Hekseville Citizen
348 posts

Re: PlayStation®Home After 3 Years!

May 20, 2012

SpdrGrl09 wrote:

jordanm13 wrote:

Tease3211 wrote:

Welcome back!  Happy to hear you're willing to help spread the word and make a positive impact in the community.  The best tool we have for helping people find infomation about upcoming releases is the playstation blog's Home section: http://blog.us.playstation.com/tag/playstation-home/

I recommend refering people there!

Get your Portable ID!

Follow @Tease3211 on Twitter and circle Tease3211 on Google+

lOl <-- I'm not laughing out loud, its a TIE Fighter!

...and remember, don't feed the trolls!

With all respect, the tactic of refering people to a blog or a diffrent post doesnt work in my opinon you have to understand that these forums is not where the "average" user tends to come you need to be in  PlayStation®Home day in and day out. Im in PlayStation®Home right now discussing with people thier veiws on it!

With all due respect I beg to differ on that.  I'm not jumping to anyone's defense.  I'm speaking from personal experience.  When I first went on Home back in June 2009 I was about as clueless as any noob.  I don't remember how or who gave me the links but I found out about Home updates on the blog, mall releases and rewards listed at alphazone4 and these forums.  I bookmarked all 3 and referred to them pretty much every day.  What info I found by visiting all 3 sites I passed along to others in Home.  Quite a few times I was asked if I worked for Sony because I would at times go into detail about how to get rewards or what came or what is no longer available.  And this was WAY before I ever became a HCV.

I'm on Home every single day and if anyone asks me about what's new or what is coming out or they want to know how to get a specific reward I type out a link for them to go to and I tell them to be sure to mark it for future reference.  I give them the info they ask for if I know it but whether or not I do, I still type out the link(s).

And it's true that the average user doesn't use these forums but we're trying to change that and get the word out as much as possible.  These forums were a tremendous help to me 3 years ago when I first went on Home and they continue to be a tremendous help.  The average user can't always depend on running into someone nice enough to take the time to answer what questions they may have.  Hopefully they bookmark the links and pay it forward by helping the next noob/average user who comes along.

If it helped you then it helped you, me if someone was to give me a link instead of taking the time to guide me through something I feel left out. If someone was to ask me where they could buy a certain item or where they can play a certain game I would show them myself instead of sending them a link. These forums are helpful, but at the same time they are aggravating. this post wasnt meant to help people know about whats happening on the blog, I made this post so they can have questions answered in PlayStation®Home as well.

T.A.G President
Message 10 of 61 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
348 posts

May 20, 2012

Tease3211 wrote:

jordanm13 wrote:

you have to understand that these forums is not where the "average" user tends to come you need to be in  PlayStation®Home day in and day out.

Exactly the reason we need to spread the word about the blog to the "average" user, as it is the only official source for information about new releases!

Get your Portable ID!

...and remember, don't feed the trolls! :)

There needs to be more that just a blog as a offical source for users. Anyway this is not what I made this post for to be attacked by HCVs.

T.A.G President
Message 11 of 61 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
134 posts

May 20, 2012

I have been on home since the closed  beta, but you can see I only recently started posting, and limited at that. The main reason is that there seems to be a lot of hyper emotional posting here and that if you say something that may seem out of place, you get called a troll. I once made a joke about over using a term on the forum, just a light hearted attempt to lighten the mood, and I was called many, many unpleasant things. There are a lot of good people on here, but I think to find more mass acceptance of this forum, a lot of people, including some regulars, need to have  lot more respect for the average poster and not be so attack oriented. Otherwise this is a good place.

Message 12 of 61 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
348 posts

May 20, 2012

PAOLO_IS_KING wrote:

I have been on home since the closed  beta, but you can see I only recently started posting, and limited at that. The main reason is that there seems to be a lot of hyper emotional posting here and that if you say something that may seem out of place, you get called a troll. I once made a joke about over using a term on the forum, just a light hearted attempt to lighten the mood, and I was called many, many unpleasant things. There are a lot of good people on here, but I think to find more mass acceptance of this forum, a lot of people, including some regulars, need to have  lot more respect for the average poster and not be so attack oriented. Otherwise this is a good place.

