Fender Bender
2949 posts

Re: A few unanswered questions about Home patch 1.75

Jan 25, 2013

the cache is what the system uses to load a space faster. the same as  your computer. it will cache the page/space so it does not have to fully download until it is deleted or pushed out by other pages/aspaces

BEWARE OF THE SPEEDING WHITE SAUSAGE!!!!!
mercia comic here --> http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home-General/duty-to-the-spirit-mercia-comic/m-p/37428903/thread-id/1089731/highlight/false
Message 161 of 189 (319 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
16264 posts

Jan 25, 2013

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

harley7 wrote:

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

ProfessorTripp wrote:
Who said anything about the cache being removed?

It's not going to happen.

Why would there be a cache when our apartments and our apartments lay outs are going to be saved on the PSN server?  Our Avatars will now be on the PSN server.  Game saves will now be on the Sony server.  The only way a cache can work the right way is if we have parts of Home saved on our PS3's.

Or as GW said it...

• Once the transfer is complete Home will only read save data from the Home Servers. As such any backup data or saved data you may have on another PS3 will no longer be accessible.

save data is the apartment layout and your profile, it is not the data for the spaces themsleves.

Harley, can you back up anything you just said with any type of fact?  GW said "Once the transfer is complete Home will only read save data from the Home Servers" no where did he said that the cache is going to stay.  So you and the rest of us can only assume that its going to stay. 

Not to be rude, but I didn't make this post to talk to you.  Every time I say anything you seem to think it's to you.  I made the post to get unanswereds questions from people who work for Sony. 

just wait til the patch is out then you will see.

Message 162 of 189 (306 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 25, 2013

harley7 wrote:

Then I'll see?  I've just spend two pages trying to explain to you what a cache is.  I've got nothing back for it.  All your assuming is this cache thing that I'm talking about will still be in Home even thoe the way GW put it does not sound like it will be.

You also didn't know what a PSN code is

Or where the PS store is.

Or that there are rewards that you can win using PS3 games.

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Message 163 of 189 (298 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1549 posts

Jan 25, 2013
Looks like the 15 minute load time is back, just to get on Home.
BannerFans.com
Message 164 of 189 (284 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Jan 25, 2013

oldcatsrock wrote:
Looks like the 15 minute load time is back, just to get on Home.

The update is not out yet...  You might want to post that info somewhere it might be more helpful..

GAPHome

General

Message 165 of 189 (282 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
443 posts

Jan 25, 2013

Patch doesn't come out until Jan.30th, next Wednesday.

So is it taking people over 15 minutes to load Home now for everybody here, or only a few?

Message 166 of 189 (267 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Jan 25, 2013

KyIeHyde wrote:

So is it taking people over 15 minutes to load Home now for everybody here, or only a few?

Like I said seeing how it does not have to do with the upcoming update it should have a post of it's own.  It's a good post a lot of people should know about that bug.  But it's just to off-topic for this subject.

GAPHome

General

Message 167 of 189 (262 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
443 posts

Jan 25, 2013

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

KyIeHyde wrote:

Like I said seeing how it does not have to do with the upcoming update it should have a post of it's own.  It's a good post a lot of people should know about that bug.  But it's just to off-topic for this subject.

Wait, what are you talking about?

The patch or the 15 minute thing?

Message 168 of 189 (256 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
16264 posts

Jan 25, 2013

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

harley7 wrote:

Then I'll see?  I've just spend two pages trying to explain to you what a cache is.  I've got nothing back for it.  All your assuming is this cache thing that I'm talking about will still be in Home even thoe the way GW put it does not sound like it will be.

You also didn't know what a PSN code is

Or where the PS store is.

Or that there are rewards that you can win using PS3 games.

lolz, you are clueless, sorry to say. some of your questions made no sense. i know what the cache, how it is used and nowhere in the patch notes does it say anything about removing it. i have the batman apartment, i have the pixel jink shooter yellow outfit, i have the rdr rewards too and also the dragons lair arcade console. i know where the store is and nowhere in the patch notes did it mention the removal of the store from the xmb. so you keep refreshing this thread and see if someone from sony responds to you.

Message 169 of 189 (240 Views)
Lombax Warrior
210 posts

Re: PlaySta​tion Home 1.75 Patch Notes

Jan 25, 2013

I hope this will improve home and hopefulle less error, and im sure now many people have accounts with clothes from japan and dance moves from europe home for get this u have to use hack or something, this will now sony see and u cant make merge outfit , i see this is big improvements so people cant hack files anymore and hopefulle we will not frezze so much anymore, 

so i think there are many people with hack accouts afraid for this new patch, im sure sony will see easy now who have a clean accounts same it will be with glitch if u have appartments full of glitch i recomend u remove it. 

Peoplw with hack accounts like japan clothes i think will get account deleted, 

and with pluss i like what i see i have pluss member in 3 accounts i liked this with save online and automatic upload and download updates when u slepp, and im gad it pays to be pluss member  hope it will be more different between people spend money in home and people with a default avatar, 

celina

Message 170 of 189 (215 Views)
0 Likes