Fender Bender
2949 posts

Re: Home Patch Question

Jan 24, 2013

you will download it automatically when you log onto home once it goes live

BEWARE OF THE SPEEDING WHITE SAUSAGE!!!!!
mercia comic here --> http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home-General/duty-to-the-spirit-mercia-comic/m-p/37428903/thread-id/1089731/highlight/false
Message 141 of 189 (222 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5406 posts

Jan 24, 2013
It won't be available until the 30th.
Message 142 of 189 (219 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
44 posts

Jan 24, 2013
Do U Know When it goes live?
Message 143 of 189 (217 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Jan 24, 2013

JTROCKS96 wrote:
Do U Know When it goes live?

Looking at next Thursday I believe (Subject to change) .  http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home/INFO-Home-1-75-Patch-Notes/m-p/39367397#U393...

HomeStationMagazine
Message 144 of 189 (205 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Re: PlaySta​tion Home 1.75 Patch Notes

Jan 24, 2013

a1557851 wrote:
What's the use of cache if it's not stored locally.

What are you talking about?

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Message 145 of 189 (242 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
16264 posts

Re: A few unanswered questions about Home patch 1.75

Jan 24, 2013

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

harley7 wrote:

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

1. "Once the transfer is complete Home will only read save data from the Home Servers. As such any backup data or saved data you   may have on another PS3 will no longer be accessible."

• What about PSN codes will they still work?  Ex:  The codes that Hevywater use to give out. ?? those 12 digit alpha/numeric codes?PSN code.jpg
  • What about the PSN store will that still work?  (not the one in Home) what?
  • How about game unlockables?  EX: The Bat cave from the batman game or any of these games. thats a reward item, no change so it will work
  • Does this mean that "EVERY" space we goto we are going to have download now?  Right now we have a Cache that can speed things up when we go back to a space that we just recently went to. no change, you will have to dl the 60kb apartment layout
  • Are we going to have longer load times for things like our private apartments? it has to load a 60kb file, if you use dila up then yes

2.  "The number of character save slots for PlayStation Plus members has been doubled from 24 to 48."

• Am I the only one here that see's this going from "character save slots" to more "saves slots in your appartement"
  • I'm still a little upset that we now have Locomotions that let you run faster.  The top speed of our Avatarts has been one of the top  complaints on Home Closed and Open beta's.  So when ever there are complaints is going to fix it by maken us buy a fix to the problem?  This is a beta Sony...

It does not sound as if you know what your talking about.

1. The PSN Store:  You know on your XMB under PlayStation®Network the PlayStation®Store? no idea what you mean, the psn store leaving?

2. My next question was on unlockables on PS3 games and you answered by saying "thats a reward item, no change so it will work

No change?  How about no Home items will be saved on our PS3's any more.  If you already won that item yes your all set.  But if

You didn't win it yet?  When you win things in a PS3 the info is saved on your PS3.  So how does that data get from your PS3 to

Home?  With no upload??? home rewards are already hosted by sony

3. When I asked about download all spaces and apartments then you said.  "no change, you will have to dl the 60kb

apartment layout"  YES!  There is obviously a change!  Do you know what cache is?  A collection of items of the same type

stored in a hidden or inaccessible place.  What does this have to do with Home?  It's easy cache is a shortcut it saves parts

of the webpage or in Home part of the space in order to save time downloading it.  But remember what GW said?  Now nothing

will be saved on our PS3's so the "cache" shortcut will no longer be there to speed things up.  = longer download times.

4. Next question was about longer downloads you answered by saying "it has to load a 60kb file, if you use dila up then yes" You 

know how when you goto a new space that you have never been to before it takes longer to download?  But, other spaces that

you goto all the time load right up?  Remember that little thing that I was talking about called "cache"?  Everthing space is going

to be like that space that takes forever to load now. no, the apartment layouts are going to be hosted by sony, they are around 60kb the spaces themselves are 30mb in some cases, if youve already been then you have already downloaded it.

Message 146 of 189 (238 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Survivor
1630 posts

Jan 24, 2013

update_20130130_img01.jpgupdate_20130130_img02.jpgupdate_20130130_img03.jpgupdate_20130130_img04.jpgupdate_20130130_img05.jpgupdate_20130130_img06.jpgupdate_20130130_img07.jpg

photo l_1ac92e40c72f428cb2c1ab1d6c3930c5-1-1.jpg
Message 147 of 189 (221 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 24, 2013

harley7 wrote:

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

harley7 wrote:

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

1. "Once the transfer is complete Home will only read save data from the Home Servers. As such any backup data or saved data you   may have on another PS3 will no longer be accessible."