I agree!

T.A.G President
Message 13 of 61 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
134 posts

May 20, 2012

We need more of a team spirit here.

Message 14 of 61 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3264 posts

May 20, 2012

jordanm13 wrote:

Tease3211 wrote:

jordanm13 wrote:

you have to understand that these forums is not where the "average" user tends to come you need to be in  PlayStation®Home day in and day out.

Exactly the reason we need to spread the word about the blog to the "average" user, as it is the only official source for information about new releases!

Get your Portable ID!

...and remember, don't feed the trolls! :)

There needs to be more that just a blog as a offical source for users. Anyway this is not what I made this post for to be attacked by HCVs.

Nobody is attacking you, dear.  It was just a suggestion.  Sorry if my intent was min-interpreted.

Message 15 of 61 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
348 posts

May 20, 2012

PAOLO_IS_KING wrote:

We need more of a team spirit here.

Its users like you that I want to help get the infromation that they deserve! I feel that if I speak loud enough my voice will be heard! If you can put a 20$ PSN card in your account and spend it on PlayStation®Home then you deserve to know everything that anyone else knows!

T.A.G President
Message 16 of 61 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1108 posts

May 20, 2012

jordanm13 wrote:

If it helped you then it helped you, me if someone was to give me a link instead of taking the time to guide me through something I feel left out. If someone was to ask me where they could buy a certain item or where they can play a certain game I would show them myself instead of sending them a link. These forums are helpful, but at the same time they are aggravating. this post wasnt meant to help people know about whats happening on the blog, I made this post so they can have questions answered in PlayStation®Home as well.

I DO take the time to guide people if I have time.  For the most part I do have the time.  Now that I'm a HCV there may be more times when I don't because of other obligations.  I have even offered my help in getting someone a reward item be it helping with a quest or playing a game. 

There was a time a few months ago at Konami where one girl walked up to another girl wearing rabbit ears and asked where she got them.  I'm not sure what answer she gave but I think she said it was a reward item from one of the Midway spaces.  I saw the conversation going on and knew the other girl was lying because I have the same set of rabbit ears.  I PMed the girl asking the question and told her it was a mall item and is in one of the stores but I couldn't remember which one.  She started walking around till she found me and she asked if the other girl lied and I told her 'yes'.  I even told her to stay put while I went in navigator and find exactly what store those ears were in.  When I came out of the store I gave her the name of the store, what section and even the price.  She was so happy and thanked me for taking the time to find them.  I'm pretty sure I gave her the link to alphazone4 as a lot of times as soon as I help someone they run off happy to get the answer to their question.  But we stood around a chatted for a couple of minutes or so till one of us had to leave.  Not sure if it was her or me.

The above example is only 1 out of countless other times that I would go to such lengths to help people but I still give links because of people like the girl that lied.  Too many times I have seen other Home users send noobs on wild goose chases when asked where or how to get a specific item they are wearing. 

To each their own on how they help others.  I have my way.  You have yours.  We may have different ways of helping.  The main thing is that we do something to help.  That's what community is about.  Helping each other.

Message 17 of 61 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
134 posts

May 20, 2012

Tease3211

I would actually like to see more HCV's here like you, you guys bring a good ballance and sense of Home pride and genuine help. It ballances out some of the frequent posters that are heavy on the negativity.

Message 18 of 61 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
348 posts

May 20, 2012

I do not want to get caught up on these forums, I have requested that I could speak with a few of the HCVs and none have responded back. If any of you can talk to me add me I would enjoy speaking with you all!

T.A.G President
Message 19 of 61 (3 Views)
0 Likes