Fender Bender
2692 posts

Re: PlaySta​tion Home 1.75 Patch Notes

Jan 24, 2013
Wait, hair color? Didn't we already have that...? *stares at how most of my male avvys are brunettes while most of my female avvys are redheads*

A very (very) basic LBP level... by me. http://lbp.me/v/pj9eqq
(PS: Blank Friend Requests WILL be deleted!)
Message 121 of 189 (299 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
443 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 24, 2013

ipwnzj00 wrote:

Glad to see this thread desolve into debating the symantics of the word "free."

We all know what the person meant when they say "free." We all know it's not really "free." Get over it.

It's 'dissolve'. Not 'desolve'.

'Semantics'

Not 'symantics'

You are enlightened now.

You pretentious little know-it-all.

Anyway, I think adding more perks for Home by being subscribed as a PS+ member was a good idea. Should give more incentive for people to buy into the service, and also check out the rest of the freebies and discounts that have been overlooked for all things related to the PS3 like games and avatars for example.

Really think they could of used a different perk than the ones presented. The color picker and extra save slots looks more like it should have be shared to everybody.

Oh and one more thing,

You're basically renting these perks. Once your PS+ subscription is over, it's gone. You don't keep it. So my question is, what will happen to those extra save slots? Will they be stored or deleted after?

Message 122 of 189 (264 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
143 posts

Jan 24, 2013

KyIeHyde wrote:

ipwnzj00 wrote:

Glad to see this thread desolve into debating the symantics of the word "free."

We all know what the person meant when they say "free." We all know it's not really "free." Get over it.

It's 'dissolve'. Not 'desolve'.

'Semantics'

Not 'symantics'

You are enlightened now.

You pretentious little know-it-all.

Even when we agree you try to fight with me. Although I do thank you for correcting me, don't really know what I was thinking with the spelling.

I'm actually still waiting on that thesis from X, so I'm still not "enlightened" as it were.

And your ad hominem does you no credit. It's a shame you've resorted to it.

Message 123 of 189 (235 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
4236 posts

Jan 24, 2013
I like the change in friends spaces, something we have been asking for since the beginning, bow it will happen, but to have to pay for more save slots? Well i think im going to be happy with everything ive purchased and be like most of the newer home users, and stop dumping anymore money into home, and enjoy the free part of it. Its just not worth it anymore. I am going to let my wallet speak for me. This core update has spoken to how we are valued and id rather put money into dlc i can enjoy for many years down the roadthan A BETA 4+ years old that will always be broken.
Message 124 of 189 (230 Views)
Lombax Warrior
96 posts

Jan 24, 2013

evilfluffybunny wrote:

ipwnzj00 wrote:

I guess nobody will ever be satisfied with what Sony does. That is ultimately what it comes down to.

You can disguise this as a big screw up on their part if you want, but I bet 90% of the people complaining about the colour options never cared about it before this was announced. They just heard you can gain more, but only if you pay, and this somehow surprises you?

If we never paid for home we would all be running around in defaults and ad shirts, so why is the concept of PS+ Subscribers getting more surprising? I think it's good that they're getting more, right now there aren't very many benefits to PS+ on Home.

I say this as somebody who has no intention of subscribing to the service by the way.

Oh, but of course, I don't hate Sony, so I must be a "sheep."

^^ And this is the attitude that I can't stand.

Just so you know, I requested the custom colors feature, when Home was just starting out. In fact, I made more than one reuqest about that. So if I want to be **bleep** off about not being able to use it and give my opinion, after making more than 1 request for the feature, I sure as hell can and will. I actually care about the feature, hence why I would suggest it and I want to be able to use it, without having to cough up $50.

You can buy 3 months of plus for 17.99 why do you think you need 50$ ?

Message 125 of 189 (191 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
443 posts

Jan 24, 2013

IMSOBRAINDEAD wrote:

evilfluffybunny wrote:

ipwnzj00 wrote:

I guess nobody will ever be satisfied with what Sony does. That is ultimately what it comes down to.

You can disguise this as a big screw up on their part if you want, but I bet 90% of the people complaining about the colour options never cared about it before this was announced. They just heard you can gain more, but only if you pay, and this somehow surprises you?

If we never paid for home we would all be running around in defaults and ad shirts, so why is the concept of PS+ Subscribers getting more surprising? I think it's good that they're getting more, right now there aren't very many benefits to PS+ on Home.

I say this as somebody who has no intention of subscribing to the service by the way.

Oh, but of course, I don't hate Sony, so I must be a "sheep."

^^ And this is the attitude that I can't stand.

Just so you know, I requested the custom colors feature, when Home was just starting out. In fact, I made more than one reuqest about that. So if I want to be **bleep** off about not being able to use it and give my opinion, after making more than 1 request for the feature, I sure as hell can and will. I actually care about the feature, hence why I would suggest it and I want to be able to use it, without having to cough up $50.

You can buy 3 months of plus for 17.99 why do you think you need 50$ ?

Well, that's because a year subscription for $49.99 is the better option than just 3 months for $17.99.

That's what they want you to think, and it definitely works.

Message 126 of 189 (340 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2672 posts

Jan 24, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

SORROW-83 wrote:

So if we want a complete real home improvement we MUST give sony 50$?

"home is a free service".....wat a BS!

Get used to it. It appears this is the direction we are headed in. I'm tired of arguing with Home Management relative to issues like this. Core features should be for everyone. This is extremely disappointing and I suspect this is only the start of what is to come.

We've debated this issue ad nauseum in threads like the theater rope and disussions of what real loyalty programs should be about.

One thing I know is that I'm not going to get plus so I'll just have to suck it up and do without these features many of us have been asking for such a long time.

Be prepared for more of the same as time goes by. 

Just very disappointing. It's certainly becoming all about the money and I'm certainly not happy about it. 

I have PLUS however I am more than sympathetic with your post.

"As far as I go, As far as I know, I always got a place called Home." - Tiga & memories

Message 127 of 189 (332 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
443 posts

Jan 24, 2013

Message 128 of 189 (329 Views)
Fender Bender
2672 posts

Jan 24, 2013

KarateChampChad wrote:
I blame the big spenders for the new features that you have to pay for to access. The dev teams learned people will buy ANYTHING, including a Plus subscription just for some hair colors and save slots. Smiley Indifferent

Whoa! Don't blame "big spenders". (I don't know if I'm considered one, btw.) 

And whilst I have a PLUS subscription I didn't putchase it "just for some hair colors and save slots". You're blaming the wrong people. Complain against SONY. The "big spenders" may well agree with you on a lot of things.

United we stand, dev-ided (sic) we fail (sic). 

"As far as I go, As far as I know, I always got a place called Home." - Tiga & memories

Message 129 of 189 (327 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
443 posts

Jan 24, 2013

Kid_Fleetfoot wrote:

KarateChampChad wrote:
I blame the big spenders for the new features that you have to pay for to access. The dev teams learned people will buy ANYTHING, including a Plus subscription just for some hair colors and save slots. Smiley Indifferent

Whoa! Don't blame "big spenders". (I don't know if I'm considered one, btw.) 

And whilst I have a PLUS subscription I didn't putchase it "just for some hair colors and save slots". You're blaming the wrong people. Complain against SONY. The "big spenders" may well agree with you on a lot of things.

United we stand, dev-ided (sic) we fail (sic). 

No, Chad isn't wrong on this. But he isn't right either.

The big spenders are the biggest contributors for keeping Home alive.

Yet they are also a big problem for allowing more marketing schemes for the profit business marketers and managers to enable them to create and continue schemes like these.

Message 130 of 189 (322 Views)
0 Likes