Manger, Tempest_Fire" did not even have in-Home events associated with them, they are purely forum threads.

The Novus Prime party, you are correct though.  Even though it all kinda came together at the last minute (It wasn't even announced untill the day before the event!) we completely forgot to put it up in the Activity Board.  Our bad, dog! 

Message 25 of 61 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1399 posts

May 20, 2012

user FAIL

Message 26 of 61 (5 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
1507 posts

May 20, 2012

I think thats where they should be also...i use the forums, but would love to see more HCV in home and the MODs too,used to be that you could SEE them in home,either through text or the gear they had on..its rare now unless you get invited to an event,that i actually see 1...its all good tho..i payit forward anyways and do most of my own investigating...i love home and most of its users,always have..always will,thx for your positive posts,appreciate that..glad your back,and KEEP COMMING BACK!..

Old Gamers Don't Die... They Re Spawn...
Message 27 of 61 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1940 posts

May 20, 2012

Tease,

Ok that's a correct statement and putting that information in the Message of the Day as an FYI I guess was not a consideration that people might want to know, like they would in the Forum. I infact am glad I saw that posted, I'll let others know that never come to the forum.

You also maybe be missing my point as to the lack of Communication with the majority of Home users that only see what they see on Home, since  disseminating pertinent "News and Information" is mostly (not always) outside of Home.

Shall I list all the notifications we got while in Home, that we got from the forums about downtime, maintenance, emergency reboots? Zero

Tease3211 wrote:

Jimmy,

to be fair, "Happy Anniversary HCV's" and "Welcome to the Home Community/Digital Platforms Manger, Tempest_Fire" did not even have in-Home events associated with them, they are purely forum threads.

The Novus Prime party, you are correct though.  Even though it all kinda came together at the last minute (It wasn't even announced untill the day before the event!) we completely forgot to put it up in the Activity Board.  Our bad, dog! 

Get your Portable ID!

Follow @Tease3211 on Twitter and circle Tease3211 on Google+

lOl <-- I'm not laughing out loud, its a TIE Fighter!

...and remember, don't feed the trolls!

The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear...

Message 28 of 61 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
348 posts

May 20, 2012

boobinz wrote:

I think thats where they should be also...i use the forums, but would love to see more HCV in home and the MODs too,used to be that you could SEE them in home,either through text or the gear they had on..its rare now unless you get invited to an event,that i actually see 1...its all good tho..i payit forward anyways and do most of my own investigating...i love home and most of its users,always have..always will,thx for your positive posts,appreciate that..glad your back,and KEEP COMMING BACK!..

KILLZONE 3 ROCKS!......

I appreciate it!

T.A.G President
Message 29 of 61 (5 Views)
0 Likes