• What about PSN codes will they still work?  Ex:  The codes that Hevywater use to give out. ?? those 12 digit alpha/numeric codes?PSN code.jpg
  • What about the PSN store will that still work?  (not the one in Home) what?
  • How about game unlockables?  EX: The Bat cave from the batman game or any of these games. thats a reward item, no change so it will work
  • Does this mean that "EVERY" space we goto we are going to have download now?  Right now we have a Cache that can speed things up when we go back to a space that we just recently went to. no change, you will have to dl the 60kb apartment layout
  • Are we going to have longer load times for things like our private apartments? it has to load a 60kb file, if you use dila up then yes

2.  "The number of character save slots for PlayStation Plus members has been doubled from 24 to 48."

• Am I the only one here that see's this going from "character save slots" to more "saves slots in your appartement"
  • I'm still a little upset that we now have Locomotions that let you run faster.  The top speed of our Avatarts has been one of the top  complaints on Home Closed and Open beta's.  So when ever there are complaints is going to fix it by maken us buy a fix to the problem?  This is a beta Sony...

It does not sound as if you know what your talking about.

1. The PSN Store:  You know on your XMB under PlayStation®Network the PlayStation®Store? no idea what you mean,

the psn store leaving?

• Harley7, your killing me here.  For a long time now you have been able to go into the PSN store and buy games, movies and even things for Home.  There is not a lot of things in the PSN store for Home but if you ask around other people will also tell you the same thing.

2. My next question was on unlockables on PS3 games and you answered by saying "thats a reward item, no change so

it will work"  No change?  How about no Home items will be saved on our PS3's any more.  If you already won that item

yes your all set.  But if You didn't win it yet?  When you win things in a PS3 the info is saved on your PS3.  So how does

that  data get from your PS3 to Home?  With no upload??? home rewards are already hosted by sony

• You are not reading what I'm typeing.  YES!!!  Home rewards ARE on the Sony servers already.  Are we talking about Home rewards?  NO!!!  Once again please check out this link I'm given you ---> [click here for link]  If you see these are not Home games but real PS3 games that also offer items ...
  • Bottom line the rewards that I'm talking about right now are not already hosted by Sony becuse they come with a PS3 game not a game that's inside of Home.
  • The way it works right now is you buy the game you win the item once you do that next time you log-on to Home it's uploaded to Home.  The new probelm with that is what GW said that all items will now be saved on the PSN server and they will no longer let items be uploaded to there servers.  To me this sounds like Sony is given up on rewards in PS3 games and if you have not unlocked them yet "TO BAD"

3. When I asked about download all spaces and apartments then you said.  "no change, you will have to dl the 60kb

apartment layout"  YES!  There is obviously a change!  Do you know what cache is?  A collection of items of the same type

stored in a hidden or inaccessible place.  What does this have to do with Home?  It's easy cache is a shortcut it

saves parts of the webpage or in Home part of the space in order to save time downloading it.  But remember what

GW said?  Now nothing

will be saved on our PS3's so the "cache" shortcut will no longer be there to speed things up.  = longer download times.

4. Next question was about longer downloads you answered by saying "it has to load a 60kb file, if you use dila up then yes"

You know how when you goto a new space that you have never been to before it takes longer to download? 

But, other spaces that you goto all the time load right up?  Remember that little thing that I was talking about

called   "cache"?  Everthing space is going to be like that space that takes forever to load now.

no, the apartment layouts are going to be hosted by sony, they are around 60kb the spaces themselves are 30mb in

some cases, if youve already been then you have already downloaded it.

• Now you are just confusing your self.  I really don't think you understand what word "cache" means.  Right now my apartments and my apartment lay outs as well as some of the places in Home I visit a lot are all saved in my cache. 
  • Remember before I told you that cache is a shortcut.  Another example is this webpage your PC knows that you come to this site a lot and saved all the pic's are this page so you don't have to re-download them the next time you come here.  Why?  That saves time.  So as I was saying my apartments and there lay outs are all saved on my cache and it now takes a lot less time for them to load.
  • Now that Sony is going to fix that and "if" our cache also goes then this means longer load times for most spaces in Home.

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Message 148 of 189 (213 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1015 posts

Re: What will happen to our regional accounts with update 1.75?

Jan 24, 2013

I had answered this question earlier but just in case people out there are thinking I'm BS'ing, here you go...

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home/INFO-Home-1-75-Patch-Notes/m-p/39367397#U393...

Read carefully so you don't miss it.

Message 149 of 189 (194 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5406 posts

Jan 24, 2013
Who said anything about the cache being removed?

It's not going to happen.
Message 150 of 189 (187 Views)
0 Likes