I Only Post Everything
1051 posts

Re: Picture taking by strangers

Feb 6, 2013

darkan12-nl wrote:

KindnCruel_full.jpg

nothing new to us Smiley Very Happy

Kuuuuuuuuuuuuudos! HAH!

Astrocytoma can ruin my life but it can't break my spirit...Ghost minded and in the Shadows. Don't get it? yeah thats because it isn't normal.
Message 31 of 74 (313 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5705 posts

Feb 6, 2013

Seeing how sony has allthe posters and tv advertisements go blank when HOMEusers use the camera i wonder if it's possible for them to add a no picture setting that when activated makesyour avatar disappear with the poster and videoscreen advertisments when they snap the camera?

images.jpg

Message 32 of 74 (311 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1630 posts

Feb 6, 2013

Wiinterbabi wrote:

darkan12-nl wrote:

KindnCruel_full.jpg

nothing new to us Smiley Very Happy

Kuuuuuuuuuuuuudos! HAH!

seriously i dont see a problem, i just tell them, next time ask and i will pose too Smiley Tongue

photo l_1ac92e40c72f428cb2c1ab1d6c3930c5-1-1.jpg
Message 33 of 74 (307 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
223 posts

Feb 6, 2013

while i agree with those that say its no big deal, it is those type (creepy pic takers) that has made home a place less....friendly. its not just the creepy pic takers either, its all the immature ones out there that has made it nearly impossible to just walk up and say hi to someone or to ask a simple question. its things like creepy pic taker that has condition some on home to become hyper sensitive. its a shame to because it keeps some from meeting other great people on home.

lightning photo tumblr_m9obahTLDP1ra3qoqo1_500_zpsdad312cd.gifthank you BMW
Message 34 of 74 (298 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Feb 6, 2013

There is nothing in real life that stops people from taking your picture be it up close or with telephoto lenses. All the celebrities know what it is to have paparazzi follow them around. 

Message 35 of 74 (283 Views)
I Only Post Everything
387 posts

Feb 6, 2013

Based on the original post of "wearing a succubus outfit" ... any female avatar, or male for that matter, wearing alluring content and going into a public Home space is looking for attention. *cough junk man skivvies* And guess what you got it. Now you are concerned and at odds with the behavior of the photographer when it's your choice in wearable that brought on the attention? Dress tastefully in public if you don't want to draw attention. Or, wear the content most likely to attract the seedy out to picture perv only in the privacy of your own spaces. You made the choice to wear the content in a public location which makes it you who put the content there for the picture perv in the first place. Don't place the blame on someone wandering a public location. No matter their motives. How many others have you failed to notice before this one guy? The moment you leave a private space it's anyone's game. Home has always been play at your own risk. Sorry if you are only just now figuring that out.

It was my choice to take this point of view since no one seemed to comment on what you mentioned wearing at the time of said incident. This thread should be less about one's avatar being photographed in a public Home space and more about making wiser choices in avatar wearable. In real life do you go grocery shopping dressed in a bikini? Or, wear only a towel to get your oil changed? I think not. Making me laugh.  

I also agree with the post about using the camera as a tool for zooming in to see great distances. Did that just the other day to look at a user id.

Message 36 of 74 (278 Views)
Highlighted
Wastelander
252 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 6, 2013

If you dress your avatar in a way that will draw virtual attention to you (and you fully know it), an go in a public space, then you should expect things like some random person taking pictures of your virtual self - complaining seems very naive.

Sorry, but you are taking Home too seriously! I always dress my avatar in a funny, or very normal/casual/gaming way and i dont get any kind of strange attention - i take everything in this game in a very light way anyway.

It's amusing when i see some female avatar dressed in a really "cheap" way (it's the best way i can put it without being rude) complaining about people standing too close to them, or "staring" at them (can you even stare in Home?).

With that i'm not saying that there shouldn't be moderation against immature people, of course there should be.

I just hope that the Ps4 Home will be way more centered about the PlayStation universe, because right now it truly feels like a circus. I would like it to really be the social platform for playstation users it was meant to be, and not a catwalk for virtual divas and e-thugs (i'm not saying that you are, just venting my general opinion).

Message 37 of 74 (263 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
223 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 6, 2013

i get what most are saying about how one dresses their avi that they should expect some form of attention. it shouldn't matter though, really. but when you add kids with adults and some adults who act like kids in a setting where there are no monitors, no hard strict rules or late to no consequences of violating of rules this is the outcome sadly. self control on the user's part can play a huge part as well and for now as it is, self control is all we can expect to try and change since sony has allowed the inmates to run the asylum so to speak.

lightning photo tumblr_m9obahTLDP1ra3qoqo1_500_zpsdad312cd.gifthank you BMW
Message 38 of 74 (219 Views)
Gaming Beast
1633 posts

Feb 6, 2013

VioletWinds wrote:

I was wearing a succubus outfit and standing on my cloud in the Hub last night when someone came up to me, showing he was taking pictures. A (male) friend immediately stood in front of him to block him from taking my picture, which made him complain loudly that people kept blocking his view. I said to him that he could have at least asked first, to which he replied that he was just having fun taking pictures to upload to YouTube (as if this made it somehow more acceptable).

Thinking it over, I can't decide if his picturing taking is acceptable behavior or not. On the one hand, it's just pixels, not really me. On the other hand, it strikes me as a creepy thing to do. Especially since I watched him for awhile after that and he only took pictures of female avatars.

Opinions, thoughts?

Dont have your avatar wearing sexy clothes like the Succubus outfit and you wont have to worry about anyone taking pictures of your avatar (or paying attention to it at all)

I think the reason female-avatar users wear sexy clothes on their avatars is because they subconsciously want the attention, positive or negative. Then when they get negative attention they complain about it as if their avatar's outfit is completely innocent.

Not to say they deserve the negative perverted attention, but to say "i didn't expect people would act like this towards me when my avatar is dressed half-naked" is absurd.

P.S.: Appreciate the honesty on at least admitting what outfit your avatar was wearing at the time. Most people who complain about home creeps would try to omit that little detail to make themselves appear completely innocent.

Message 39 of 74 (201 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1507 posts

Feb 6, 2013

If its too loud?..your too old!...lmao...O...Smiley Wink

Old Gamers Don't Die... They Re Spawn...
Message 40 of 74 (186 Views)
0 Likes