Welcoming Committee
6530 posts

Re: Picture taking by strangers

Feb 6, 2013

I just put on my " I'm Invisible " costume. Problem solved.Woman Happy

=+=Irresponsible kids are raised by irresponsible parents who were once irresponsible kids themselves.The vicious cycle continues.=+=[/IMG]
Message 21 of 74 (335 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
159 posts

Feb 6, 2013

I think the thing is, Girls don't like being taken pictures of in home because there's that sense of "They're taking pics of my chest or rear" Which sits in the back of the mind. I confronted a guy one time that was very much like the user that the OP described and he openly admitted to taking pics of the females "Parts" and "Faces" Followed by him immediately leaving the space post-conversation. 

Home has its own CIA, Didn't you know? .....Contradiction,Ignorance,Assumption.
Everyone is a lunatic its just when will they break from the asylum, I have.
Trolling? Pfft .... Entertainment.
Message 22 of 74 (310 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3075 posts

Feb 6, 2013

I use the camera in pubic spaces, but not always to take pictures. I use it as a telescope type thing and use it to zoom in on things from far away. Sometimes it's an unreachable area, and sometimes it's a sign on the other end of the space and I'm too lazy to walk there. Man LOL

bobs fed signature
Message 23 of 74 (283 Views)
Fender Bender
1148 posts

Feb 6, 2013

Ah, I just made up my mind to take it as a compliment.

Either they find me attractive enough (or weird enough) looking, to want to keep a momento of me Smiley Happy

photo Xmas3_1copy_1.jpg
Message 24 of 74 (251 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1729 posts

Feb 6, 2013

Maybe for voodoo pUrposes. 

That be my direction if i ever take a picture of anybody. 

- Restless Dreams.
Message 25 of 74 (220 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6228 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 6, 2013

People take pictures of my avatar all the time,,, It use to bother me,,, now I think its kind of funny so I just pose and keep on going about my business,,, Its not like it hurts anything

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 26 of 74 (217 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Feb 6, 2013

Like others have said there are no laws in Home and you don't have any rights.  So I for one would not have a problem with this.  Home is just like the real world if you would find your self to shy to wear an item don't wear it.

But the flip side to all this is why would anyone care?  Think about it this person post's on Youtube and you think someone from the real world is going to recognize you?  It's very unlikely unless you go around telling everyone your PSN nick.  Even then it would be very unlikely.

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Message 27 of 74 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7208 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 6, 2013

Conrad_Max wrote:

Personally I see no issue with taking pictures in general. But if someone asked me not to take one of them (their avatar), I would comply. I wouldn't want to upset them or make their Home experience uncomfortable.

Taking a series of pictures of someone who had already asked the photographer to stop is consdered harassment - just as any other unwanted attention is harassment. And it is up to the person who is the subject of the photographer to make that decision, not their friends who are with them.

I have to dis agree max. sorry . they piad for  the camera and home is a open public space for fun and entertainment.  wether we like or not, they can  take pics of what ever they want, when they want. Becuase they paid to do  so. How  can some folks dictate how someome uses they're purchases.  This would be same as  saying you cant wear that item becuase it "TrashY" .. but the  thing  its not your item or the  complainee money , so why ruin  someone fun at the end of the day its a  game not real life. No matter how much  they we make it like real ife and  how much we spend on it just a game for fun and entertainment.

I dont see anything  creepy about it or harrasing about it. I think alot folks need to get off the trip stick of this my  real ife..   home is or fun.( not taking jabs at anyone)

Im  not directing this to you  per say  when i say  "you" in some parts im stating a general  example of thought an opinion"  But  in short i disgree its harassment and I  dont see how folk can  take away someone else  fun with their purchases . . if asked  for  photo or not ,grouped or not..  If that  they want to do then , it not much  anyone can do  about about exit/ not make hissy fit of "dont photo me"..  As long they say dont negative things and its all  clean  no problem

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 28 of 74 (185 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1051 posts

Feb 6, 2013

"Strangers" for the record really every1 online(in PSH) is a stranger unless you knew them b4 PSH

Anyways....UM LOL! WOW! People really let stuff bother them so easily.

OMG Yesterday morning this female avatar came up to me and said i was a boy. Like darn my feelings are so crushed pffft.

Astrocytoma can ruin my life but it can't break my spirit...Ghost minded and in the Shadows. Don't get it? yeah thats because it isn't normal.
Message 29 of 74 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1630 posts

Feb 6, 2013

KindnCruel_full.jpg

nothing new to us Smiley Very Happy

photo l_1ac92e40c72f428cb2c1ab1d6c3930c5-1-1.jpg
Message 30 of 74 (174 Views)