Lombax Warrior
159 posts

Re: Picture taking by strangers

[ Edited ]
Feb 6, 2013

I read a lot of the posts here, So the basic thing looks like is "Don't wear provocative clothes that you "Purchased" wear the most covering/Non-Revealing clothing in home and you should be fine" Sooo, This is what I read out of this: No bikinis at the beach they're to provocative will draw attention, No crop tops they show off your stomach will draw attention, No revealing outfits or clothing. From the posts ive seen don't buy anything that shows any skin and you'll be perfectly fine, Might even look for a ski mask or head wrap to cover the face might draw attention can't have that. In some ways they're right provocative clothing will draw attention, But in another way other users don't have to act ina  desperate childish manner with the camera feature. And i don't remember me BUYING my camera mine was automatically preset into my inventory and the pocket camera.

Home has its own CIA, Didn't you know? .....Contradiction,Ignorance,Assumption.
Everyone is a lunatic its just when will they break from the asylum, I have.
Trolling? Pfft .... Entertainment.
Message 41 of 74 (312 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
39 posts

Feb 6, 2013

I agree with you.  Make a block ing option available, such as with "pm-ing", problem solved.  I don't dress hoochie, but I do dress nice.  The clothes are my passion and hooking up subtly chic outfits are what I love to do.  However, I have noticed that more and more people are taking my photo.  i don't know if they want to copy outfit and post on fashion runway or what?  My response to this is, although annoying, it's complimentary...jus wish they had more origininality and less copycat.  

Message 42 of 74 (301 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
252 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 6, 2013
@lunatic: Please... You took the concept that many people expressed and exagerated it to make it look wrong.
No one mentioned the beach space. Since you use Home, im sure that you know how some female avatars tend to dress and pose, in spaces like the Hub or whatever. That way of dressing an avatar will most likely attract a certain kind of people.
its really simple...
If Sony didnt start to sell items that looked so trashy, and focused on games costumes, or just clothing that normal people would use in social environments, there would be less issues.

You can buy whatever you want. My avatar usually wears t-shirts and jeans, the Final Fantasy Lightning costume, or LBP clothes. I dont get any issue, and actually get into a lot of gaming conversations. Meanwhile, i see other avatars dressed in certain ways, posing in a certain way, that attract flocks of 12 years old.
Message 43 of 74 (296 Views)
Fender Bender
3408 posts

Feb 6, 2013

This happens alot. Whenever I use my avatar and just casually walk around Home, some random dude just comes up and takes a photo and runs away. It doesn't bother me at all, well because its just an avatar...it's better than someone taking a picture of me in real life and using it to stalk me.

photo tumblr_ltj7u6nyrU1qetp61o1_500_zpse82365c3.gif
http://auroraterra.deviantart.com/
Message 44 of 74 (269 Views)
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
159 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 8, 2013

In response back, I exaggerated it because more than likely it would have gotten to that point in the thread. Btw I knew no one brought up a beach space I was making a point of "Provocative clothing" Whole reasoning behind that reply was this... What I saw was that people were basically saying "You brought it on yourself for buying revealing clothing your fault" Which tbh is sad due to the fact that its that users money and they can buy what they want. They just were hoping that the item didn't bring to much immaturity. Secondly from the tone of your post seems like you wouldn't mind if home had a dress code, This isn't Highschool. Smiley Happy

Home has its own CIA, Didn't you know? .....Contradiction,Ignorance,Assumption.
Everyone is a lunatic its just when will they break from the asylum, I have.
Trolling? Pfft .... Entertainment.
Message 45 of 74 (229 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2961 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 11, 2013

A news film crew is driving around taking pictures of everyone in sight. Do they have to ask anybody for permission to use there image? No they don't. Why? Because it's considered a public place. Only when your going to sell or use pics/videotapes in a commercial product.  Do they have to ask permission ie; Jay Leno and David Letterman etc.  Some person taking pictures in the hub is hardly going around and selling your picture. Never mind people who use video capture cards and you don't even know their recording everything. Read this; Taking photo's in public places.

So I will say this again. If you don't want your picture taken don't go to public places...

VioletWinds wrote:

Strider,

There are several points I'd like to make in reply to you.

1. When you are videotaped or photographed in public, they do not have the right to release the videos or photos, except to the proper authorities or with the permission of those so videotaped or photographed.

2. You are misusing the term "public domain", perhaps you should "Google" it.

3. I didn't say that I made an objection or didn't allow him to take a picture of my avatar, but I certainly have the right to prevent it, if I choose. I can't turn, move, dance, change into a male avatar, leave the space... You get the idea.

Excuse me I put the wrong word in there. Instead of public domain replace with public place. I did clear up the numerous spelling errors you had since your so picky..

AlphaZone4.com | Home Item Database
Map
Map

Schlachlen-Haus fünf ................................

Message 46 of 74 (183 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
504 posts

Feb 12, 2013

i do not see a prob its there cam they can take a pic of what they want and ummSmiley Frustrated how can you be 100% there takeing your pic maybe there is a nice tree by you?Smiley Very Happy

photo moka_zps43a8e4a6.jpghttp://playstationhome.jp
Message 47 of 74 (165 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4499 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 12, 2013

This is a crazy topic... Folks, not only are we talking about virtual pixels here, but we don't even own any legal right to these avatars.  Everything in Home is owned by Sony, including all the content we "buy"... When in fact all we are really doing is buying the right to us it.  we don't actually own anything in Home.

People can take all the pics they want in Home.  If for some reason one is so freaked out over a stranger taking a pic of them, I suggest you take a break from Home and really think where your priorities are right now, and if that doesn't work - stick to personal spaces.

So many real signifcant problems with Home, and this is a hot topic?

*sigh*  

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 48 of 74 (152 Views)
Sackboy
392 posts

Feb 12, 2013
They can take photos of me any time any where. You know what makes em mad photobombing does. If you see the bikini snappers change into a fat suit and start posing
Message 49 of 74 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

Feb 12, 2013

hazu360 wrote:

i do not see a prob its there cam they can take a pic of what they want and ummSmiley Frustrated how can you be 100% there takeing your pic maybe there is a nice tree by you?Smiley Very Happy

This^

Sometimes it's hard to tell exactly what people are photographing, since all we can hear is the camera noise.

Message 50 of 74 (139 Views)