nDreams Developer
514 posts

Re: PlayStation Home 1.70 Patch Notes

Sep 11, 2012

Digitman3 wrote:
 Looks like they just might be putting a whole new spin on OrbRunner.  Looks like breaking 2200 could be a reality if that's the case.  Smiley Happy

Sorry to dissapoint for the moment Digitman...other Aurora news coming soon but we shall save that for another day :-) Today is about 1.70!

nDreams Digital Product Manager

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/ndreamers
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/joeydale13
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ndreamers
Message 11 of 55 (680 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

Sep 11, 2012

nDreams_Joey wrote:

Digitman3 wrote:
 Looks like they just might be putting a whole new spin on OrbRunner.  Looks like breaking 2200 could be a reality if that's the case.  Smiley Happy

Sorry to dissapoint for the moment Digitman...other Aurora news coming soon but we shall save that for another day :-) Today is about 1.70!

On a side note, about tomorrows update.

Saw on my Facebook dashboard, about BoxBeats.

Can you give us a pricing on that item please?

Message 12 of 55 (653 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
118 posts

Sep 11, 2012
Boy, there are gonna be alot of ignored/blocked avi's running around home soon. Lol!!! Keep the good work guys!

Falconn24
Message 13 of 55 (649 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Sep 11, 2012

This may have a fix for freezing. Lets hope it does and then public events will be possible again.

Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 55 (647 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Sep 11, 2012

pyrodragon5 wrote:

Ignore and Block

We have added some small features to the Ignore or Block function.

• If you ignore or block a player you will no longer see any emotes they perform.
  • The ignored or blocked avatar is kept a bit further away from your avatar.
  • The ignored or blocked avatar will be faced away from you when they are close.
  • “Ignored” or “Blocked” will be displayed under the name label of a player that you have ignored or blocked.

IT FINALLY HAPPENED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE FINALLY GOT IT!!!!!!!!

not exactly what we asked for but it sounds effective enough Smiley Very Happy

im also liking the moving of the camera to the emotes section and the animated items sounds cool Smiley Very Happy

Yes it's long overdue. Thank you Home Team. 

Message 15 of 55 (647 Views)
Sackboy
269 posts

Sep 11, 2012

Miss_Ann_Thrope wrote:
I like the ignore/block option but I have a question: does the ignored/blocked avatar get any indication that they have been ignored as we do. It seems so given the new "shunning" feature but I don't know.

It may seem rude but I think an avatar should be aware if they have been blocked or ignored. The affected avi would just give up (if they knew better) and it might prevent unnecessary escalations that would lead to reportings or worse.

I was typing the same concerns (almost word-for-word) as @Miss_Ann_Thrope... I have always wondered if I ignore someone (which I have used in the past) are they aware they've been ignored? Also, sometimes people do things to an avatar to get a reaction not only from the intended victim, but so everyone around the victim is subject to their actions...

Will this new feature that makes them stay "a bit further away" and "be faced away from you" also affect what other non-involved Avis see? In other words, when I ignore "Troll A" does innocent "Bystander B" also see "Troll A" struggling to get close to me? And does "Troll A" actually have trouble getting close or does it just affect what I see?

The reason I ask is, if I ignore someone, I don't want them "having their way" with my Avi for everyone else to see while I am blissfully unaware of their continued harassment... I would rather not blind myself if that's the case...?

Message 16 of 55 (635 Views)
Highlighted
MVP Support
9307 posts

Sep 11, 2012

Nice update im surely that many will take advantage of those new features using the camera and a companion is nice as for the animtation options i wonder if we can buy custom move's or something without the need to use a special costume the blocking option is good many of the problems on home was because an avatar always did those dance's on the females at least that is in the past now anyway thanks for the update.

KANE-FIRE

Message 17 of 55 (629 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2432 posts

Sep 11, 2012

nDreams_Joey wrote:

Looking forward to seeing this in use by everyone .

It's a great update everyone. Gives us developers some extra tools to create some awesome items for you. We have some in the pipeline based around this update and will share details ASAP (hopefully next week).

Joe

Will we be seeing a freebie of these new animated items to get us hooked? Just a suggestion... Smiley Wink

Photobucket
Message 18 of 55 (578 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Sep 11, 2012

New animations associated with our actual avatars will be sweet. 

Message 19 of 55 (565 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
609 posts

Sep 11, 2012

Hopefully this will allow for some desperately needed new dance moves. Also some new walk/run animations.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 20 of 55 (537 Views)
0 Likes