Nov 17 2011
By: RyanEsau Splicer 63 posts

Pier Park vs Central Plaza

27 replies 283 views Edited Nov 17, 2011

I just got on the PlayStation Home like 2 days ago because I recieved a email from PlayStation Network about the Uncharted 3 Drake's Reception Event on Home and I wanted to play and beat all 10 Challenges(Current:8/10 need to get 60% Accucary on 2 Waves) but sometime today my sister told me how they changed PS Home like completey and I noticed,My Favorites are gone(WTF),Central Plaza is also gone and was replaced with this so called "Pier Park"(UBER WTF),which is uncool because I prefer Central Plaza over this Pier Park,Why? Well lemme list a few reasons off the top of my head...

1.Dance Area was nicer and you could vote for next song.

2.It was my favorite hang out it was fun and I loved glitching onto the bench with my friends.

3.It was much bigger if you think about it.

4.Pier Park is smaller(Basically reason 3 but w/e) and I like Central Plaza is better

5.I also loved hanging out around the nice foundtain

6.Also liked how the Building/Shortcut to Harbor Studio

7.Also liked how the when you exited Harbor Studio it leads you too Central Plaza(Shortcut)

So there you have it I prefer Central Plaza over this smaller/boring Pier Park so I think Pier Park should be removed and restore Central Plaza or at least put back Central Plaza and leave Pier Park.

Anyway,I just wanted your guys thoughts(Not you newbie PS Home players who just started and don't even know what Central Plaza is talking/refering too Veteran PS Home players like me that been playing sense the beginning/almost the beginning or at least played Central Plaza alot when it was around.)

Please don't just post to troll like saying "YOURE WRONG" "YOURE STUPID" "WHAT CENTRAL PLAZA?" etc.

Message 1 of 28 (283 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
18 posts

Re: Pier Park vs Central Plaza

Nov 17, 2011

i like Pier Park. i'm a sucker for ferris wheels. unfortunately like Central Plaza, the pervy and horny teenage (and adult) avatar stalkers are running wild. to the perverts, try going outside and meet real people for god sakes.

anyway, Pier Park for me.

Message 2 of 28 (283 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
63 posts

Nov 17, 2011

Otaku_Girl_83 wrote:

i like Pier Park. i'm a sucker for ferris wheels. unfortunately like Central Plaza, the pervy and horny teenage (and adult) avatar stalkers are running wild. to the perverts, try going outside and meet real people for god sakes.

anyway, Pier Park for me.

Yeah,fun to just sit and watch your avatar ride the ferris wheel,it's ok I guess if you invite a friend because it's nice to chat with someone as for Pervy and Horny Teens/Adults/Avatar Stalkers I've been playing home for almost 3 years and I rarely ran into any maybe one of two.(Basically just like PSHV's)

Message 3 of 28 (283 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
582 posts

Nov 17, 2011

I hate the pier park, it looks better then the hub i'll give it that, but the badly detailed boat, and the ferris wheel that you can't view in 1st person kinda kills the space. I like the idea of it but it was poorly desinged, it's an eyesore looking at my avatar with an obstructed view of the ocean, it should be more like loco roco island like what they did with the swings. Then it would be a nice addition. Central Plaza will be missed, the hub that replaced it seems like it's all about marketing, throwing stuff into your face to buy more crap (yes i buy alot of it). I miss the homey feeling cp had, and just the feel that all of home was connected. Life goes on I guess, sometimes things change for the better and sometimes not.

Message 4 of 28 (283 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
735 posts

Nov 17, 2011

Honestly, I prefer the CP. I kinda ranted about this is in another thread yesterday but I liked it's openness and the circular "central" shape of it that led to the other main spaces. I really miss that space.

I can't say I hate the Pier Park, but it's  not a space I'd hang out at regularly. I visit it on occassion, usually because a friend wants to go there. One of my issues is that dudes are always trying to invite me to sit with them on the Ferris wheel, when I am mid convo with friends. The pervs never stop, let me tell you that lol. I also wish I could sit on the boat or something. Why is it blocked off!?

I think a good idea would be to connect that Pier Park to the CP through that big wooden gate or something.It was always my assumption that the gate was there for a reason. It's the perfect place to put a park like that, because of the ocean location and in the harbor, like the Harbor Studio that overlooks scenery kind of similar to that of Pier Park.

All in all, I'd say keep Pier Park, but bring back CP. I want both lol. Pier Park is good for change of pace once in awhile, but not a main hangout. I could stay in CP for hours, seriously. And I have, several times. BRING BACK CP!!!

Message 5 of 28 (283 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3916 posts

Nov 17, 2011

RyanEsau wrote:

2.It was my favorite hang out it was fun and I loved glitching onto the bench with my friends.

Pier Park has a bench glitch if you would like some nostalgia.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 6 of 28 (283 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2123 posts

Nov 18, 2011

u still can do a bench glitch @ pier park but idk how. about songs voting, i was listenning 2 the same song everytime. everytime i choose a new 1 they come & vote 4 the same song. am glad we dnt have this option n the new hub.

(thats my opinion only)

AM GOOD BUT NOT THE BEST
http://about.me/Rage_kmj

PSN Gamercards
Message 7 of 28 (283 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1266 posts

Nov 19, 2011

Finally I got into the forums. I had to sign in from the playstation home page since the forums won't allow you to do so from within the forums.Felt like having tape over my proverbial mouth.

That aside pier park has more to offer than CP did. Yes there isn't a shortcut to the harbor studio apt, but about that. The harbor studio apt looked somewhat tied to CP, and doesn't look to fit with the sunset in pier park.

A few other things. CP can still be viewed from inside the bowling alley (A tease, or nostalgia?)

Recap: CP had a music spot, pier park has one. CP had a theater, Pier park has one, CP had benches, pier park has some. CP had an area of interchangeable games, and from what I gather about the turkey run so does pier park

The only things that distinguish CP from pier park is the saucer pop (which was getting rather old), and the mall shortcut. I don't even consider the harbor studio apt shortcut because quite a few home regulars owned and often ported to other apts anyway. I personally was a little upset that I couldn't warp from CP to other apts with the "shortcut" but that's semantics.

Improvements? Definitely. The ferris wheel is a place where 2 people can go for a conversation and not be trolled insane From what I gather there will be something about that yacht, and the buildings between the theater, and music area to add to the space.

Overall the ferris wheel makes Pier park a better CP than the old one, but...Pier park isn't the CP replacement, the hub is, and I think the hub is terrible in place of CP, and I call it the mall ground floor, because that's what I feel it looks, and feels like.

Perish_Song
Message 8 of 28 (283 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
421 posts

Nov 20, 2011

Well pier park is nice i love it but i really don't like getting booted every time i leave that space.

Message 9 of 28 (283 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1006 posts

Nov 20, 2011

Feels weird leaving the bowling alley, expecting CP and then popping up at Pier Park. To me, Home feels more divided now. Shouldn't I start at the Hub instead of Pier Park if I leave the bowling alley?

"There are no atheists in the 85th minute" - Teju Cole
Message 10 of 28 (283 Views)
0 Likes