Survivor
2039 posts

Re: Picture taking by strangers

Feb 12, 2013
This is based simply on the fact that there has not been one single, documented case of a home user EVER being disciplined for taking screenshots in home. No testimony...no case, no documented proof. Nothing...

There has to be a violation of the Home rules or TOS to warrant disciplanary action. <-----

If no rules or TOS was infringed upon...no home user is obligated to abide by any such form of disciplanary action, and I strongly urge the victim to circumvent and bypass any attempt to do so.

Punishing the wicked is fine. Wickedly punishing the innocent is unacceptable.
I'm A Shadow. One That No Light Will Shine On. As Long As You Follow Me....You Will Never See The Day.
Message 61 of 74 (190 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28360 posts

Feb 12, 2013

Shadow-Runner wrote:
This is based simply on the fact that there has not been one single, documented case of a home user EVER being disciplined for taking screenshots in home. No testimony...no case, no documented proof. Nothing...

Moderation has clearly stated that they will not discuss specific action taken against any accout. And they have stated that they will not contact the reporter unless they require more detail.

For the last time, if Moderation feels that a report regarding someone taking pictures of another user is harassment, they will take the appropriate action.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 62 of 74 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2039 posts

Feb 12, 2013
Ah yes, "Moderation" has stated that they will not discuss the terms of disciplanary action against those who have been convicted of a violation.

However, the defendant (the home user) is free to discuss their terms of discipline all they want, to whoever they want. They dont even have to discuss it discreetly or use PM's.

And Im willing to bet that if anyone was ever disciplined for taking screenshots in home...the home forums would be the BEST place to rant about it. I mean...I know I would, for sure.

Again, after searching the forum boards, not once do you find ONE thread where a user has ever testified to being disciplined for taking screenshots in home. Im just sayin...if this has happened before, surely it would've made the forum boards after all these years.

I get the whole "If a MOD decides its a legit report, they will handle it" textbook quote. Im just sayin in a universe of infinite possibilities...its UNLIKELY to ever happen. You'd have a better chance of getting struck by lightening on a sunny day.

Now, if you would like to continue the discussion on the topic of "likely possibilities" surrounding the matter...keep responding, lol.

TLDR: Sure, you can report someone for taking pictures in home. However, if there was no violation of the TOS or Home rules....I wouldnt expect much to ever come of it.

And thats just keepin it on the reals. ^_-
I'm A Shadow. One That No Light Will Shine On. As Long As You Follow Me....You Will Never See The Day.
Message 63 of 74 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4495 posts

Feb 12, 2013

Shadow-Runner wrote:
Are we seriously mulling over the idea of reporting people for taking pics in home? Are we seriously encouraging people to submit reports for this, based on what....? I read all 6 pages here, including the OP. Nowhere does the OP even mention a claim to harassment, let alone fall victim to it.

Case in point, dont the MODS already have enough "legitimate" reports to sort thru and deal with on a daily basis...without obnoxiously flooding them with overexaggerated complaints of harassment?

Theyre already removing the camera item from the inventory, with the 1.75 update; leaving us with just the portable R1 camera....and its people like the OP who will push to get it removed too.

It is a fact of life, that people just complain too much....

IKR.. This topic is tragically hilarious, and is a prime example of what happens when people get emotionally lost in a virtual world and lose their perspective.

As for Conrad's 'amazing' advice to report someone for taking pictures if you "feel" that is a form of harassment, in some ways I hope they follow up on his advice, as it is ALSO a TOS violation to make false reports, and hopefully who ever receives these reports of so-called harassment will clearly see this as a false report and turn the table on those doing the reporting.

Unfortunately though, what I fear is that due to people like this, and Sony's apparent cut down on expenditures in running Home, what few moderators they still have likely rarely respond to most reports, and so sending petty and certainly false reports is only making it worse for those who have sent legitimate reports that are getting lost or ignored due to excessive false reports.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 64 of 74 (155 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4392 posts

Feb 12, 2013

Seven pages of heated discussion about this?

Really?

Really!!?

People are taking offence about someone capturing a collection of pixels, broadcast to their TV through a medium that only Sony owns, so that they can look at said collection of pixels later on their TV, through a medium that only Sony owns.  With a tool that Sony has given them expressly for that purpose.

Seven pages of this.

North Korea is one step closer to aiming a nuclear missile at your country.

The Economy is on the brink of another downward slide.

But this warrants seven pages of intense moral debate, like it is the next major human rights issue facing the world.

People need to unplug.

Be One With The Game.

Message 65 of 74 (151 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1507 posts

Feb 12, 2013

SET the example...lol..just sayin..U FIRST!..lolSmiley Very Happy

Old Gamers Don't Die... They Re Spawn...
Message 66 of 74 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
392 posts

Feb 12, 2013

Conrad_Max wrote:

If any of us ever feel that we are being harassed, regardless of how it's being done, we have the right to report it. From there, it is up to Moderation to determine if the report is justified. That is the only truth when it comes to reporting alleged harassment.

If someone feels that having someone else consistently photographing themselves is not harassment, then that's cool. But if someone feels that they are being harassed, then they have the right to report it. Is there an issue with that?

I would never, ever tell anyone not to report someone if they believe that they are being harassed. Only they, and then Moderation, can determine that.

This "discussion" has gone on for a while. It should have ended when someone said that they felt that they were being harassed, and received the information on what to do.

You tell em boy scout

Message 67 of 74 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
584 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 12, 2013

Yea lets file a report on someone thats just taking pictures of a public place, for reliving memories and not just females, O_O, really, the ppl that say this topic shouldn't be going over seven pages and more, I totally agree with them.

I like taking pics of the public spaces before they go off of home, it's something to look back into when new places come. I also take pics of groups of ppl with silly costumes and other funny things lol. So here we go again with some females complaining and being all offensive about the picture taking. So I guess some females don't understand that they do it too and making it alright for them to do it. I don't  see the guys complaining so why should the females complain.

The freedom in home is not even alive anymore, I swear to god.

Message 68 of 74 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
202 posts

Feb 12, 2013
VioletWinds -
1. Your statement is correct, but your avatar is not "you". It's a computer representation, that you do not own, which has no personally identifiable characteristics. Since it is not "you", your avatar has no rights that are afforded a human being.
2. I read the definition of 'public domain' and I think it was properly applied. "Property rights are inapplicable...". You do not own the 'rights' to your avatar since it is not your intellectual property - it's Sony's.
3. Since you do not own the rights to your avatar, you have no right to prevent the use of any available feature of Home, including taking photos or someone dancing in your face. Egregious behavior is outlined in the ToS, and photo-taking is not listed.

Bottom line - if you don't like it, don't play.
Message 69 of 74 (103 Views)
Gaming Beast
1633 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 12, 2013

How come nobody who mainly uses male avatars (such as myself) ever complain about random people taking pictures?

I get a lot of pictures of my avatar nearly everytime I come on Home.

How is this harrassment again?..

Is it the sound of the flash?..if so, then thats laughably silly.

Message 70 of 74 (102 Views)